Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 1, Episode 10b|
|Air date||September 18, 1999|
|Written by||Sherm Cohen|
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Karen Plankton
- Police fish
- Krusty Krab customers
- Bubble Bass
- Mable (debut)
- French Narrator
- Harold (cameo)
Things are going well at the Krusty Krab, until suddenly an alarm blares, signaling an attempt by Plankton to steal a Krabby Patty. Plankton, controlling the patty, escapes outside with it by making a hole in the wall with a laser. SpongeBob heroically chases after it. After a long chase, SpongeBob finally recovers the Krabby Patty, and is congratulated by the townsfolk, while Plankton walks away sadly. SpongeBob, feeling sorry for Plankton, decides to befriend him. SpongeBob invites Plankton to jellyfish with him, and, realizing he can take advantage of SpongeBob, Plankton goes. Once there, Plankton remains fixated on evil and destruction, and SpongeBob tries to explain fun by singing The F.U.N. song.
Eventually, Plankton starts singing the song as well, and seems to finally be having fun. He seems to forget about stealing the formula, and begins to develop a genuine sense of friendship. When Mr. Krabs sees this, he refuses to believe that Plankton has changed and sets up a trap for them when they come to the Krusty Krab together the next day. He attempts to tempt Plankton with a Krabby Patty, but he seems not to take the bait.
After SpongeBob and Plankton leave to go to the movies, Mr. Krabs begins to believe that Plankton really has gone straight, until he realizes that he actually did take the patty. At the cinema together, Mr. Krabs appears in front of the projector and shouts "reach into his pocket now and take what he's got!". SpongeBob reaches into Plankton's pocket and finds a Krabby Patty (the other people simply steal from their neighbor's pocket and leave the theater). SpongeBob realizes that Plankton used him to get a Krabby Patty, and Plankton attempts to explain that he realizes now that he only ever wanted friendship, before admitting to everything and running off with the patty. However, he runs directly through the movie screen into a solid concrete wall.
Plankton is squashed, and Mr. Krabs flicks him off the wall onto Bubble Bass' hand, who mistakes Plankton for a jellybean and chases him around his hand. SpongeBob then knows never to trust Plankton again and sounds the code red light. Then, Mr. Krabs gets rid of him.
- For He's A Jolly Good Rookie - Performed by various Bikini Bottomites.
- The F.U.N. Song - Is sung by SpongeBob and Plankton.
- When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's- "Ah, lunchtime at ze Krusty Krab. Everyone enjoying their Krabby Patties."
- Death Trap- "Huh? What's zis?"
- Heroes Win- SpongeBob chases Plankton
- Chase that Car- "Tartar sauce!"
- Vibe Link (a)- "Wow! A magic shop."
- In the Cradle (a)- SpongeBob talks about the magician story
- Dramatic Cue D - "Plankton, It's you!"; "Who knows? I think YOU KNOWS!"
- Kamakani (b)- SpongeBob tries to cheer Plankton up only to have Plankton's spirits broken by everyone else in Bikini Bottom.
- Vibe Link (b)- "I bet if he had just one friend, he wouldn't be such a meanie."
- Hawaiian Link (b)- Transition between SpongeBob in the doughnut and the exterior of the Chum Bucket.
- Queen's Aloha Oe (c)- SpongeBob invites Plankton to play with him.
- Dramatic Cue H- "Take the Krabby Patty?"
- Hilo, March- "Great! Last one to the fields is a rotten clam!"
- On the Beach- "And after that, we frolicked through the flowers..."
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka- "I haven't seen Plankton for a while. He must be schemin'."
- A Pirate's Life for Me (a)- Soundtrack of the movie that Plankton and SpongeBob watch
- Fates- "I can't believe this!"
- Whisper from the Past- Plankton confesses.
- Oyster Girls - "Don't ya know what's behind these screens? Solid concrete! Ar-har-har-har-har!"
- The F.U.N. Song (instrumental) - Title card
- When SpongeBob is looking for the patty with binoculars, the fishfolk are walking slowly in lines. But when he spots the patty, they begin walking faster.
- When Plankton is leaning against the door of the Chum Bucket, he appears to be as big as the door.
- When SpongeBob chases the patty off a building, he uses his blown-up hat to bounce about town. But when he catches the patty at the magic shop, his hat was back on his head and deflated.
- The movie that SpongeBob and Plankton are watching changes throughout the scene. At first it's a fishing movie, which is ironic, and then changes to a romance movie, which allows an ironic joke after the actor says: "Nothing can ever tear us apart" as Plankton destroys the screen.
- When Karen says: "What did you do with the Krabby Patty?", captions say: "Where's the Krabby Patty?". When she says to Plankton: "You're forgetting the mission", captions say: "Remember the mission?".
- Captions misspell "Bubble Bass" as "Bubble Bath". This also happened in Pickles.
- The captions also misspell "SpongeBob" as "Sponge Bath", as seen when Karen tells Plankton to befriend SpongeBob so he can steal the Krabby Patty.
- When SpongeBob is thrown in the air, the sky is green. But when he lands, the sky is blue.
- Plankton hits the wall on the very bottom, but is several feet high when Mr. Krabs reveals the wall.
- When Plankton is talking to Karen, and he asks "What are you talking about?", the captions say "What do you mean?".
- During the chase scene, one of the fish's hat is the same color as its body.
- Plankton is slightly taller than normal.
- Solid concrete cannot be behind a movie theater screen. In real life, speakers are behind them.
- When Plankton stole the Krabby Patty it doesn't show him stealing it.
- The adventure music heard when SpongeBob chases after the patty is a parody of music from Indiana Jones.
- "F.U.N". was the highest ranked season 1 episode in the Best Day Ever marathon.
- This is the first time someone mentions eating jellyfish.
- Karen has different speaking lines.
- This is the first episode to have a designable text in the title cards and have a black background.
- The Chum Bucket's special of the day was Chumbalaya, a parody of Jambalaya.
- This is the tenth episode where the title is said by the characters.
- "F.U.N." is the only episode name to be in acronym form.
- This is one of the six episodes in which the 1986 Paramount logo is plastered with the 2002 Paramount logo. The others are "Help Wanted", "Squeaky Boots", "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost", "Employee of the Month" and "Rock Bottom".
- This is the fourteenth time that SpongeBob cries.
- The Chum Bucket was across town in this episode, Although in most episodes, The Chum Bucket is across the street from the Krusty Krab.
- This is one of the few times Squidward shows admiration for SpongeBob and care for the Krusty Krab.
- Seventh time Patrick doesn't appear.
- The Magic Shop won't appear again until You Don't Know Sponge.
- Squidward hates SpongeBob, but in this episode, Squidward likes SpongeBob.
- In this episode Plankton did not steal Karen's suggestion and say that it was his own idea.
- This is the second time SpongeBob interacted with Plankton. The first was in Plankton!
- Plankton would later be confused as a jellybean in Frozen Face Off.
- The Krabby Patty appears bigger than usual.
- This is the first time where the star of a cop is on his body instead his shirt.
- When Squidward says, "How does it feel to be the most hated thing in Bikini Bottom, Plankton?", he ends it with, "It hurts, doesn’t it? I know!", possibly suggesting that Squidward knows he too is disliked by the people of Bikini Bottom.
- The F.U.N. song is sung during the Spongebob Krabby Patty Celebration at Nickelodeon Suites in Orlando.
- If you listen carefully, the boot squeak sound effect from Squeaky Boots can be heard when the policeman puts the "Honorary Rookie" donut on Spongebob.
- This marks the first time Plankton wears Spongebob's pants.
- Second time Bubble Bass appears. The first was in Pickles.
- This is the tenth episode with its name in it.
- This was one of the few episodes where Squidward hasn't yelled, tricked, or called Spongebob names.
- Usually for good deeds, one would be rewarded with a key to the city, but SpongeBob is put into a donut and thrown in the air.
- It is odd that SpongeBob was able to make a police baton able to fly with him into the air.
- This is the second time someone wore Spongebob's pants. The first was Patrick in Boating School.