Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 8, Episode 166a|
|Air date||November 25, 2011|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom
The Way of the Sponge
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Pearl Krabs
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles (does not appear in full episode)
- Frank Fishbowl
SpongeBob and Patrick blow bubbles, and they soon get bored. SpongeBob suggests they "spice up" their bubble blowing. Patrick is struck with an idea, and takes out a bottle of hot sauce. He dunks his wand into the bottle and blows a spicy bubble into SpongeBob's eyes. SpongeBob screams as his eyes glow red and disintegrate, then grow back. Then he blows a spicy bubble into Patrick's eyes, doing the same thing to him. They burn each other's eyes repeatedly. Meanwhile, Squidward is clipping his likeness into a bonsai. Just as he's about to clip off a straggler leaf, they scream, and he lops off the entire head. The beheaded bonsai requests that Squidward avenge it. Squidward yells at them out the window, but they blow spicy bubbles at him, burning him to ashes.
SpongeBob and Patrick go to Sandy's treedome, where she is outside fixing an airtank. They tell her about their new discovery, with Patrick convinced he's a genius for his new idea, even thinking he's smarter than Sandy. She tells them she's busy fixing a clog in the airtank. Patrick suggests she breathes water like a "smart person", and she explains land creatures need air. Patrick simply dismisses her as stupid. SpongeBob tries to help clear the blockage by blowing spicy bubbles onto the airtank, but it melts. Water rushes into the treedome, filling it completely. Sandy only has a little bit of air left in her suit, so she goes to her submarine which has enough air to go to the surface and replenish the air supply for her treedome. However, SpongeBob opens the door and water rushes in. Sandy tasks SpongeBob with driving the submarine to the surface, as the low amount of air is making her woozy. As they make their way to the surface, the lack of air in Sandy's suit causes her to lick Patrick. When they reach the top, a delirious Sandy suddenly gets a craving for a Krabby Patty and drives the submarine through the roof of The Krusty Krab. Her suit's air supply is finally depleted and she removes her helmet. She takes a patron's Krabby Patty and eats it.
SpongeBob and Patrick try to help Sandy get air, and they notice air bubbles from the submarine on the ceiling. SpongeBob uses a line of straws to reach them. Patrick sucks them in, then blows into Sandy's mouth. SpongeBob suggests Mr. Krabs might have air in him, telling him Squidward says he's "full of hot air" (which Squidward nervously denies). Mr. Krabs says he indeed has an air bubble or two and pulls in his eyestalks so Sandy can breathe them in. Pearl comes in and SpongeBob suggests she could help give air to Sandy. Pearl agrees, saying "I guess we mammals gotta stick together.". Sandy puts her mouth over Pearl's blowhole, and Pearl exhales, inflating her like a balloon. SpongeBob figures he can go to the surface and fill a bubble with air. Using an oxygen tank, he rockets to the surface, creates a giant air-filled bubble, and puts it into the treedome.
Sandy wakes up in the treedome with SpongeBob and Patrick. SpongeBob explains that he saved her with bubbles and she remembers that it was bubbles which caused all the trouble in the first place. Sandy tells them not to blow bubbles around her treedome anymore, but it turns out SpongeBob already blew one giant bubble around the treedome, which lifts it away.
- This is the third time Sandy's helmet is ruined. The first was in Pressure and second was briefly in Single Cell Anniversary. This is, however, the second time Sandy removes her helmet while at the Krusty Krab, the first instance being Pressure.
- This title card is similar to the needle stack in Prehibernation Week.
- This is the sixth time something gets into a character's eyes and burns them. The first was Dennis with bubble solution in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. The second was Mr. Krabs with salt in Krab Borg and the third was SpongeBob with bubble solution in Krabby Land. 4th by SpongeBob with mustard bits in Home Sweet Rubble.
- This is another instance in which Sandy is treated like an idiot. The first was in Squirrel Jokes, the second was in Patrick SmartPants, and the third was in The Krabby Kronicle.
- Despite Squidward calling his trimmed plant a bonsai, it is in fact a topiary. A bonsai is a miniaturized tree, while a topiary is a shrub, bush, or tree trimmed in a certain shape (in this case, Squidward's head).
- This is the first time Sandy inflated like a balloon.
- This is the only time Sandy needed more than just an air helmet to breathe.
- Irony: SpongeBob could have simply used the oxygen tank to help Sandy instead of going through the trouble of making air bubbles at the surface.
- Or in this case, he should had said Helium.
- It was an intentional joke since Patrick seems to find a hole in this strategy but then remarks that it's a great idea.
- Squidward is burnt to ashes at the beginning of the episode but when SpongeBob gets to the Krusty Krab Squidward is there, not burnt.
- Goof: Sandy eats Frank's patty and SpongeBob causes it to spit it out onto Mr. Krabs nose, but later Frank is eating a Krabby Patty. It is unknown how he got another one.
- For some reason, Mediacom and other TV services lists this episode as Bubble Trouble.
- The title card has needles on it although there are no needles in this episode,the main idea of this episode is Sandy losing oxygen, not bubbles.
Sandy: (licks her helmet in front with Patrick toutching it) You taste like glass, Patrick.