Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Pearl Krabs
- Krusty Krab Customers
- Commercial crew
Mr. Krabs walks to work one morning to see the completion of the first ever Krusty Krab TV commercial, which is being directed by Squidward. However, upon seeing the expensive production values (which include putting a second Krusty Krab next to the original, among other things), he fires the cast and crew (except for the clown) and he decides to direct it himself, using himself, Squidward, Pearl and SpongeBob as the cast. SpongeBob is extremely excited to see himself on TV, and watches the commercial when it airs (in the extremely cheap time slot of 3:28 A.M.). Despite the horrendous production values and quality of the commercial, and SpongeBob's extremely small role in it, he proclaims it to be "the best 60 seconds of his life."
The next morning, while SpongeBob is walking to work, Old Man Jenkins sees him and tells him that he saw him on TV last night (on a commercial for "Bran Flakes", which come in a yellow box). This makes SpongeBob think that he is now famous, and at work he treats people as if they were his fans, and fails to perform his job properly. Eventually, he quits his job to become an entertainer, and is confronted by the angry and hungry customers, who he thinks want him to entertain them. He begins to juggle food items, and accidentally slips and falls to the ground. Just as he thinks that his career is over, a patty drops on the grill, which pleases the customers. SpongeBob notices this, and continues to make Krabby Patties like normal, believing he is entertaining his customers.
- Sixth episode where Squidward's rear end is notable at one point.
- 27th time Patrick doesn't appear.
- The Bran Flakes in this episode is a parody of Kellogg's cereal, Corn Flakes.
- The German title of this episode is "Der Fernsehstar" (The TV Star).
- After the Bran Flakes commercial is seen, SpongeBob says "You did?" and when he said it, his wavy edges disappeared, but they came back in the next shot, possibly to emphasize his similarity to the Bran Flakes box.
- A book named SpongeBob SuperStar was written after this episode.
- This episode is also known as KKTV.
- There is a deleted scene that was cut in the final version. Although it was cut so early in the making there is no scene, it is supposed to be SpongeBob cooking a Krabby Patty and then a fish taking a picture, only to know that he was doing it for fun, as SpongeBob thought he was turning famous.
- In the bathroom, when Dale talks to Lou about Glenn the Pinkfish on Flounderman last night, he calls him "Vendor" ("I'm telling you, Vendor...").
- This is the second time Squidward ate a Krabby Patty. The first was Just One Bite.
- In the scene where Squidward says "Mr.Krabs, everybody needs a stunt double" you can see a guy dressed as a cowboy.
- It's the first time The Krusty Krab aired a commercial but, In Truth or Square, Mr. Krabs did one a long time ago.
- When SpongeBob said "Why sir, I'm flattered" and the next shot was to Nat Peterson. Nat's hand on the door was missing.
- The crowd, in unison, ask for "Onions! Cheese!" but no cheese is shown being placed on the patties.
- The number of patties on the grill near the end of the episode changes between different shots.
- Near the beginning of this episode, Mr. Krabs says to Squidward "What in Neptune's name is going on here?", the captions say "the toons' name" instead of "Neptune's name."
- The picture seen in the background in the scene where Old Man Jenkons is watching the commercial is the same one seen in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy where Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy play checkers.
- It's a surprise Plankton didn't come to the Krusty Krab to steal the secret formula after Mr. Krabs revealed the ingredients. on the commercial
APM Music Identification
- Bad Tempi 1 - Title card; commercial music
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Opening shot of the island.
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka - Mr. Krabs walks Mr. Doodles.
- Too Tired - "I told you to rent only what was absolutely necessary!"
- Ta-Ra C - The clownfish (Get it? Clownfish?) smiles.
- So Tired - "Tonight?"
- On the Beach - Transition shot of the island as night turns into day and as SpongeBob walks to work; "Weren't you that guy on TV? Why yes, I am that guy. How kind of you to notice."
- Screw on the Loose - Bran Flakes commercial
- Stand-Up Comic B - SpongeBob's vampire joke.