Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Employee of the Month|
|Season 1, Episode 12b|
|Air date||October 2, 1999|
|Written by||Paul Tibbitt|
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Krabs
- Gary (cameo)
- "Army Sergeant" SpongeBob pictures
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
- Frank (cameo)
- Jimmy-Gus (cameo)
- Billy (lime fish) (cameo)
- Mevis (cameo)
- Lenny (cameo)
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob reminds Squidward that today is the beginning of judging for the Employee of the Month Award. However, Squidward tells SpongeBob that the award is a scam, and Mr. Krabs is only giving it to him so he'll work harder for less money, but SpongeBob doesn't believe him. Mr. Krabs warns SpongeBob that Squidward might get the new Employee of the Month Award, and since SpongeBob has 26 consecutive awards (and wants a 27th), he starts worrying. Squidward says that he could get the award if he wanted to, and SpongeBob asks him to prove it.
After they both decide that they will arrive at the Krusty Krab earlier than the other; that night, SpongeBob tries to destroy Squidward's alarm clock so he won't wake up, but Squidward has 28 more in his closet. The two argued again about the award, saying they don't even have to sleep. They both set several traps for each other as they both desperately try to reach the Krusty Krab first, and, after a temporary truce, both get there at the same time, just as Mr. Krabs opens the doors. They begin overworking in an attempt to impress him, doing more harm than good, scaring Mr. Krabs out of his wits in the process. They then begin trying to make as many Krabby Patties as possible, eventually causing the Krusty Krab to explode. Krabby Patties rain down from the sky, to the delight of the citizens of Bikini Bottom, and while Mr. Krabs tries to make the people pay for them, SpongeBob and Squidward ask him who is the Employee of the Month, giving Mr. Krabs a headache.
- Brahm's Lullaby - Squidward plays the clarinet to lull SpongeBob to sleep.
- Agent Woodrow - SpongeBob spies on Squidward and sneaks into his house at night.
- Mavericks - SpongeBob & Squidward chase each other to the Krusty Krab.
- El Dementia - Sponge & Squidward charge into the Krusty Krab.
- Oyster Girls- Title card
- Me for You- SpongeBob annoys Squidward.
- When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's- Mr. Krabs warns SpongeBob about the Employee of the Month.
- Casualties of Love B- "NOO!! *cries* How could I have let the quality of my work slip so much!?"
- Death Trap- #1: SpongeBob tries to flip a patty.
- Cierre Bob Esponja- Squidward talks to SpongeBob about the Employee of the Month award while being continuously splatted by meat.
- Dashing White Sergeants- SpongeBob's pictures (dressed as sergeants) encourages SpongeBob to defeat Squidward.
- Sneak Up- SpongeBob spies on Squidward and sneaks into his house at night.
- Death Trap- #2: SpongeBob hides inside Squidward's pillow.
- Footsteps of Horror- SpongeBob & Squidward glare at each other from their windows.
- Dramatic Cue (h)- Squidward sneaks out of his house and falls into a hole.
- Dramatic Cue (d)- Squidward manages to climb out of the hole.
- Volga Boat Men- Squidward pulls a pirate ship and SpongeBob pulls an anchor.
- Hawaiian Breeze- SpongeBob and Squidward declare truce.
- Timpani-Military (d)- SpongeBob & Squidward of tricking one another.
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka- Mr. Krabs opens up the Krusty Krab.
- Twelfth Street Rag- "Look, Mr. Krabs, clean floors!" This music speeds up as they destroy the Krusty Krab.
- Hawaiian Cocktail - The Krusty Krab explodes and rains Krabby Patties.
- There is a PC game which has the same name as this episode, which was released in 2002.
- SpongeBob imagines a drill sergeant version of himself in one of his Employee of the Month pictures, who demands him to work as hard as possible so that Squidward does not win. He appears in the March picture, a reference to an army march.
- The drill sergeant design of SpongeBob is the same design as the design on the cover of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom.
- 10th time Patrick doesn't appear. 1st was Reef Blower, 2nd was Ripped Pants, 3rd was Pizza Delivery, 4th was Pickles, 5th was Jellyfish Jam, 6th was Squeaky Boots, 7th was F.U.N., 8th was MuscleBob BuffPants, & 9th was The Chaperone.
- This episode marks the first and one of the few times SpongeBob had any anger or tension towards Squidward. 2nd will be Can You Spare a Dime?
- 12th episode with its title in it.
- SpongeBob's employee of the month portraits will again talk to SpongeBob in "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie".
- Because SpongeBob has so many Employee of the Month photos in his room in the SpongeBob Movie, it's likely that Squidward never won in this episode.
- Running Gag: Squidward yelling "baloney" then getting drenched with Krabby Patty puree.
- This is the 1st time that Krusty Krabs is damaged or destroyed. It's repeated in "Suds", "Texas", "Dying for Pie", "Squid on Strike", "Just One Bite", "Skill Crane", "Selling Out", "Spy Buddies", "The Krusty Plate", "Pat No Pay", "20,000 Patties Under the Sea", "The Battle of Bikini Bottom", "Gone", "Slide Whistle Stooges", "Dear Vikings", "Drive Thru", "Bubble Troubles", "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" but Squidward dreams SpongeBob sets the Krusty Krab alight in "Squid's day off".
- This is one of the six episodes in which the 1986 Paramount logo is plastered with the 2002 Paramount logo. The others are "Help Wanted", "Squeaky Boots", "F.U.N.", "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost" and "Rock Bottom".
- This is the 1st Time that the Krusty Krab events of the explosion are similar when the World of Goo Corporation from World of Goo explodes in the same conditions, this is used again in Selling Out.
- In "Breath of Fresh Squidward", SpongeBob was Employee of the Month a gazillion and 6 times (1,000,000,000,000,000,006). In the movie he was Employee of the Month 374 times giving him a total so far of 1,000,000,000,000,000,380 times. In this episode he says he was employee of the month 26 times, giving him a total of 1,000,000,000,000,000,406 times.
- Also, if SpongeBob had 1,000,000,000,000,000,006 awards in "Breath of Fresh Squidward" and 374 in the movie, that proves that the series still keeps running after the movie. Also, if SpongeBob is the fry cook in "Breath of Fresh Squidward", that means that he is somehow handling the manager job and his normal fry cook job at the same time.
- There is a reference to the Employee of the Month award in The Fairy Odd Parents where Dad wants to win the "Employee of the Month" award at Pencil Nexus in the FOP episode "Micecapades."
- It is unknown who win the EOTM (Employee of the Month).
- Chum Bucket is, once again, not have an appetence when SpongeBob and Squidward run to the Krusty Krab.
- This is considered to be one of the more socially irresponsible episodes.
- If you can look closer at the wall there is a December, December and the new January.
- SpongeBob says that he has won the Employee of the Month award 26 times in a row, which means that if he had gotten his first within his first month of working, he has been working at the Krusty Krab for at least 2 years and 2 months. Also, this episode aired five months after Help Wanted, though it is possible this happened 26 months after.
- When Squidward and SpongeBob barge into the Krusty Krab, the handlebars on the door are clear instead of gold.
- SpongeBob's calendar said it was "March" but on the picture frame it said it was January. Also, the calendar had 28 as the last day of the month, meaning it must have been February.
- There is a fan going in the kitchen, even though according to the "Employee of The Month" picture frame for that month, it is January.
- Even though SpongeBob says that he won Employee of the Month for 26 months, there are actually 43 frames.
- When SpongeBob shows the calendar showing "Annoy Squidward Day" on the 15th, the date of the 21st is right below it. In a real calendar, the 22nd would be below the 15th.
- When SpongeBob goes to Squidward's closet it is filled with alarm clocks. In the next scene, he is breaking them, the others disappear, and is seen breaking one clock.
- When SpongeBob sneaks into Squidward's house, all of Squidward's furniture is in the room. But while SpongeBob is running back and forth from the closet with the clocks in it, the room is empty.
- When SpongeBob is crying "How could the quality of my work slip so much?", the frame on the picture ofSquidward says "January". But the frame before it said "February", then changes back to December.
- When SpongeBob saws his front door in attempt to escape, the door hits Squidward. In the next scene, he immediately re-appears as normal.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward run away from each other, Squidward gets trapped in a giant bottle. In the next scene, he runs again.
- When Squidward walks into the bottle it seems he walk at the back but it is covered.
- If you look closely in one scene where SpongeBob is in Squidward's pillowcase SpongeBob's eyes turn green and then they are back to normal
- When SpongeBob runs through the fence during the chase scene to the Krusty Krab, he becomes elongated, with his eyes appearing on the top of his head.