Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 8, Episode 156|
|Air date||July 15, 2011|
|Written by||Casey Alexander|
Squidward's School for Grown-Ups
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Karen Plankton (Large role)
- Sheldon J. Plankton (Antagonist)
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- The Abominable Snow Mollusk (debut)
- Perch Perkins
- Bikini Bottomites
- Meanwhile, Back In The Lowlands...
- One Frozen Wasteland later...
Johnny Erain and Perch Perkins announces on the news that a sled race is occurring in Bikini Bottom with the prize being one million dollars and that all of Bikini Bottom has entered. Patrick says that he hopes he wins but only has gummy worms that lead his sled. Mr. Krabs, Plankton, Squidward, SpongeBob, and, Sandy also prepare for the race. However, Plankton sneaks off just before the race begins to the Krusty Krab and uses a robot as his replacement in the race. Patrick soon catches up to SpongeBob and he agrees to let Patrick come along, much to Gary's dismay. Meanwhile at the Krusty Krab, Plankton has trouble opening the safe of the Secret Formula. Back in the race, Sandy's sled crashes and Squidward's worm stops racing, Squidward gets angry and goes on foot, only to fall through the ice and freeze, he is soon discovered by SpongeBob and Patrick, who take him along with them. Shortly after, they find Sandy in a pile of snow, they bring her along too. Mr. Krabs' worms become hungry, and they get mad and chase Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob lets Mr. Krabs come along as well. The worms chase SpongeBob and the gang, and Gary has trouble pulling all of them. They are cornered at a dead end and Gary roars like a lion to scares the worms away. The gang decides to stop there and make a fire, Squidward thaws, just before encountering The Abominable Snow Mollusk who tries to attack the group, Squidward runs away and jumps into a cold body of water which freezes him again. The group (minus Squidward) continue the race and realize that they forgot Squidward soon after. They go after him and save him from the Snow Mollusk with the help of Patrick's last gummy worm. They continue on and Sandy realizes that Mr. Krabs has betrayed the group and gone off on his own so he could win the prize himself, but got stung by a jellyfish that went into his mouth in the process.
Patrick then points out that he "saw something shiny" and SpongeBob notices that it is Karen. They also discover robot Plankton who is buried in the snow, and Karen explains that the whole race was a plot for him to steal from the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob and the group turn around to go back to Bikini Bottom. Gary is unable to go any further. Back at the Krusty Krab, the real Plankton fails to break open the Secret Formula safe yet again. Frustrated, Plankton proceeds to rip an "atom" in half which causes a nuclear explosion, destroying the Krusty Krab and opening the safe. Meanwhile, SpongeBob pulls the sled until all of them freeze but Sandy. Sandy saves their lives by starting a fire with parts from the sled. Sandy figures out how to use the members of the group as a substitute sled. They return to Bikini Bottom to see that the Krusty Krab has been destroyed and Plankton has stolen the formula. However, he cannot get the bottle open, The group finds Plankton trying to open it. An angered Karen zaps Plankton. Plankton pretends to surrender and uses a pen to fly away. The group chases Plankton into a net trap that Plankton trapped them in. However, the Snow Mollusk returns and eats Patrick's Jelly Beans, then hugs the little pink sea star. Plankton escapes, but the Snow Mollusk mistakes him for a jelly bean and eats him, returning the formula to Mr. Krabs. The episode ends as Plankton waits to be digested.
- The original name for this episode was "The Great Sleigh Race," as seen on some of the original character storyboards on Facebook. To take a look, click here. It may have been possible that they changed the name because it was to similar to "The Great Snail Race."
- When this episode was first advertized, the original plot was that Bikini Bottom became the coldest place on Earth, and SpongeBob and the gang would race for survival. This may have been the original plot when it was first writen, but got changed because it felt like the series finale of SpongeBob since they had to find a new home.
- Some people mistake that this episodes title for being the name of Face Freeze!
- This episode was promoted as SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off.
- The Realistic Fish Head said that everyone in Bikini Bottom entered, however Fred Rechid didn't and there were people waiting at the chum bucket for a krabby patty. Maybe it's because they finished the race and realized there were no winnings. It could also be because that he could've been talking figuratively.
- SpongeBob mentions the Campfire Song and Squidward reacts annoyed again.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs is stung by a jellyfish. The first time was in Jellyfish Hunter.
- This is the second time Gary roars, first was in Your Shoe's Untied.
- This is the second time fish are frozen. The first was Krabs à la Mode.
- Title card is similar to Survival of the Idiots .
- Third time to show the live-action atom bomb test. First was Dying for Pie, second was The Krusty Plate.
- Second time Plankton was mistaken for a jellybean. First was F.U.N..
- One of the fish in line for the Chum Bucket yell at Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Karen, SpongeBob, Gary, Squidward and Patrick when they ambush Plankton: "We've been waiting for Krabby Patties for three stinging days!" - this is a reference to the Orcs in "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers."
- The title card (and the entire episode) was winter-themed, although this episode premiered in mid-summer in the Northern Hemisphere.
- This is the second appearance of claymation in the series, The first being the intro to Truth or Square and the third being throughout the entire episode of It's a SpongeBob Christmas!.