Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- Mr. Doodles (name revealed)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- French narrator
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Cowboys on horses
- Pearl Krabs
- Krusty Krab Customers
- Krusty Krab commercial crew
- Worker fish (debut)
- Clay (cameo)
- Short construction worker (debut)
- Tool belt worker (debut)
- Dancers (debut)
- Handyfish (debut)
- Harold (2 cameos)
- Fish in the tomato slice costume (debut)
- Joe (2 cameos)
- Billy (cameo)
- Bandit fish (debut)
- Mr. Krabs double (debut)
- Clown (debut)
- Fish in the Krabby Patty costume (debut)
- Harry (cameo)
- Mevis (cameo)
- Glandy McPinkfish (mentioned)
- Flounderman (mentioned)
- Vampire (mentioned)
- Nun (mentioned)
- Astronaut (mentioned)
Mr. Krabs walks to work one morning to see the completion of the first ever Krusty Krab TV commercial, which is being directed by Squidward. However, upon seeing the expensive production values (which include putting a second Krusty Krab next to the original, among other things), he fires the cast and crew (except for the clown) and he decides to direct it himself, using himself, Squidward, Pearl and SpongeBob as the cast. SpongeBob is extremely excited to see himself on TV, and watches the commercial when it airs (in the extremely cheap time slot of 3:28 A.M.). Despite the horrendous production values and quality of the commercial, and SpongeBob's extremely small role in it, he proclaims it to be "the best 60 seconds of his life."
The next morning, while SpongeBob is walking to work, Old Man Jenkins sees him and tells him that he saw him on TV last night (on a commercial for "Bran Flakes", which come in a yellow box). This makes SpongeBob think that he is now famous, and at work he treats people as if they were his fans, and fails to perform his job properly. Eventually, he quits his job to become an entertainer, and is confronted by the angry and hungry customers, who he thinks want him to entertain them. He begins to juggle food items, and accidentally slips and falls to the ground. Just as he thinks that his career is over, a patty drops on the grill, which pleases the customers. SpongeBob notices this, and continues to make Krabby Patties like normal, believing he is entertaining his customers.
- The title card is relatively similar to that of "Something Smells."
- The "3:28 AM" time card background is the same as the "Bubble Buddy" and "Gary Takes a Bath," except the letters are written in light blue and bubbles.
APM Music Identification
- Bad Tempi 1 - Title card; commercial music
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Opening shot of the island.
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka - Mr. Krabs walks Mr. Doodles.
- Too Tired - "I told you to rent only what was absolutely necessary!"
- Ta-Ra C - The clownfish (Get it? Clownfish?) smiles.
- So Tired - "Tonight?"
- On the Beach - Transition shot of the island as night turns into day and as SpongeBob walks to work; "Weren't you that guy on TV? Why yes, I am that guy. How kind of you to notice."
- Screw on the Loose - Bran Flakes commercial
- Stand-Up Comic B - SpongeBob's vampire joke.