Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 1, Episode 7b|
|Air date||August 28, 1999|
|Written by||Ennio Torresan, Jr.|
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles (3 speaking cameos and 1 silent cameo)
A jellyfish insists on following SpongeBob home after a day out at Jellyfish Fields, so SpongeBob decides on letting it spend the night at his home. Squidward warns SpongeBob that jellyfish are wild animals and should not be domesticated, but SpongeBob completely ignores him. At home, SpongeBob dances with the jellyfish to loud techno rave music, which annoys Squidward to no end. After 12 hours of nonstop partying, SpongeBob finally decides to go to bed, but the Jellyfish does not want to stop. SpongeBob eventually forces it to go to bed by tying a leash around it, but during the night, while SpongeBob sleeps, the jellyfish escapes and brings lots of its friends into SpongeBob's house.
The next morning, SpongeBob wakes up to find his living room filled with hundreds of dancing jellyfish. He attempts to make them leave, but to no avail. Squidward, annoyed by this, decides that "two can play at this", and starts loudly playing his clarinet, angering the jellyfish, who start destroying SpongeBob's house. SpongeBob asks Squidward to play his clarinet a little "better", and Squidward responds by intentionally playing even worse and much louder. This prompts the jellyfish to go to his house and sting him before returning to SpongeBob's house. A sting-covered Squidward says to SpongeBob "Everybody's a critic. You won't be hearing from me anymore", and gives him his clarinet. The jellyfish hastily nab it from SpongeBob, break it in half, burn it and dance around it. This further angers SpongeBob, who attempts to remove the stereo system, destroying it in the process, and the angered jellyfish begin stinging him. SpongeBob and Gary go up to the roof of the house, but the swarm follows them outside and surrounds them. Then Gary drives them away by clicking his eyes together.
List of Main Dance Moves In Order of Appearance
- Twist (not all the way around and to the right)
- Twist (left to right)
- Grab someone and Spin him/her
- Wave One Arm And then the other
- Put your hands in air and put your mouth out like you're kissing
- Bonk your back and someone else's back together
- Spin on your head
- Bonk your nose and someone else's nose together
- Walk in place
- Associated production music
The following is a list of music tracks used in the episode.
- SpongeBob Theme[original music by Jeremy Wakefield and Sage Guyton] (title card)
- Hawaiian Blues- The Hawaiian Serenaders (opening)
- O.K. Mr. Hillbilly (Instrumental)- Roy Henley (SpongeBob "milking" a jellyfish)
- ? (jellyfish follows SpongeBob)
- [original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (SpongeBob shows the jellyfish to Squidward)
- Stadium Rave A- Mark Governor, Glenn Nishida (dance music)
- Furtive Footsteps- Paddy Kingsland (more jellyfish arrive)
- Stadium Rave A- Mark Governor, Glenn Nishida (dance music again)
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat[original music by Brad Carow] (Squidward playing clarinet)
- Death Trap- Gregor F. Narholz (jellyfish angry at SpongeBob)
- Jellyfish Jam - Brad Carow (ending)
- This is the first episode to use computer-generated sequences, like when SpongeBob's house is jumping around and then cuts over to Squidward's house.
- "Stadium Rave" is very similar to "Get Ready for This", a song commonly played at basketball games.
- 11th time Mr. Krabs doesn't appear.
- This is the second episode with jellyfish on the title card. The first was Jellyfishing and the third was Oral Report.
- When the flowers play, it is the beginning tune to Michael Jackson's "Bad".
- The alternating flashing lights seen during this episode during the disco were very fast and could have caused seizures.
- The second time Gary is clicking his eyes there are more jellyfish.
- This is the 1st time jellyfish annoy Spongebob. The 2nd is in Spongehenge.
- This is the 1st time Spongebob takes a jellyfish home with him. The 2nd is in Planet Of The Jellyfish.
- At one point SpongeBob sounds like the French Narrator.
- This is the first episode that Spongebob's House moves by itself.
- When SpongeBob was milking a jellyfish, it moos like a cow.
- Even though SpongeBob is able to sleep through the blasting music in his own house, Squidward is kept up all night by it.
- Even though the jellyfish messed up his home, SpongeBob doesn't get that angry. It's not until they take Squidward's clarinet, snap it in two, set it on fire, and dance around it that he really gets mad, which indicates he really likes Squidward as a friend.
- On the Squidward part where he says "Only SpongeBob can have fun with a Jellyfish, FOR 12 HOURS!!" the night stand with the lamp moves from the left to the right.
- Right before SpongeBob says " Gary, you were right. Thanks for not rubbing it in." Gary's mouth moves to say "meow" but no words come out.
- Five jellyfish had flew to Spongebob's house, but three jellyfish went inside the house.
- When Squidward is playing the clarinet out the window, he is wearing his pajamas. But after Spongebob pops his head out of the window and says "I don't think the jellyfish like it", he is wearing his brown shirt. Then after Squidward sets the speakers, he is wearing pajamas again. When Squidward goes to SpongeBob's house, he has his brown shirt on again.
- It is impossible for Squidward to set the speakers that fast without any help.
- SpongeBob's living room is on the first floor, but when he pops his head out the window, telling Squidward to play his clarinet better, he appears to be on the second floor.