- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs (Main Antagonist)
- No Name
- Vera (cameo)
- Nathiel (cameo)
- Squidward Tentacles (mentioned)
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
SpongeBob is out jellyfishing. He catches a jellyfish, gets some of its jelly, and lets it go. He names it "Twelvy", due to it being his twelfth catch of the day. He then sees a rare blue jellyfish which he calls "No Name", who is apparently the only jellyfish in the fields who he has never caught, and compulsively tries to get him but to no avail. Later, SpongeBob goes on his lunch break at the Krusty Krab, and puts the jelly on a krabby patty. After a customer asks about the patty and tries it, he sings a song proclaiming its greatness and puts jelly on the patties of all the other customers, who enjoy it as well. Mr. Krabs sees the profitability, and puts the new patty on the menu. SpongeBob, to his great delight, is tasked to go out and gather as many jellyfish as he can, though he asks Krabs to keep the jellyfish comfortable. He continues to catch jellyfish, and Krabs continues to demand more, until Jellyfish Fields is completely deserted.
SpongeBob concludes that there are "no more" jellyfish to catch, and begins to walk home. After several close encounters and strange events, No Name captures him in a jar much in the way that SpongeBob catches jellyfish. No Name then takes SpongeBob to a secret factory, where he discovers that Krabs is cruelly treating and killing the jellyfish to extract their jelly for more profit. Realizing that Mr. Krabs tricked him into catching all the jellyfish and broke his word to keep them comfortable, SpongeBob then understands why No Name brought him here in the first place. He angrily confronts Mr. Krabs for his actions and decides to free the jellyfish to no avail. Eventually, Krabs accidentally opens the voice activated door by saying the codeword: "open", freeing all the jellyfish, who then all sting Krabs at once, giving him pain as consequence for his actions against them, and No Name is finally named by SpongeBob: Friend. Having felt so much pain from the jellyfish stings, Mr. Krabs finally decided to take the jelly off the menu for good.
- The episode contains a part where No Name cut the power to SpongeBob's house. However, in the UK, it is replaced with a shot on the door on the outside of SpongeBob's house.
- After Fred finishes his song, you can hear the crowd cheer for him, however, none of the fish are moving at all and only the cheering sound is heard.
- When SpongeBob is being followed by the blue jellyfish, he says, "It feels like somebody... wants to sell me something!" However, the captions read "tell" instead of "sell."
- When SpongeBob is only wearing underwear in Jellyfish Fields, his sleeves are still shown.
- SpongeBob picking up the phone and hearing heavy breathing is a reference to the 1979 movie When a Stranger Calls.
- Squidward does not appear in this episode, and Mr. Krabs is shown working the register. However, he was mentioned after Fred's Song, With Mr. Krabs saying "Spongebob, who's playing Squidward's records!?"
- 23rd time Patrick doesn't appear.
- During the montage of when Mr. Krabs says "More" many times, Moar Krabs can be seen for a split second. Moar Krabs has become a popular internet meme.
- The scenes when SpongeBob says good-bye to Twelvey and when No Name makes the power in SpongeBob's house go out were cut in the Fisher Price Interact TV version of this episode.
- When Mr. Krabs says "The door will only open if I say open". It only opens the second time he says the word, even though he says "The door will only open if I say open." Although it is possible that it took a few seconds to activate the door from when he first says "open"
- This episode was featured in the SpongeBob Earth Day Marathon that leads up to SpongeBob's Last Stand and the story is similar.
- SpongeBob takes out the wrench and loosens a bolt is on the door, but after Mr. Krabs sighs in relief, the bolt is gone.
- This is the first episode that Mr. Krabs is the main antagonist.
- During the part where Mr. Krabs says "You'll never catch me!", his walkman can be seen in his pocket, then after the scene zoomed out, his walkman in his pocket is gone.
- This is the second time SpongeBob gets stung in the hand. the first was Nature Pants.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs shouts "MOAR!" has been an internet phenomenon, named Moar Krabs.