Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Big Sister Sam|
|Season 7, Episode 152a|
|Air date||January 15, 2011|
|Written by|| Casey Alexander|
Love That Squid
The episode opens with SpongeBob and Gary sleeping they then are woken up by Patrick who is cleaning his rock with a mop. SpongeBob asks him why he is doing it and he responds by saying his sister Sam Star, is coming. Patrick also reveals that they were separated in the surf when they were only kids.
Squidward angrily demands for peace and quiet, but Sam then arrives in a bus, and punches the door down. She is revealed to be a huge starfish. Sam hugs and almost suffocates Patrick. Patrick introduces SpongeBob to Sam and Sam, mistaking SpongeBob to be a danger, protects Patrick by throwing SpongeBob. Patrick suggests that they go inside to "play", but Sam explains how the house is too small. Sam then takes a briefcase filled with sand and constructs a new house, made of sand. Patrick thanks her. But Squidward complains that his house is filled with sand. Again, Sam feels overprotective and moves Squidward's house with only her bare hands. Squidward makes jokes about Sam saying, how she is bigger, and dumber than Patrick himself. Sam responds by getting angry and then starting to cry because she already knows it's all true. Her giant tears throw both Squidward and SpongeBob.
After that, Patrick becomes overprotective of Sam by saying that SpongeBob and Squidward are "meanies" and saying that they should blecorate (decorate) the rock. But she uses parts of Squidward's house to decorate it with. Then Squidward gets angry and calls her a thief. Then SpongeBob tries to talk some sense into Patrick, but Patrick does not care that Sam deliberately dismantled Squidward's house. Then he starts crying, thinking SpongeBob has become a traitor, and gets headbutted by Sam. Squidward gets angry and attempts throws a rock at the house. In response, Sam and Patrick come out of the house and Sam chews up the loose parts and spits them at Squidward's house, completely destroying it. Squidward then drives a bulldozer at Patrick, Sam, and the house, making Patrick and Sam realize that Squidward is literally going to kill them. SpongeBob tries to stop him but to no avail. Squidward is stopped by Sam, who throws the bulldozer at SpongeBob's house. After that, SpongeBob finally becomes upset at the destruction of his house, making Patrick finally see what SpongeBob means. Patrick tries to tell her to control he temper, but she gets very angry and destroys her own home while Patrick sacrifices himself to save the house. Patrick lays there unconcisous but SpongeBob successfully wakes him up by using cookie dough. Sam feels very guilty and explains that she must leave (She is late for a manicure and shows them her nails). As Sam leaves on the bus, SpongeBob and Patrick laugh about their experience with Patrick's sister.
In "Something Smells", Patrick says "I haven't got a sister". It is possible he wanted to keep it a secret or he forgot. As mentioned by Patrick in this episode, his sister was lost a long time ago, so nobody knew about her.
- In the Korean translation of Something Smells, Patrick said he had no younger sibling, so he may have meant a younger sister.
- In the episode Rule of Dumb Sam should have been the so-called "Queen" of Bikini Bottom since she is older than Patrick, though she didn't appear anywhere on the royal chart. This might possibly prove that Sam is an adopted sibling.
- Like in Opposite Day and New Fish in Town, Squidward is seen driving a bulldozer.
- In all episodes that SpongeBob and Patrick fight, Patrick is the one who started three of four fights with SpongeBob. In "Life of Crime" he thinks SpongeBob stole his candy bar, not noticing he ate it. In "The Fry Cook Games" he wanted to participate at the Fry Cook Games not knowing SpongeBob only can participate, Because Patrick wants to participate at the games he applies to be a frycook at the Chum Bucket 5 minutes before the games. In "New Student Starfish" he drew a picture of Mrs. Puff as "Big Fat Meanie" which Mrs. Puff believes that SpongeBob drew it and talking during class, resulting 1 of SpongeBob's "Good Noodle Stars" removed and became 73 and shot spitballs at SpongeBob. Later during recess, SpongeBob slams his locker saying that there is "nothing funny about what he did in the classroom" resulting them to fight and Mrs. Puff sending the two to detention. And in "The Battle of Bikini Bottom" they fight because of hygiene. In "Stuck in the Wringer", Patrick glues SpongeBob to his wringer which later makes the two fight, and the spectators get mad at SpongeBob when he sends Patrick home crying. In this episode (Big Sister Sam), it is Patrick's fault the 7th time due to his overprotectiveness of Sam from the two.
- This is the third time Patrick is shown cleaning his residence. The first would be I'm with Stupid. The second time would be in No Nose Knows. This time, he feels more eager and more prepared to meet a family member.
- Squidward disappears after his house is destroyed by the bulldozer.
- When Sam "Spiffs" up the house, she adds the front door from Squidward's house. The doorknob is on the right, then in a few scenes later, it's on the left.
- This somehow violates the fact that in The Battle of Bikini Bottom he disliked clean nature unless he feels that he has to be ready for a reunion.
- This episode premiered with "New Fish in Town", but it now airs with "Perfect Chemistry"
- Running Gag: Sam crushes Patrick and pronouncing "brother" as "brubber".
- If you listen close you can hear that Sam sounds like Patrick (considering, both are voiced by the same voice actor) and that she speaks very similar to Cookie Monster from Sesame Street.
- While Sam is spinning the tractor, you see the back of her head does not have a face. But later, it does. She must have grown it in a similar manner that Patrick made a face on his back in Survival of the Idiots.
- When Patrick cleans his house, he is the same size, but then he is shorter than his house
- When SpongeBob is flung away by Sam, he catches a pole like a horseshoe. We can see Nat, dressed up like a cowboy, and Fred, also dressed up like a cowboy. Both have different voices than they usually do in other episodes. They also have different names: Nat calls Fred "Clem" and Fred calls Nat "Tucker".
- Although there are many episodes where Patrick is constantly annoying towards Squidward, this is the first episode where Partrick had a tough rivalry toward him due to caring for his sister
- If you look closely when Squidward's mouth gets filled with sand, sand comes out his eyelids.
- Sam may be a reference to the Incredible Hulk because of her exceeding strength and speech problems. When Sam picks up and throws Squidward's bulldozer, it is just like in the Hulk movie when Hulk throws a war tank a great distance.
- Sam's two faces are a reference to Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone. it is also a reference to how recent lego minifigures having double sided heads often showing different expressions
- The tractor from "Opposite Day" is seen once again.
- At some point during this episode, SpongeBob is a darker shade of yellow.
- Goof: The first time that Big Sister Sam pushes Squidward's house away, SpongeBob's house is nowhere to be seen.