Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|A Pal for Gary|
|Season 7, Episode 131b|
|Air date||January 2, 2010|
|Written by|| Casey Alexander|
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful
Yours, Mine and Mine
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Puffy Fluffy (debut)
- Nudibranch seller
- Nat Peterson (as a character in the cowboy show)
- Fred Rechid
- Jan the Worm
It starts with SpongeBob feeding Gary. He accidentally drops the food and chaos comes. Then, SpongeBob goes to work. Gary tries to come with him but SpongeBob can't bring pets to work and leaves Gary. Gary then turns on the TV and watches a cowboy show. At the Krusty Krab, a customer comes in with his pet worm. SpongeBob explains that people can't bring their pets. The man is just about to leave when Mr. Krabs came and told him to buy Krabby Patties. He says to the man that he is a responsible pet owner. Then, SpongeBob feels that Gary is lonely after what Mr Krabs says, and buys another pet. He spots a stand with ridiculously cute Nudibranchs. SpongeBob sees a cute green one with purple eyes, huge pink lips and blue fins He says he wants that one, however the old peddler woman who owns them tells him that the Nudibranch are violent and dangerous, especially around other animals. Naturally SpongeBob ignores her and takes it home anyway while lady says to herself that the people never listen. When he gets home Gary is watching TV. SpongeBob gets in front of the screen to show Gary his new friend, then leaves to make enchiladas. While in the kitchen, Gary is chewing his toy in front of Puffy. Puffy then growls and scares Gary to go behind the couch while Puffy chews his toy apart. Puffy, about to bite Gary, sees that SpongeBob is coming back and turns himself back to a nice Nudibranch. SpongeBob gets Gary's bowl and makes a slash on it with marker. On the other side of the slash, he writes "Puffy Fluffy". Gary starts to eat when Puffy Fluffy Growls at him again. Then Puffy eat every single piece of food in the bowl. SpongeBob sees that Gary is hiding from Puffy again. Gary then jumps on SpongeBob while Puffy looks like he has absolutely no idea why Gary's on SpongeBob. SpongeBob tells Gary he is going to sleep with Puffy Fluffy tonight. When he puts Gary in the bed, he hisses at Puffy. During the night Gary wakes up and sees Puffy's skin on the bed. He walks in the kitchen to see a huge eel eating in the refrigerator. The eel is revealed to be Puffy Fluffy! He seems to now have five tongues with a mouth on each. Puffy then attacks Gary. Gary is relieved when SpongeBob enters the kitchen, only to be shocked when instead of helping him his owner starts berating him for how he's still treating Puffy, even when the eel is clearly about to eat him. Puffy uses its tongues and grabs onto SpongeBob, who's still berating his snail even as he's about to be eaten. It's up to Gary to save his master. Using a leash he whips at Puffy, driving it from the Pineapple home. SpongeBob chases after the beast crying for it not to go, then turning and admonishing Gary for chasing Puffy away, to which he gets an ruthless glare. SpongeBob brings Gary to work the next day so he's not lonely.
- In this episode, when Fred first appears he isn't with his son. but later, when Fred buys a nudibranch, he is with his son.
- This episode has the same title card background as "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" and "Culture Shock".
- This is the fifth episode to have tikis on the title card. The first was Hall Monitor, the second was Culture Shock, the third was I Was a Teenage Gary, and the fourth was SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One, the sixth will be Enchanted Tiki Dreams.
- The theme of getting a pet from a mysterious old person that is potentially dangerous having a cute creature become a monster, and a good pet destroying the monster parodies 'Gremlins'. Only more so asSpongeBob blatantly ignores the peddler's words of caution and just breaks into her caravan and takes one without permission.
- Fifth time they showed SpongeBob's library: the first was Boating School.
- Puffy Fluffy is shown with one tongue with no mouth when he was little but when he was a monster, he has about 7 tongues.
- This episode is similar to "Pet or Pests", because Gary also fights with worms.
- Title card is similar to Culture Shock, but is a coarser red.
- Some parents believed that this episode scared younger viewers because of the monster's look.
- Mr. Krabs told SpongeBob to come in five hours early at work so he should have woken up at 4 a.m. instead of 9 a.m.
- SpongeBob's pants were ruined, however, when got to the Krusty Krab, he wore his pants.
- This is the second episode where Gary wears a Krusty Krab hat.The first was Banned in Bikini Bottom the third time will be in One Coarse Meal.
- It appears there was Indiana Jones-like music when SpongeBob was about to break down the door.
- Sixth time appearance Gary in the Krusty Krab.
- Nudibranchs, also known as Sea Slugs, are worm-like creatures, but in this episode, they're portrayed as plump, fluffy fish.
- Interestingly, a slug is simply a snail without a shell, and while Gary is a snail, Puffy Fluffy is a sea slug.
- Puffy Fluffy tries to eat SpongeBob, which is appropriate, since nudibranchs eat sponges.
- Spongebob seems oddly out of character, towards his treatment of Gary, easily blaming him for the destruction in the house, not realizing Gary wouldn't do anything like what he blames him for, and thinking Gary turned into the giant monster that Puffy Fluffy became and tried to eat Gary.
- This episode is one of the series worst received episodes due to SpongeBob's short attention span and his treatment of Gary.
- SpongeBob actually stole Puffy Fluffy from the gypsy; he wasn't seen paying her anything for Puffy.