|Hello Bikini Bottom!|
|Season 8, Episode 178|
|Air date||October 8, 2012|
|Written by|| Aaron Springer|
Move It or Lose It
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Plankton (2 Speaking Cameos)
- Eugene H. Krabs (False Antagonist)
- Colonel Carper (Debut and Main Antagonist)
- Jim (Wrestler) (Secondary Antagonist)
- Purple Wrestler (Secondary Antagonist)
- Mrs. Puff (2 Cameos)
- Ned and the Needlefish
- Elderly Fish
- Dr. Forrest (Cameo)
- Tom (Cameo)
- Nat Peterson (Cameo)
- Frank (Cameo)
- King Neptune (Cameo)
- Edward KeyWhight (2 Cameos)
- Harold (Speaking Cameo)
- Pilar (Speaking Cameo)
- Gary the Snail (Mentioned Only)
- Appraisal Worker
- French Narrator
- One long angry line later...
The episode starts with Squidward deciding to play his clarinet. SpongeBob overhears him and decides to join him by playing his guitar. They both play back and forth until Squidward blows his clarinet out of his mouth then tells SpongeBob that he will never play with him. A stylish fish claps for them liking SpongeBob and Squidward's performance and Squidward asks who the fish is. The fish introduces himself as Colonel Carper and says he wants to be SpongeBob and Squidward's band manager and says that they will make a lot of money. However, Mr. Krabs overhears money being involved and forcefully makes himself SpongeBob and Squidward's band manager. He even managed to get tips from Carper on what a band needs: A tour bus, venue, sound equipment, and roadies. Mr. Krabs steals Mrs. Puff's busmobile and drives back to the Krusty Krab and takes off his speaker checking off both having a tour bus and sound equipment. At the moment, all he needs is a roadie, in which, he sees Patrick entering the Krusty Krab holding a boat and makes him the roadie.
Mr. Krabs, Squidward, SpongeBob, and Patrick all travel to a building that hosts the appearance of Ned and the Needlefish. Mr. Krabs meets up with Colonel Carper again and Carper explains how much better he is doing. He then blasts on Mr. Krabs for having poor sound equipment and a roadie. He also manages to even blow up Mr. Krabs' sound equipment by telling him his service will be free. Carper then breaks down laughing not knowing Mr. Krabs was stealing his sound equipment from behind him. Mr. Krabs then drives the gang to their first gig: A supermarket. Squidward complains about the place they're playing at and demands Mr. Krabs to drive back to the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs says it's impossible because he sold the Krusty Krab to a Pawn Shop much to SpongeBob's dismay. Even Squidward thinks that was a bad idea. Plankton is seen walking past the Pawn Shop and spots the Krusty Krab. He then runs home going to get his money. Squidward and SpongeBob finally begin to play at the Supermarket and all of the other customers even start using food items to play along with the beat as well. Once Squidward and SpongeBob stop playing, all of the customers leave which Squidward dislikes. The Supermarket Manager then bills Mr. Krabs for playing at his supermarket. Mr. Krabs then takes the gang to a retirement home and he manages to convince Squidward to play there. However, every time that SpongeBob and Squidward play, an Eldery Fish keeps yelling out "Too loud!" even if SpongeBob and Squidward aren't playing. The next gig ends up at a children's birthday party. The gig ended quickly when Squidward is stuck by a kid playing a game. As Mr. Krabs drives to the next destination, Squidward says that if the next gig is anything like the others, then he will quit. When Mr. Krabs stops at the Electronics Outhouse, Squidward attempts to leave off the bus but Mr. Krabs slams the door on his face saying that is not their next gig. Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, and Squidward all look toward a large crowd heading toward a stadium and Mr. Krabs says that is their next gig (which says "Ned and the Needfish Today!"). Mr. Krabs drops off SpongeBob, Squidward, and Patrick and goes back to the "Next Town" sign and starts to work on it. It turns out that he did it to redirect Ned and the Needlefish to the Electronics Outhouse, in which, the band drives to with Ned thinking that they really have gone downhill.
Meanwhile, SpongeBob and Squidward are preparing to perform for the crowd. The curtains open up and the entire crowd is cheering. However, Squidward notices they're chanting for Ned and the Needlefish but SpongeBob thinks that the crowd is cheering for them instead. As the lights turn on, the crowd notices that they're not Ned and the Needlefish. Squidward says that they know what they came for and he and SpongeBob start playing but the crowd (with Harold actually giving the signal) started to chase them off the stage. As the duo are being chased away, Ned and the Needlefish are performing at the Electronics Outhouse. A fish asks Ned about something but Ned told the fish that one of his band members could help him instead. Back at the stadium, Colonel Caper returns and he is extreamly angry at Mr. Krabs for stealing his sound equipment and for driving Ned and the Needlefish off course. Carper tells Mr. Krabs that he is suing him for everything he's got and has his roadies take back his sound equipment and even tag "Losers" on Mr. Krabs' tour bus. Mr. Krabs is highly depressed as he drives again with Squidward saying things have gotten worse. Mr. Krabs breaks down into tears and ends up driving off a cliff with the bus tumbling many times but only suffering a flat tire. Mr. Krabs asks for Patrick to put up the spare but Patrick ended up eating it (which Squidward actually guessed correctly). SpongeBob pulls out a small bag of tires telling Patrick he would've given him one. Squidward gets fed up with everything not even caring if Mr. Krabs goes broke and decides to walk off but walks into a series of cacti along the way. SpongeBob tries to convince Squidward to stay but he wouldn't budge and walked off into the sunset.
SpongeBob then starts to sing about not giving up and eventually Squidward turns back around and he and SpongeBob play for the final time on top of the bus. They notice a crowd cheering with Mr. Krabs in shock; however, Patrick says that they're only cheering for the meteor shower that was going on. Mr. Krabs then sets up an admission stand to have people pay to see the meteor shower and makes all of his money back. Unfortunately for Mr. Krabs, there is a long line of any people waiting to get paid back from Mr. Krabs which includes Mrs. Puff, the Supermarket Manager, and even Colonel Carper. Carper askes for the rest of Mr. Krabs' money but he refuses. Carper then has his roadies dump all of Mr. Krabs' money into his pants then drops him onto the ground. Mr. Krabs, along with SpongeBob, is outside the Pawn Shop and is sad that he will never get his Krusty Krab back. Fortunately for him, SpongeBob gives Mr. Krabs a piggy bank of Gary's college fund and he buys back the Krusty Krab and puts it on his boat. Mr. Krabs drives off with SpongeBob with Plankton arriving shortly with a wagon of money wanting to buy the Krusty Krab. However, the Pawn Shop Owner tells Plankton that he just sold it but has a taco stand instead. Plankton looks on with a shocked look on his face as the episode ends.
- The song We Will Rock You played in the commercials for this episode. This is the fifth time that a real song has been featured on SpongeBob not counting Youtube videos. The first was "Sweet Victory" in "Band Geeks" (in episode), Second was Simple Minds' "Don't You (Forget About Me)" in "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?" (commercial only), and Third was Kelis' "Milkshake" in "License to Milkshake" (commercial only).
- This is one of the few episodes in which Mr. Krabs is a False Antagonist.
- Mrs. Puff is shown to be a good engineer in this episode, as she made her own school feild trip bus.
- This is the second time Tom works at Shady Shoals Retirement Home. First was in Doing Time.
- This episode was promoted as SpongeBob on Tour.
- Running Gag: Elderly Fish keeps on saying "Too loud!"
- SpongeBob and Squidward have also been in bands back in Band Geeks and Krabby Road.
- This is the second appearance of Ned and the Needlefish. The first was Wigstruck.
- The Supermarket's manager was actually Dwight T. Wad.
- Mr. Krabs did a few crimes but instead of being arrested he paid them back. He stole Mrs. Puff's field trip bus, stole Colonel Carper's sound equipment and sending Ned and the Needlefish to an electronic store, got a bill from the supermarket and apparently did something at the birthday party.
- This is King Neptune's first appearance since the episode special The Clash of Triton.
- This is the first time Dr. Forrest is working at a retirement home.
- This is the last SpongeBob episode to be produced in standard-definition fullscreen,episodes. Extreme Spots, and onward are produced in widescreen high-definition. The show remains in this format for season 9, 10, and the second movie.
- Patrick had brief intelligence when he said that the crowd was here for the aurora borealis.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs sells, then buys back the Krusty Krab in a single episode, the first being Selling Out
- If you watch carefully during the scene were Squidward and SpongeBob were at the Ned and the Needlefish concert you can see Bubble Bass in the audience spinning a basket ball on his finger.