Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Glove World R.I.P.|
|Season 8, Episode 172b|
|Air date||April 3, 2012|
|Written by||Aaron Springer|
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Glove World Owner (debut)
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Debbie Rechid (3 cameos)
- Nat Peterson
- Charlie in Medley's Style (brief cameo)
- Mable (elderly lady)
- Ugly Fish (debut)
- Vera (cameo)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Harry (cameo)
At SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob is reading a book in his library. Suddenly, a rollercoaster crashes through the wall, arriving from Glove World. The furious riders state that they're glad Glove World is closing down, of which SpongeBob screams at and goes to tell Patrick, who decide to visit Glove World one last time.
Arriving at Glove World, they meet the ticketman, who tells them again that Glove World is closing down for good. SpongeBob & Patrick promptly scream again, and enter the amusement park. They decide to ride the amusement rides one more time to remember the park by. They first enter the tea cups, which promptly damage them. They also enter other rides such as the Glove Drop, and Pirate Ship which all injure the riders. Once going on the Ferris Wheel, the ride derails and rides like a wheel. SpongeBob & Patrick mostly ignore it.
After realizing the danger of Glove World's rides, SpongeBob and Patrick attempt to rebuild the rides. Their first attempt is the Hall Of Mirrors, which fails. Meanwhile, after the current mascot of Glove World quits, Patrick tries the job, but also fails. SpongeBob tries to work on the chairlift, but ends up having the ride go too fast. They also attempt to stop a roller coaster's riders from falling into the sand, but they end up doing it anyway.
During the time, Glove World closes down. SpongeBob and Patrick are saddened and decide to defend it by chaining themselves to the entrance. However, they then find out from the Glove World Owner that it's closing down to open Glove Universe. SpongeBob and Patrick attempt to go, but Patrick has thrown the key for the chains into Glove Lake.
- This is the fourth and final appearance of Glove World. The previous episodes were Rock Bottom, Roller Cowards, and Tunnel of Glove.
- Glove World has now been replaced by its much larger sucessor park, Glove Universe.
- This is the sixth time Patrick is visibly naked. First time was on "Pranks a Lot", second was on "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie", the third time was on "Rise and Shine", fourth was in "That's No Lady", and the fifth time is in "Spongicus".
- The closure of Glove World and the opening of Glove Universe may reference the closure of Nickelodeon Studios at Universal Studios, Florida in 2005 but the opening of Nickelodeon Family Suites in Orlando, Florida.
- One of the fish said "My leg can't feel me" a reference to the "My Leg" gag.
- Second time SpongeBob and Patrick ride the Fiery Fist O' Pain. First was in "Roller Cowards".
- The Tilt-A-Hurl, Glove Drop and the Glove Boat are all references to real rides: The Tilt-A Whirl, Drop Zone,The Sea Dragon,and the Tower of Terror.
- The former mascot of Glove World looks extremely similar to one of the members of the The Bubble Poppin' Boys due to his hairstyle.
- Glove Universe will probabilty appear in an later episode featuring it.
- The line "It's now or never" was used in a previous episode, Trenchbillies.
- Glove Universe has the same music as Krabby Land.
- Running Gag: SpongeBob and Patrick riding their favorite rides (although this may not be a running gag), SpongeBob and Patrick saying, "Has the world gone mad!?!"
- When SpongeBob And Patrick ride the Glove Boat it is similar to the from The Wreck of the Mauna Loa.
- In Prehibernation Week, SpongeBob was scared of jumping high but in this episode he did it well, he may have overcome this fear between the two episodes.
- Two Nat Petersons were shown. One that was talking with an anchovy and one that was holding balloons. The other one could possibly be his unknown twin, he appeared on The Hall of Mirror part
- At the beginning there was a window on SpongeBob's bookcase.
- In Hooky Patrick jumps down a hook even though he says in this episode he is allergic and in these two episodes he jumps without any reactions.
- Error: When Patrick was introducing the "new and improved" Hall of Mirrors, he was wearing a suit at the time and not wearing the glove pants. In the next scene, he was wearing the glove pants again.
- This is generally considered one of the worst episodes along with Face Freeze!.