Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Larry the Lobster
- Trench monsters
- Goo Lagoon beachgoers
The episode begins when SpongeBob and Patrick are getting a tan. Suddenly Larry the Lobster comes riding in on a motorcycle, kicking up sand in SpongeBob's and Patrick's faces. However every cheers for Larry and soon they talk to him. Larry says he's a professional daredevil who loves to live life to the fullest. Then Larry points out SpongeBob and Patrick are big scaredy cats and need to be more like him. Larry drives away leaving Patrick in deep thought.
The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick are blowing bubbles in Jellyfish Fields, when Patrick says that their lives are boring, and that they need to live like Larry. Patrick, then jumps on a seahorse, which bucks him off and severely injures Patrick. Meanwhile, SpongeBob is riding a kiddie ride at the grocery store. Later that day, Patrick kicks down SpongeBob's door, and drags him to the junkyard. Patrick then jumps in a boat going on the conveyor belt. The boat (with Patrick inside) is then crushed by the junkyard crusher, while SpongeBob only watches in horror as Patrick is slowly crushed.
Even later that day, Patrick breaks down the door again (still inside the crushed car) and pulls SpongeBob to the outskirts of Bikini Bottom to a deep canyon next to the canyon is a long board leading to the bottom, which Patrick says he will skate down. He tells SpongeBob to join him, but SpongeBob says that going down the ramp would be stupid, and would certainly kill them. Patrick shrugs and calls SpongeBob a chicken. Patrick then skates down, and flies right into the mouths of several hungry monsters, Patrick's fate is unknown.
Next to the canyon is a long board leading to the bottom, which Patrick says he will skate down. He tells SpongeBob to join him, but SpongeBob says that going down the ramp would be stupid, and would certainly kill them. Patrick shrugs and calls SpongeBob a chicken. Patrick then skates down, and flies right into the mouths of several hungry monsters, Patrick's fate is unknown.
The next day, SpongeBob is workng at the Krusty Krab, when Patrick (who apparently survived the monster attack) is running towards the restaurant, trying to get away from five mad bikers (Possibly the Wild Ones). He tells SpongeBob that he was right, and that he would never try such stupid stunts again. When SpongeBob goes outsides to talk to the bikers, he knocks down their bikes. SpongeBob and Patrick run down the street, and SpongeBob gets a rush of adrenaline. SpongeBob shouts that he's living like Larry, and is now obsessed with daredevil stunts. The bikers hit SpongeBob with their bikes, sending SpongeBob flying into the air.
Later that day, SpongeBob and Patrick are on the beach again, but this time on a giant arrow aimed towards hundreds of sharp rocks (Ripper's Reef). Patrick worries that they'll get hurt, but SpongeBob prepares to cut the rop anyway. Meanwhile, Larry notices what they're doing and races to stop them. But Larry is too late, SpongeBob cuts the rope and they fly towards Ripper's Reef. Larry hooks a rope on the arrow, and is pulled up too. SpongeBob shouts with glee, while Patrick and Larry scream. They slam into Ripper's Reef at full force, and all are impaled with the rocks.
Later at the Bikini Bottom Hospital, Patrick and Larry are put in full body casts, while SpongeBob is put in a wheel chair. SpongeBob says that it's time for his next stunt, and asks "What would Larry do?". Larry gets mad and chases SpongeBob out of the hospital.
- The title parodies the Beatles' song A Day In The Life  .
- The line 'What would Larry do?' parodied the popular Buffy the Vampire Slayer catchphrase 'What would Buffy do?', which itself is a parody of the phrase, "What Would Jesus Do?".
- The title card background is the same as the one for "Band Geeks," and the "The Next Day" time card from "Sing a Song of Patrick," but this one is a tad brighter in color.
APM music identification
- Dancing the Hula - Title card
- Return of the Surfin' Headhunters - Larry riding a motorcycle
- Kung Fu Saturdays - Larry surfing on his head
- Vibe Sting - SpongeBob and Patrick whimpering
- Fault Line - Larry tells them to live each day as if it were their last.
- Alekoki - Patrick blows bubbles behind a rock.
- No Fear - "This is where we redeem our miserable lives."
- Touch the Skies - Patrick riding a seahorse
- Fault Line - "Where were you, SpongeBob? It was awesome!"
- Entry of the Heroes A - SpongeBob gulps.
- Munitions Train - A#1 Wreckers
- No Fear - "You must defeat your reason before you can start... LIVING LIKE LARRY!"
- Munitions Train - Patrick gets crushed.
- Steel Licks - Patrick inside crushed car.
- Fault Line - "Patrick, where are we going?"
- Whisper from the Past - "No, Patrick, I mean your life. I'm not going."
- Phantom Train - The bikers are chasing Patrick.
- Outrage - "You were right, SpongeBob, I went too far."
- Saxaboogie - Larry is seen reading a book at his post.
- El Dementia - The bikers chase SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Murder in Mind - "...Ripper's Reef!"
- Rocket Sled to Oahu - "Wait! Don't do it! Stop!"
- Hawaiian Cocktail - SpongeBob, Larry, and Patrick end up in the hospital.