Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|License to Milkshake|
|Season 9, Episode 181a|
|Air date||September 7, 2012|
|Written by||Casey Alexander|
Gary's New Toy
License to Milkshake is a <SpongeBob Square Pants episode from season nine. In this episode, SpongeBob returns to the milkshake academy after discovering his milk-shake license has expired.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Eugene H. Krabs (minor)
- Captain Frostymug (debut)
- Harold (largest role)
- Nat Peterson (2 cameos)
- Thaddeus (cameo in the line)
- Frank (2 cameos)
- Academy Cadets (debut)
- 20 Years Earlier...
One day around lunchtime while working and snogging the lips off his toy doll at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob while getting ready to make some fresh toenail clipping delicious Krabby Patties, and then gets a last minute order to serve a milkshake and hasn't made one in years. SpongeBob now decides to make a simple milkshake in a blender, and finishes it off by topping whipped cream and bum shavings while walking out the kitchen door. He serves it to Harold. But, Harold thinks it's horrible (and throws a temper tantrum, demanding a refund while meanly shoving the milkshake into SpongeBob's hat) and SpongeBob finds out that his milkshake I.D. has expired 7 years ago. So, Mr. Krabs forces him to go to the Milkshake Academy , where he meets Captain Frostymug.
Frostymug tells the cadets to man their milkshake stations. When SpongeBob mans his station, he realizes that there are more buttons and contraptions than he's used to, but thinks he still can make a milkshake with no problem. But when he tries to mix the milkshake, he repeatedly pushes the wrong button. Frosty Mug comes over and has a cadet inform SpongeBob that the controls are different and he has to push the button on the lower control panel. When SpongeBob manages to finally mix his milkshake, he lets Frosty Mug try it. However, when Frosty Mug tries it, the milkshake is frozen and it ends up in Frosty Mug's eye. Frosty Mug suggests they need to get back to the basics. Frosty Thug tells SpongeBob before he makes a milkshake, he needs to know what it feels like to be a milkshake. He makes him go in the Shake Simulator, which makes cadets who enter it into a milkshake-shaped blob. Frosty Mug sets the Simulator on "Obliterate", which makes the students gasp. A cadet reminds Frosty Mug that no one has ever survived Obliterate, to which he responds that he needs to learn. The simulator shakes, rattles, and rolls SpongeBob. Captain Frosty Mug decides to see how SpongeBob turned out and gets angry when he sees that he actually survived! Angry, Frosty Mug says that he's never had such an "unteachable moron" in 30 years. He asks his students to tell him why SpongeBob is doing bad with making a milkshake. One student replies, "You'd be better off teaching a piece of coral!", to which the students laugh. SpongeBob replies that he'll show the students that he can make a milkshake. However, during the courses of making a milkshake, SpongeBob fails doing them all. During graduation, SpongeBob expects to get his milkshake license at this event. However, Captain Frosty Mug gives everyone milkshake licenses except for SpongeBob, because he couldn't even get past Step #1 of making a milkshake. SpongeBob tells Frosty Mug that he will keep trying. Captain Frosty Mug tells him he needs to put the milkshake up to the spinny thing. Then, he stops, flashing back to 20 years ago.
He was the owner of a milkshake cafe called Milk Shake. Many customers were so excited to have Frosty Mug's milkshakes. However, when he tried to make a milkshake for an eager customer, he ended up splattering the milkshake all over the store. A stain of milkshake got on the power lines that connect to the milkshake machine, destroying it. The milkshake machine squirted out milkshake stains onto the customers, frightening them and ruining Frosty Mug's career. He informs SpongeBob that he hasn't touched the milkshake machine in 20 years. He gets his hand stuck in the machine. He is about to get his arm and all of him sucked into the machine, but SpongeBob is able to grab and save him just before the machine can suck him in forever. The machine ends up exploding, but Frosty Mug thanks SpongeBob for saving him. Thanks to the machine incident, Frosty Mug's arm is hurt. He realizes that he doesn't need a machine to make a milkshake because it comes from within the heart. The next day, at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob serves Harold a milkshake, which he replies is the best he's ever had. Everyone now wants to buy SpongeBob's milkshake. Captain Frosty Mug comes in, requesting a milkshake. He also gives SpongeBob his milkshake license and then replies, "If only it were this easy to get a boating license" and laughs, ending the episode.
- This was the second episode where a time card was not told by the narrator, the first being I Was a Teenage Gary, and is the first time in the Post-movie era (2005–present).
- The Milkshake Academy is an obvious parody to the Military Academy.
- The title music is the same as A Friendly Game, but the ending is different.
- Running Gag: SpongeBob making frozen milkshakes.
- There are double dip milkshakes in the title card.
- SpongeBob's milkshake license was first shown in Yours, Mine, and Mine.
- In reality you don't need a license to make a milkshake.
- Oddly in SpongeBob's milkshake license, his picture is shown while he is holding his spatula (since SpongeBob usually keeps his spatula at the Krusty Krab). It was also shown in The Masterpiece.
- The training montage is a parody of the movie Top Gun , with SpongeBob riding a motorcycle, flying in a fighter jet, and playing beach volleyball.
- The episode's title is a reference to the James Bond film License to Kill.
- It was said in Squirrel Records that SpongeBob has a Milkshake dispenser card and showed it to Sandy. Although he has not have a License card.
- Error: When SpongeBob gave Harold the milkshake, Harold said it was frozen and when Harold put it in SpongeBob's Krusty Krab hat, it was not frozen. It was melted and squishy.
- The song "Milkshake" was supposed to play when SpongeBob poured the milkshake on him and swished it around. It is still heard in the commercial.
APM Music Identification
- Tympup A - "No, you simpleton!"