|Season 9, Episode 184b|
|Air date||March 9, 2013|
|Written by|| Casey Alexander|
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Spat (Cameo)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Karen Plankton
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Krusty Krab Customers
- Majestic Sizzlemaster (debut)
Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are cleaning out their customers' money. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs create a formula designed to clean the dirty money they receieve. Unfortunately, SpongeBob uses too much of an explosive ingredient and the explosion causes their faces to be blown off. SpongeBob notices a fax coming but Mr. Krabs says they will get it later. It is none other than Plankton who faxed himself into the Krusty Krab saying the first phase of his plan is complete. Plankton then starts "Phase 2" by sawing a bit of SpongeBob's spatula then places it beside the grill. SpongeBob then comes along and tries to flip a Krabby Patty but his spatula breaks in half. He tries everything to fix it but Mr. Krabs just tells SpongeBob to get a new spatula and he leaves.
The scene changes to Harvey's Spatula Emporium where Plankton awaits SpongeBob's arrival. He then begins "Phase 3" by flying out of the store with his jetpack and flies into SpongeBob. SpongeBob wants to know what is Plankton doing at the Emporium and Plankton responds to holding an object saying SpongeBob doesn't know what it is. SpongeBob successfully identifies the part as a handle for a vintage spatula and Plankton is amazed. Plankton then offers SpongeBob his special own spatula with "magical powers" which SpongeBob quickly agrees. They arrive at the Chum Bucket where Plankton shows off a room full of spatulas and introduces SpongeBob to theMajestic Sizzlemaster. SpongeBob is excited and takes his new spatula out of the Chum Bucket. Plankton starts "Phase 4" with Karen questioning on how many Phases he has. Plankton then heads into the control room with Karen saying that it's enough to gain SpongeBob's trust and steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. Plankton then turns on the spatula and the scene changes to SpongeBob showing off the Majestic Sizzlemaster to Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs just tells SpongeBob to get back to work and SpongeBob heads into the back with the Sizzlemaster. SpongeBob is about to handle all of the orders coming in and the Sizzlemaster soon starts talking not knowing it's Plankton talking through the other end. SpongeBob is confused trying not to believe the Sizzlemaster is talking butSquidward shouts out to him saying the customers are getting upset. SpongeBob starts to flip the Krabby Patties but the Sizzlemaster tells SpongeBob that there is a faster way in doing that and it extends it's head flipping four Patties at the same time. SpongeBob is amazed but still says that they are a long way from completing all of the orders and starts alternating between putting condiments on the buns and flipping the Krabby Patties. The Sizzlemaster (Plankton) tells SpongeBob that it will flip the Patties while he handles the condiments. SpongeBob agrees but says he will handle the grill saying he doesn't trust anybody with it.
Meanwhile, Squidward is dealing with an angry customer, while SpongeBob hands the Krabby Patties through the window. Squidward hands out the Krabby Patties to the customers while SpongeBob is talking with the Sizzlemaster about the empty grill. The Sizzlemaster then "flies" to the freezer and takes out more Krabby Patties and puts them all on the grill. During closing time, Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob he is leaving and thanks him for all work. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs to thank the Sizzlemaster, but Mr. Krabs gets angry at SpongeBob for talking to a "talking spatula," but tells him to only do it if it makes him money. Mr. Krabs leaves and SpongeBob thanks the Sizzlemaster for the help. The Sizzlemaster hopes to work the grill, but SpongeBob still disagrees to it and leaves the Sizzlemaster on a hook and leaves. Plankton talks to himself saying he still needs to gain SpongeBob's trust to work the grill and calls back out to SpongeBob through the Sizzlemaster. The Sizzlemaster hopes to go home with SpongeBob and help around the house, but SpongeBob says he's not grilling. The Sizzlemaster then says he is a multi-purpose tool and SpongeBob finally agrees. They arrive at SpongeBob's house and the Sizzlemaster (with Plankton talking of course) then decides to start "Phase 5." SpongeBob then tosses the Sizzlemaster into Gary's litterbox and walks off and Plankton barks at Karen for adding "smell sensors" to the Sizzlemaster.
It's morning and SpongeBob gets ready to go to work with the Sizzlemaster helping out in everyway. They arrive at the Krusty Krab and SpongeBob thanks the Sizzlemaster. The Sizzlemaster then pulls up a chair for SpongeBob and says he will do all the work for him. SpongeBob agrees and he sits in the chair. The Sizzlemaster finally convinces SpongeBob to let him use the grill. Plankton then finally ends "Phase 5" and starts up "Phase 6" which involves the Sizzlemaster burning up all of the Krabby Patties on the grill. SpongeBob is upset, but the Sizzlemaster suggests getting the Secret Formula to make more Krabby Patties. SpongeBob agrees and walks into Mr. Krabs' office and starts unlocking the safe. Mr. Krabs asks what is SpongeBob doing and SpongeBob says that the Sizzlemaster he got from Plankton needs to know the Secret Formula and Mr. Krabs is suspicious. Realizing that it's another one of Plankton's schemes, Mr. Krabs then starts telling the ingredients for a fake formula and Plankton starts adding them in. After pouring an entire bottle of Disulfide, Plankton didn't think it is approved for restaurant use until he hears Mr. Krabs saying that it's not. Plankton looks at the label too late then the entire Chum Bucket is blown up and Plankton and Karen land in front of Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob gloat and Plankton sarcastically laughs.
- House of Horror - Title Card
- Drama Link (d) - SpongeBob adds two drops of explosive.
- Dramatic Cue B - SpongeBob screams
- Dramatic Cue (e) - "No pulse!"
- Tragic Embrace - "We'll never forget you."
- Tower of Evil - "Time for phase three."
- Entry into Parliament - Plankton's spatula collection
- This is the third time SpongeBob gets a new spatula. The first was Help Wanted, and the second was All That Glitters. Although, it is unknown what happened to the spatula in Help Wanted. It is possible it is the same one since it can multiply into multiple spatulas such as that in Little Yellow Book.
- This episode debuted in the marathon "SpongeBob's Grillin' and Villan Saturday".
- This is the second time SpongeBob has a moving spatula. The first was All That Glitters.
- This is the first episode since Oral Report to have the soundtrack House of Horror.
- This is the third time the spatula breaks in half. The first was All That Glitters, and the second was The Curse of Bikini Bottom.
- This is the fourth time SpongeBob draws a dotted line with his fingers. The First was Scaredy Pants, the second was Krusty Love, and the third was The Thing.
- The title card music is the same as I Was a Teenage Gary, but with a different section.
- The font of the title card is the same as Planet of the Jellyfish.
- This episode aired with The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom when it premiered.
- One of the few regular-length episodes to have two animation directors.
- This episode has a similar plot like All That Glitters and these are how they are the same:
- SpongeBob having to break his spatula and having to get another one.
- The new spatula turns out to be evil (despite Plankton taking control over the spatula).
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are preparing the secret Krabby Patty formula from scratch. The first is The Great Patty Caper.
- Running Gag: The concentration of a substance known as Disulfide, causing numerous explosions.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob does not trust anyone behind the grill but him. This could be a superstition built from the episode, Breath of Fresh Squidward, when Squidward cooks Krabby Patties behind the grill, much to SpongeBob's chagrin.
- This episode contains many references to The Great Patty Caper:
- Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are making Krabby Patties from scratch.
- Plankton's rocket appears again.
- It is revealed that, apparently, SpongeBob is a spatula enthusiast.
- This is the second time that someone has faxed themselves to another destination. The first time was Are You Happy Now?. This is also the third time a fax machine is shown, the first being SpongeBob's Last Stand and the second time being Are You Happy Now?.
- This is the fourth time Gary's litter box is shown. The first was Gone, the second being Squirrel Record, and the third was InSPONGEiac.
- This is the second time Spongebob's spatula is able to multiply it's head three times. The first was in Little Yellow Book.
- The Magestic sizzle Master looks similar to the Le Spatula from All That Glitters and the Hydro-dynamic Spatula from Help Wanted.