- Hot Rod Fish (Two cameos)
- Nat Peterson
- Old Man Jenkins
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles (speaking cameo)
- Pearl Krabs
- Betsy Krabs
- Bikini Bottomites
- Boy scout fish
- Sadie (cameo)
Mr. Krabs is feeling old and uncool. He overhears Spongebob and Patrick's plans to spend the night out doing cool things, and Mr. Krabs offers to join them. However, he is severely disappointed with the activities, which include going to the laundromat, picking up trash under the freeway, live action role-playing games, and other such uncool things. Eventually, Krabs snaps, and dismisses Spongebob and Patrick as "babies". However, he regains interest when the tell him that he will miss the panty-raid. He stays and joins them for the panty raid, only to realize that the house they are raiding is his own mother's house, She sends Mr, Krabs to his room, punishing him as she would a small child. Spongebob apologizes to him through his bedroom window, and Mr. Krabs admits that he is "certainly feeling younger."
- When Mr. Krabs allegedly says "Any party to start!?" this is a reference to "Any port in the storm!?", an old sailor term.
- This is the second episode to premiere in 2003. The first one is its paired episode, The Great Snail Race.
- This episode's name is a parody of the phrase "mid-life crisis".
- This episode has been seen from 1961-1999 TV Series, Another World.
- Mr. Krabs, Patrick and SpongeBob are seen playing "Dungeons and Dragons" while speaking in a medieval accent.
- At the beginning of the episode, a song plays on the radio called "You're Old". The song is sung by writer Martin Olson, who appeared as the live-action chief in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V".
- The song on the radio is by Martin Olson, who does the voice of Marceline's father in Adventure Time and whose daughter does the voice of Vanessa Doofenshmirtz in Phineas and Ferb.
- KOLD-TV is the name of an actual television network, and is a refrence from a radio station K-OLD in the Rugrats episode, "Baseball".
- One of the locations SpongeBob and Patrick bring Mr. Krabs in this episode is called "Bunny Bun's", which could be a possible parody of "Chuck E. Cheese's".
- This episode came off very controversial among the fans and parents when they use and demonstrate a panty raid in a children's show.
- The title card music for this episode has been re-used on multiple occasions.
- This is the first time a character was forced to swallow a ridiculously large pill. The second time is Plankton in "Shellback Shenanigans".
- In some countries, the song "You're Old" broadcasted the instrumental version due to the controversial lyrics.
- A picture of Victor Krabs is seen when Mr. Krabs tries to explain why he was going through Mama Krabs' underwear.
- In the Hebrew version, after Mr. Krabs is being yelled at by the elderly fish, the fish that asks "What's his problem?" says it in Yiddish, a common language between old folks in Israel, rather than in Hebrew.
- The radio station mentioned is K-OLD which spells cold.
- When Betsy grounded Eugene to sleep Eugene has his room when he was a little kid but never shown in Friend Or Foe.
- When Mrs. Krabs's bloomers are first seen during the panty raid, they are shaped like normal panties. But when Mr. Krabs pulls one out, it is instantly rather shaped like boxers.
- After Mr. Krabs uses the word "coral", Pearl says to her friend Jenny on the phone "Coral is definitely out." However, she continues to use it in later episodes.
- During the scene transition from the ice cream stand to the Krusty Krab, bubble sounds can be heard, but no bubbles actually appear. This error also occurs in "Boating School" and "Welcome to the Chum Bucket."