Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Accidents Will Happen|
|Season 8, Episode 153a|
|Air date||July 18, 2011|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
The Other Patty
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- OWS Inspector
- Nat Peterson (Cameo)
At the Krusty Krab, the customers start to form a riot because Squidward is not at his post, so Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob where he is and he says that is he is in the storage room doing something that requires "complete privacy." Then, they hear a thud coming from the storage room and find Squidward, who has twisted his ankle, in a pile of buns. After Squidward explains what happened, Mr. Krabs realizes that it means he has to pay a fine to OWS. Squidward then sees it as an opportunity to blackmail Mr. Krabs unless he becomes his slave until he recovers. First Mr. Krabs fluffs a pillow for him and takes over for him. Meanwhile, SpongeBob and Patrick investigate the accident to find out if he is lying about his twisted ankle, but they cannot figure anything out. Meanwhile, Squidward is seen on the roof while Mr. Krabs brings him tea. Then he is forced to massage Squidward's ankle with fry grease. But when a customer orders something, he cooks a patty with his greasy hand and gets the customer sick. And when he is forced to pop Squidward's back barnacles, the customers leave. Then an agent from the OWS comes to the Krusty Krab to investigate, then is revealed that SpongeBob called him. Squidward then lies about how he was hurt, saying that he saw ten instead of eleven seeds on a bun, causing him to snatch it and try to replace it with a new one, when the shelf broke and hit him in the head. When the OWS Agent is about to fine Mr. Krabs, he remembers the Surveillance Camera he installed. When everyone watches the video, Squidward was shown sleeping on the shelf, weighing it down, and causing the chain to snap, meaning the whole time he was lying. Then, Mr. Krabs becomes enraged and makes Squidward pay. The episode ends with Squidward popping Mr. Krabs's back barnacles.
- This episode was first aired in the Philippines on October 14, 2011, along with The Other Patty. Both episodes are not part of the Animation Domination special, featuring a combination of the rest of Season 8 episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants and new episodes of Kung Fu Panda: Legends Of Awesomeness, only airing on the week of April 9, 2012 to April 13, 2012. The second one is Drive Thru and The Hot Shot, which is also not part of Animation Domination. The third one would be Frozen Face-Off which aired on January 13, 2012. The first and second aired along with The Great Patty Caper, New Fish in Town, and Love That Squid.
- It is revealed that there is an OWS poster, hidden in the stockroom.
- Second appearance of an Accident in a title card since Season 3's I Had an Accident.
- They didn't call the OWS in The Splinter when SpongeBob got the splinter in his thumb, they just threatened to send him home. This is possibly because SpongeBob's splinter was a minor injury.
- Mr. Krabs should've temporarily closed the Krusty Krab while he was pampering Squidward, as he knew SpongeBob was investigating, so there were no workers on duty.
- Also, there were many customers in the restaurant at the time, and somehow they got their Krabby Patties.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs makes a negligence for safety issues. The first is Krabs vs Plankton.
- When Mr. Krabs said "At least we're not busy", anchovies popped up in front of the register, a possible reference to the pilot, Help Wanted, when the restaurant was swarming with them.
- When Patrick had his bandages on and was dazed, he said "Breakfast, Green, Finland." This is possibly a reference to Frankendoodle, where he says "Finland" after being hit by Doodlebob's bowling ball. This breaks the 4th Wall. This means it's the 2nd time Patrick says Finland, the 1st time was in Frankendoodle.
- When the customers are leaving because they're disgusted by Squidward's back barnacles, you can hear someone say "Is THAT the secret ingredient?", and another one saying "Horrible special sauce".
- In Squidward's false flashback, the chain on the right snaps, but in reality it was the one on the left (It's possible the scene was flipped). Also he says he lay for 6 hours before being found. However SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs run in immediately when they hear him fall.
- It is debatable as to whether the surveillance camera operates from the same room as the one in "Truth or Square." The one in Truth or Square seemed unreachable, hinting that this one works from a different surveillance room.
- This is the second time Squidward got Mr. Krabs to pamper him like he did. The first was in "Krusty Towers".
- This is the third time anchovies appeared at the Krusty Krab. The first was in "Help Wanted". The second was in "The Play's the Thing".
- This is the second time someone eats a Krabby Patty with grease in it. The first was in "Greasy Buffoons".
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs makes the Krabby Patty instead of SpongeBob. The first was in Welcome to the Chum Bucket and the second was in Fungus Among Us.
- This episode is named after the Thomas the Tank Engine song in 1998.
- While SpongeBob and Patrick are investigating in the stockroom, there is a jar of Fry Grease. But when Mr. Krabs picks it up, it says Fay Grease instead.
- The title is also based on the song "Accidents Will Happen" by Elvis Costello in 1978.
- In Squidward's false report, he suggests that a customer's Krabby Patty had only ten sesame seeds instead of eleven. This too would be inaccurate, as sesame seed buns normally have over a hundred seeds on them, not just eleven. Besides, the camera only showed ONE side of the Krabby Patty. There has GOT to be more on the other side.
- The title music of the opening theme sound a lot like the music from the Super Mario Bros. video game, and the stage music on Yoshi's Island in both Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Squidward seems to show signs of what could be considered Munchausen Syndrome, in which a person fakes a disease or illness in order to elicit attention or sympathy. In this case, getting Mr. Krabs to pamper him.
- Title card is similar to Life of Crime but there's more sticks, has flowers, and is blue.
- Because it's such a serious situation that Squidward was injured, and plus the fact that the OWS had to get involved, it is strange that Mr. Krabs was only charged a dollar.
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs has a security camera in the bun storage. This shows his overprotection as revealed in Truth or Square.
- Mr. Krabs says "What in Neptune's knickers?" and "knickers" means "panties" in the UK.
- This is the Season 8 premiere.
- Mr. Krabs has committed yet another crime. He said he "borrowed" the security camera from the airport in a nervous tone. Of course, Mr. Krabs has actually stolen it.
- There is an error on the chalk outline of Squidward: in fact, the visible shape is characterized by four tentacles (two arms and two legs), but the other two legs are not drawn.
- When the OWS arrives in the warehouse, the chalk outline of Squidward is much lower than the shelf.
Squidward, arrival OWS, is on a wheelchair after, Squidward is always in a wheelchair. The door of the warehouse, however, has been cordoned off by Spongebob. No one knows how Squidward can be entered.
- Patrick and Squidward have casts of the various parts of the body: head and arm.
- When you see the movie in which Squidward falls off the shelf, his arms are to the side. However, in the shape of its arms are curved.
- Mr. Krabs was mad at Squidward for sleeping on the job, but in a few previous episodes, Mr. Krabs was used to it.