- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Lary the Snail
- Rex the Worm
- Jerry the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles (statue only)
SpongeBob introduces Gary to Patrick by playing tag, and they decide to have a sleep-over together. The next morning, Gary doesn't want to leave Patrick, who concludes that Gary wants to be with him and claims him as his own pet. SpongeBob is heartbroken, and out of jealousy attempts to find a new pet to show to Gary that he doesn't need him. At first, he gets Rex, a worm, who immediately abandons him and leaves on a bus. Next, he gets Larry, a wild snail who acts viciously hostile toward him.
Later, Patrick and Gary come to SpongeBob's house to do his laundry, and Gary crawls into the washing machine after Patrick's pants. SpongeBob inspects this and realizes that Gary only wanted the cookie in Patrick's pocket. As SpongeBob and Gary, now reunited, go outside for a walk, a heartbroken and defeated Patrick stares after them and shouts, "Gary? I thought what we had was special!" Patrick is heartbroken.
- The song used at the title card is called "Daytime Drama"
- This is the first time SpongeBob says "Gary the snail" to Gary in the series.
- When the camera zooms in on Spongebob thinking Patrick is saying" Blah,Blah,Blah" in the background. When the camera zooms out Patrick is speaking normal again, but when Spongebob leaves Patricks rock Patrick say's "Blah,Blah,Blah" Again
- This is the first episode to show Patrick as the main antagonist.
- SpongeBob, in a throwaway joke, reveals that he has another pet snail, "Jerry", a photo-realistic land snail.
- This is the tenth episode to have flowers in the title card background.
- This is the second time Gary the Snail stays with Patrick, the first being Home Sweet Pineapple.
- The title card resembles "Squid's Day Off" and "Sailor Mouth", but with yellow writing rather than pink.
- SpongeBob reminds Gary that he took care of him when his eyeballs were sore. Closed captions alternate between "sore" and "tore" in different airings.
- According to a SpongeBob Encyclopedia book in the pets section, it says Lary is the "pet from hell".
- This is the 12th time Squidward doesn't appear. (He is seen as a wood carving only.)
- A smaller version of SpongeBob's wringer can be seen when Patrick is placing his basket of clothes on the table.
- When the time lapses from night to day right after the "sleepover", a human finger is visible in the water right below the island, this is because the island is in Tom Kenny's pool.
- In the beginning, SpongeBob is playing tag with Gary. When he runs up his house, an extra window is seen next to the upstairs window.
- Rex, SpongeBob's pet worm leaves on a bus. In early airings, this bus had obvious jellyfishers on it. By default, that makes this currently the final epsode to feature a bus full of jellyfishers.
- Lary made an appearance in Lights!Camera!Pants! as Sneaky Hermit's pet.
- 15th time Mr.Krabs doesn't appear.
- The face SpongeBob makes when he says "Who's a good boy?!" to Rex can be seen on various SpongeBob licensed products, including the newer packages of SpongeBob-shaped Kraft macaroni & cheese. It's accompanied by the slogan, "grin and square it!".
- This is the first time SpongeBob feels jealous.
- This is also the first time Gary gets a sleepover with Patrick.
- This is the second time Rex appears. The 1st is in As Seen on TV but Mr. Krabs called Rex's original name Mr. Doodles.
- This is the first time SpongeBob's head gets stuck in his window.
- SpongeBob feels happy when Gary stays with Patrick but the next day, SpongeBob started to feel heartbroken.
- Lary acts a hostile to SpongeBob after SpongeBob made the joke, "What do you call a snail on a ship? A Snailor!"
- Gary took Patrick's cookie right out of his pocket.
- This is the first time Gary eats a cookie.
- This 1st time Patrick Star became the Antagonist on the show the 2nd is Battle of Bikini Bottom(Loselly)
- This is probabilty one of two episodes that may make viewers despise Patrick to a high extent. The other is Yours Mine and Mine.
- Patrick had no right to take Gary considering SpongeBob is Gary's legal owner. So basicaly the whole time Patrick was commiting a crime by "stealing" Gary.
- When SpongeBob carries Gary away from Patrick, it zooms in on Gary, and his sleeve turns golden yellow.
- When SpongeBob gets Lary, he states that Gary's name "will not be mentioned in this household". Quickly after telling him this, SpongeBob mentions Gary's name.
- By the end, it's revealed that Gary just wanted a cookie in Patrick's pants pocket all along. However, throughout the episode, Gary makes no effort to reach his pocket until the very end.
- It is unknown whatever happened to Larry the snail.
- When SpongeBob's alarm goes off, he doesn't press the button to make it stop, the alarm stops by itself.