|Season 7, Episode 130a|
|Air date||November 27, 2009|
|Written by||Aaron Springer
The Inside Job
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Krusty Krab Customers
- Health Inspector
While delivering an order to a customer, SpongeBob slips in a puddle of grease on the floor. Upon further inspection, Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and SpongeBob see that the restaurant's grease trap (which is kept under the floorboards in Mr. Krabs's office), is full and hasn't been cleaned in some time. Mr. Krabs notes that he needs two employees to clean it for no extra pay, and Squidward vanishes into thin air, leaving SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs to do the job. That night, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs siphon the grease from the trap into a tanker truck and take it to be "disposed of" by dumping it behind the Chum Bucket.
The next morning, Plankton slips on the grease while taking out the trash, confused as to how it got there. It smells horrible, but upon tasting it, he finds it delicious. He takes advantage of the situation by putting it in his Chummy Patties. Later that day, Mr. Krabs sees that Plankton has a whole line of customers outside his restaurant, which is very unusual but then spots a sign that says that the Chum Bucket is now selling "Chummy Patties with edible flavor"(which is basically chummy patties soaked in KK Grease). He goes to question Plankton about it, who says that he had a visit from the "flavor fairy".
Realizing that it was the grease that he dumped that gave Plankton's chum its flavor, Mr. Krabs instructs SpongeBob to cook two patties for every one ordered, using the grease from the second to fry the first. SpongeBob thinks that it is unhealthy but does as he is told. Mr. Krabs promotes this as a "Deluxe Krabby Patty", which steals Plankton's customers. Plankton figures out that it was Mr. Krabs that dumped the grease so he creates "New Chummy Patties packed with Quadruple Grilled Goodness", which steals Mr. Krabs' customers again. Everyone is becoming very unhealthy from eating the greasy patties, but they cant stop eating them. Mr. Krabs makes SpongeBob put even more grease in the patties, and after slipping in some grease which SpongeBob dropped some buns in an hour ago, so he creates Krabby Patties with "Yummy Bunz". In response, Plankton creates "Crispity Crunchities", which are just burnt grease crumbs. Mr. Krabs then creates "Wow! Soup", which is just pure grease on a paper plate. When SpongeBob walks out of the kitchen, he realizes that the Krusty Krab, the customers, and the ground outside are covered in grease and the customers are extremely sick. SpongeBob starts to have second thoughts about the greasy foods that Mr. Krabs and Plankton are serving. Mr. Krabs simply threatens to fire SpongeBob if he doesn't get back to work. When SpongeBob sees an obese Patrick walking into the restauraunt to get some Wow! soup, he decides enough is enough.
SpongeBob calls the health inspector, which Mr. Krabs and Plankton fear. SpongeBob tries to tell the health inspector that Mr. Krabs and Plankton that they are feeding people grease, but they stop him. When the health inspector finds out, he condemns both of their restaurants until the grease is cleaned up. SpongeBob helps by simply soaking up the grease and goes to dispose of it, but Patrick starts licking him, thinking he is "Crunchety munchety". SpongeBob runs away with Patrick on his tail.
- In the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob slips on a grease spill. As this is happening, the Nickelodeon banner covers up the bottom portion of the screen. The grease is covered up by the banner, so during the first airing of the episode, viewers were temporarily confused why SpongeBob slipped.
- Multiple times in this episode, SpongeBob was shown with grease on him. At certain times, the next scene shows him without grease.
- This is the 3rd time a health inspector is shown. The 1st and 2nd ones were The Nasty Patty and The Krabby Kronicle. However, this one is in the same Quarantine suit from Fungus Among Us and Best Frenemies. It is unknown if this one is the same one, or if this is a different health inspector.
- This is the second time that people paid to eat Plankton's chum and enjoyed it; the first was in Chum Bucket Supreme.
- In this episode, the transitions from scene to scene use grease instead of the usual bubbles.
- This is the 250th single episode.
- The episode's original plot was where Spongebob tries to help get Patrick a job at a fast food restaurant that sells greasy items. However, this was eventually scrapped.
- When Plankton "steals" Mr. Krabs's customers, Mr. Krabs tells him, "It takes two to tango." However, later, Plankton says, "Now I see what he (Mr. Krabs) means when he says, 'Two can play at that game.'"
- In previous episodes, Plankton was the antagonist to Mr. Krabs, while Mr. Krabs was to SpongeBob. This is the first episode where they are both antagonists to SpongeBob. In this case, Krabs forced him to work for his own sake, and Plankton was motivating Krabs to use his employee.
- Mr. Krabs wears glasses in this episode but only to magnify what he is reading.
- This episode is possibly a reference to the fast food industry, which utilize hiding the truth of their food (unhealthy amounts of sodium and cholesterol) with bogus claims or titles (WOW! Soup).
- When Mr. Krabs is talking about soaking up the grease and SpongeBob says "Did you just say soak up?" you can see that his hat is on his head but when the full view is shown it is back in his hand.
- When Patrick walks into the Krusty Krab, he is sick. But when he licks Spongebob, he isn't sick.
- When Plankton refers to his customers as "Chum-stomers," this is a reference to Krusty Krab Training Videowhere the Krusty Krab customers were called "Krust-omers."
- Running Gag: Mr. Krabs mispronounces words (Delicious=Delicherous, Voila=Voilerah, Deluxe=Deluxee), and Krabs and Plankton keep coming up with ideas for more customers.
- Nat sounds slightly like Cleveland Brown from The Cleveland Show.
- In real life, excessive grease would make food taste terrible to most people, depending on the person's tastes.
- When Mr. Krabs illegally dumps the grease, it's littering. Oddly, even though the Bikini Bottom police force are notorious for being knee-jerk, as well as appearing out of nowhere when it comes to littering (as seen inKeep Bikini Bottom Beautiful), Mr. Krabs isn't caught. Plankton escapes being blamed for the spill.
- Mr. Krabs serves "soup" on a plate. Soup should be served in bowls, not plates.
- Patrick enters the Krusty Krab, saying "Crunchety Muncheties". If he was requesting said dish, he was at the wrong place; it was the Chum Bucket which served Crunchety Muncheties. However, he may have just eaten a serving at the Chum Bucket at was groaning over the name of the food that made him ill.
- In this episode, Spongebob drives perfectly unlike most other episodes which has him driving except for Mrs. Puff, You're Fired and Boating School but the difference between this episode, Mrs. Puff, You're Fired and Boating School was that in Mrs. Puff, You're Fired he only drove perfectly when he was blindfolded and in Boating School he was driving regular but he found out he was cheating and started driving recklessly again.
- The customer saying uh for a long time is a reference to the Krusty Krab Training Video, where Patrick does the same thing.
- SpongeBob was driving the tanker even though he does not even have a driver's license.
- Also, SpongeBob could have been sued for driving a tanker without a driver's license.
- Grease was on paper plates, but why were they on there when they can go right through it?
- When Mr. Krabs is reading Plankton's sign for Chummy Patties, he says the word "delicerous" even though it doesn't say it on the sign. He also says "now with edible flavor" which was also not on the sign.
- SpongeBob breathes in before sucking out the grease from the hose. However, breathing in would only make it harder to suck out the grease.
- Plankton makes Crispity Crunchities, but Patrick calls them Crunchity Munchities. (Patrick later says Crunchity Munchities in Back to the Past)
- Patrick walked into the Krusty Krab saying he wants Crispity Crunchities, (or, as he says it, Crunchity Munchities) but they are sold at the Chum Bucket. Then again, Patrick is so incredibly stupid, so he may have confused the Krusty Krab for the Chum Bucket.
- Mr. Krabs could never have put on glasses - they would have fallen off because has has no ears. Even though in Hello Bikini Bottom!, he is seen to have ears, but they weren't very close to his eyes.
- When SpongeBob says "No it's not the end Mr. Krabs," his hat is in his hands, and when he says "Wait, did you say soaked up? it's on his head and he points his finger. in the next slide, his finger is still pointed but his hat in his left hand again.
- Plankton says that Mr. Krabs said "two can play at that game". Mr. Krabs really said, "It takes two to tango".
APM Music Identification
- High Black Shoes - SpongeBob prepares the customer's order.
- Dramatic Impact 6 - SpongeBob slips on grease and gets the food all over the customer.
- Frankenstein's Niece A - "That, me boy, is a grease trap."
- Tympup A - "Yeah!"
- Wooden Bear - SpongeBob and Krabs clean out the grease trap.
- Heavy Footsteps (a) - Krabs dumps the excess grease behind the Chum Bucket.
- Verve - Plankton laughs evilly.
- Befuddled Gent - "Well, well, Eugene Krabs."
- Circus Parade (b) - "Deluxe Krabby Patties, just what the world needed."
- Dingle's Regatta - Plankton's customers see the sign advertising Deluxe Krabby Patties and go to the Krusty Krab.
- When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - "These are delicious!"
- Cell 501 - "Well, well, well. Now I actually do see what Krabs meant when he said two can play that game."
- Hawaiian Cocktail - Krabs' customers go to the Chum Bucket after seeing a sign advertising "Ultra Chummy Patties."
- Forward Advance - "Quadruple goodness? We'll see about that."
- Editor's Falling Over (b) - Krabs slips in grease.
- Historical Fanfare - Everyone runs to the Krusty Krab to try the "New Yummy Bunz" (grease-soaked buns).
- Wargames Linking Section (g) - Plankton unveils his "newest creation."
- Variety Link (d) - Everyone goes to the Chum Bucket to get "Crispity Crunchities" (burnt grease crumbs).
- Proud Fanfare - Everyone goes to the Krusty Krab to try the "New Wow! Soup" (pure grease on a paper plate).
- Wargames Linking Section (f) - "SpongeBob! Get those seven orders of Wow Soup out to table three pronto!"
- Deadline - "Are you gonna get that soup served to table three, or are you gonna wait till it gets up and walks there itself?!"
- The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - SpongeBob tells Krabs that he thinks they've been selling too much grease.
- Drama Link (c) - Patrick walks into the Krusty Krab feeling sick.
- Fates - "PATRICK! Oh, no... not my best friend too!"
- International Intrigue - The health inspector arrives.
- Comic Walk - The inspector closes both restaurants.
- Here's Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy (b) - "I guess this is it, boy. The end of an era."