Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 8, Episode 172a|
|Air date||July 21, 2012|
|Written by|| Casey Alexander|
Glove World R.I.P.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Harold (blue fish)
- Bikini Bottomites:
SpongeBob and Patrick are eating lunch at the Krusty Krab. While eating, they start making ugly faces at each other. Mr. Krabs hears them laughing, and thinks it's the sound of his money being flushed down the toilet. He rushes out of his office to see them making faces at each other and tells them to stop. He then tells them a story about a man (Fred Rechid) who wouldn't stop sticking his tongue out. One day, after sticking his tongue out for the four hundred and fourty-fourth time, his face got frozen with his tongue out. Then, after it got frozen, it falls off. SpongeBob and Patrick are terrified of this story and vow never to make faces again.
Later that day, SpongeBob and Patrick are seen trying hard not to make faces. However, they start smirking about their attempts at doing this and eventually start laughing so hard their faces start contorting. They then realize that nothing happened to their faces while doing this and that Mr. Krabs was lying. SpongeBob then suggests that they should really put Mr. Krabs' myth to the test and, while making a single continous face, they go to many places in Bikkini Bottom (while scaring everyone that sees them). Then at the Goo Lagoon, Sandy finds them, and says they need help.
Later that night, SpongeBob and Patrick are seen in a tent back outside SpongeBob's house laughing at each other's faces, along with making a lot of noise. Squidward's eardrums eventually burst and he starts yelling at them to keep it down. SpongeBob then suggests to Patrick that they try sleeping through the night while holding a face. Patrick agrees and they start doing this, while giving Squidward some peace and quiet.
The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick wake up and realize their faces are frozen and both of them can't move their faces. They start screaming and rush to Sandy's house for help. Sandy then starts giving them a face massage. However, this just makes their faces even more distorted and droop down to their chins. SpongeBob goes to work at the Krusty Krab anyway, despite his frozen face.
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob causes a lot of ruckus as he tries to make Krabby Patties and keep Mr.Krabs from looking at his face at the same time. However, Mr. Krabs eventually finds out about SpongeBob's face freeze problem because Patrick walkes into the Krusty Krab with a contorted frozen face. An angry Mr. Krabs then makes a face and it freezes, followed by Squidward coming in and laughing at them. He laughs so much that his face freezes and the episode ends with SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs laughing at Squidward and Squidward crying and saying "It's not funny!".
- This is considered to be one the worst SpongeBob episodes of all time as it was widely criticized for its disturbing content and the unfair ending of Mr. Krabs and Squidward instantly getting the face freeze for no reason, although some viewers consider it to be humorous.
- When SpongeBob gives the customer his food, his lips are not on the tray. In the next shot, they are.
- Irony: Mr. Krabs should have told SpongeBob to get back to work instead of telling the story if he thought his laughing is the sound of his money being flushed down the toilet.
- The Gary face SpongeBob first makes look similar to SpongeSnail from I Was a Teenage Gary also the creepy face freeze that Mr. Krabs makes him vaguely resemble Moar Krabs from Jellyfish Hunter.
- SpongeBob and Patrick don't get Face Freeze until 12 hours while Squidward and Mr. Krabs get it after a few seconds and Fred received his after 444 times.
- One of Patrick's faces looks like Super Buu, a character from Dragon Ball Z.
- It is unknown how SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward got their faces unfrozen in the next episode.
- When Mr. Krabs is telling the story about the fish who had his face frozen, he said, "He couldn't open his mouth for months." That would be impossible to survive, because if you couldn't open your mouth for months, he would not be able to eat or drink anything for months.
- Although this episode was included in the special, it has nothing to do with sports/athletics.
- One of Patrick's face looks similar to So Hardcore meme. Also, one of Spongebob's faces resembles the Forever Alone meme (pictured), and Squidward's face looked like the Trollface meme.
- When SpongeBob gives the customer his Krabby Patty, his hat is there, but in the next shot, it is gone. Then it reappears in the next shot.
- Many of the faces made were highly disturbing to some viewers, such as Patrick's last face but not the Goofy-resemblance one (see very bottom of Trivia).
- When Fred first made his face, his face look pretty similar to his "DEUUEAUGH" face back in the episode Something Smells.
- Error: Usually, SpongeBob and Patrick would dry up in Sandy's Treedome with no helmet. In this episode, they didn't.
- This is the second time SpongeBob and Patrick go camping outside. The first was The Camping Episode.
- The last face of Patrick makes looks little similar to Walt Disney's character Goofy, only that the eyes are on the top of his head.
APM Music Identification
- SpongeBob Theme- SpongeBob and Patrick show everyone their face.