Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|A Friendly Game|
|Season 8, Episode 155a|
|Air date||March 26, 2011|
|Written by|| Casey Alexander|
The Hot Shot
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Blue Fred (Cameo)
- Harold (Cameo)
- Other Fish
- Brief construction montage (x2)
SpongeBob goes over to Patrick's house so they can play a game of golf. However, before their game can begin it starts to rain, so they decide to build a golf course in SpongeBob's house. While they're building, the noise wakes Squidward up. Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick to not make any more noise "Or else". Patrick does everything he can to distract SpongeBob and make him lose. SpongeBob and Patrick's golf balls smash through SpongeBob's window after they hit them too hard and land right in Squidward's house. SpongeBob decides to end the game but Patrick ignores him and enters Squidward's house to look for his ball. While searching, Patrick stops to eat some kelp salad only to discover he has also eaten SpongeBob's ball which was hiding in it. Patrick offers to get the ball out but he declines and tells Patrick he has to "play the ball where it lies". After hitting his ball out of Patrick's body, Patrick finds his ball stuck in his butt crack, SpongeBob reminds him again that he must "play it where it lies". Patrick gets a hole in one and SpongeBob tells him he could do it blindfolded so Patrick hands him a blindfold. Patrick helps SpongeBob find his ball by playing hot or cold, but since SpongeBob can't see he accidentally breaks Squidward's furniture and paintings. They soon find both balls have landed in Squid's room, Patrick's golf ball is on Squidward's head and SpongeBob's is in his mouth. Just as they are about to hit their balls, Squidward wakes up and screams as SpongeBob hits his golf ball out along with Squidward's teeth. Patrick and SpongeBob both get a hole in one and leave Squidward's house just before it falls to the ground.Then SpongeBob does a rematch next Saturday and heads over to SpongeBob's house.
- This is the second time Squidward's sleeping blinder was burned. The first is Night Light.
- Second time SpongeBob's foghorn clock is shown at the left side of his bed. First time was in Sandy's Rocket.
- When SpongeBob or Patrick hit the ball into the hole, they didn't pick it up out of the hole, so you should see the other one's ball in the hole when the other one gets it in.
- When SpongeBob's ball hits the vase in Squidward's house, it somehow lands in his mouth.
- This episode's scructure is similar to "Pineapple Fever". In both episodes, SpongeBob and Patrick have plans to go outside, but there is a storm, so they have to stay inside. Squidward is involved in what SpongeBob and Patrick do inside.
- This is the second time Patrick uses Squidward's shower. The first was in "Naughty Nautical Neighbors".
- This is the second time SpongeBob is seen in a blindfold. The first was in "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired".
- Patrick won the game. SpongeBob used over 10 strokes while Patrick was unknowingly misguiding SpongeBob to his ball during a shower, reacting to the "fancy fixtures".
- Time card says Brief Construction Montage used 2x. First one calls out "The following is a brief construction montage", 2nd calls out "We hope you enjoyed the brief construction montage". This is a reference to the paid program disclaimers shown at the beginning and end of the paid program.
- This is the sixth time a Squidward clown self-portrait appears. The first time was Not Normal, the second was Gone, the third was Squid's Visit, the fourth one was Tentacle-Vision, and the fifth was I ♥ Dancing.
- This is the first time that Squidward was said to wear dentures. However, they might have been his real teeth that have been knocked out by SpongeBob and Patrick.
- The Nickelodeon schedule calls this episode "Friendly Game" instead of "A Friendly Game".
- When SpongeBob said "Lets get this game teed off" he was not next to a starting point. But when he got the golf balls (And was still standing in the same place when he did) he just bent down and a starting place was there.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick hit the balls off of Squidward, Squidward's dentures don't go flying with the balls or land in Gary's food bowl.
- Although Patrick said he and SpongeBob were a tie, "3 strokes to 3", on SpongeBob's third stroke, he just missed the hole, so it would be at 4 strokes to 3.
- Squidward is not wearing a blinder until SpongeBob and Patrick go into his bedroom.
- Spongebob and Patrick say "Play it [the ball] where it lands" at first, but the phrase gets changed to "play it where it lies".
- When SpongeBob and Patrick hit their balls into Squidward's house, they break a window. However, when SpongeBob walks around blindfolded and destroys Squidward's things, he breaks the same window. The window was already broken.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick go into Squidward's bedroom, the red ball is not seen in Squidward's mouth until Patrick tells SpongeBob so.
- When SpongeBob broke a window, all the glass was in his house, but it should have been out. The same thing happened when the ball went into Squidward's house.
- Hole 3 would be physically impossible. The ball has to go across the ceiling, which gravity would affect, and then the ball goes into a set of barrels, but, the pipes are in areas that would be impossible to reach without the bottom of the barrel's inside being elevated to the pipe's level.
- When Patrick says, That's two in a row! he holds 3 fingers instead of 2. However, this could just be due to his stupidity.
- Technically, they wouldn't have won, because it seemed that there were more holes in SpongeBob's house.
- It would be impossible for the ball to reach SpongeBob's house. Patrick hit only 1 wall down when there was a hallway in the house in the direction he was facing Squidward, meaning he would have to break through two walls; and considering the fact SpongeBob's master bedroom window is facing away from Squidward's house throughout the episode.
- SpongeBob and Patrick would not have won unless they counted Gary's feeding bowl as a hole.
- SpongeBob and Patrick could not have both won. Assuming that they knew this, it is not revealed the actual winner of the golf game.
- Squidward's dentures are not seen flying into the window into Gary's feeding bowl.
- SpongeBob's golf ball could not have made it into the kelp salad in Squidward's refrigerator unless Patrick put it in there and then ate it to cheat.
- It is unknown why Patrick went into Squidward's shower.
- However, Patrick said, "But I wanted to try his loofah." so that could be a reason why he went in Squidward's shower.
- SpongeBob broke the Tiki house's eye windows in the gallery. But later in the episode, Patrick did more destruction to the same windows, only when Patrick did it, the windows weren't in the gallery like earlier in the episode, they were in Squidward's bedroom.