|Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation|
|Season 8, Episode 161b|
|Air date||November 9, 2011|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Pearl Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Officer John
- Officer Nancy
- Bikini Bottom
- Bikini Bottom Mint
- Teenage Boy Museum
- Super Mega Mall World (cameo)
- Planet Rollercoaster (cameo)
In his office, Mr. Krabs says that he will take either Squidward or SpongeBob with him and Pearl on a roadtrip, but then Squidward gets up and leaves, leaving Mr. Krabs to choose SpongeBob. Pearl obviously isn't happy, throwing a suitcase on to SpongeBob, telling him not to get up until they leave town. After they leave, SpongeBob asks if he can get up and Pearl says "sure". They pass "Super Mega Mall World" and Pearl thinks that they are going there, but Mr. Krabs promises where they are going is way better. They then pass "Planet Rollercoaster" and once again, Pearl thinks that they are going there and Mr. Krabs says where they are going is a hundred times better.
They park right in front of the "Teenage Boy Museum" and right when Pearl walks up to it, it is demolished by a wrecking ball. Mr. Krabs tries to comfort her, saying that they weren't going there anyways. He then says that they are going to the "Ocean Mint" to see the money making process, but Pearl says that she'd rather search through the rubble of the "Teenage Boy Museum" and proceeds to do so. They go inside and meet the tour guide "Bill" and he is aware of the irony of his job and name. They get to the part where Mr. Krabs sees money being shredded.
He starts crying, which floods the factory. SpongeBob absorbs the water and shoots it out the wall, destroying the autographed photo that Pearl finds. Bill than calls security to escort SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs out, but sees them tied up and gagged by two bank robbers. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs stop them and are each rewarded with a Special Edition 1 dollar bill with their faces on it. Mr. Krabs then takes the bill from SpongeBob, saying that "he hasn't charged him yet for bringing him on this trip".
Pearl then shows up and says that "she hasn`t charged him for taking her on this terrible trip" and takes the two bills from him. Her friend then shows up and Pearl hands her the two dollars that she owes her for the shoes, saying that she must have maxed out her father's (Mr. Krabs) credit card. With the two bills gone, SpongeBob says "oh no" and Mr. Krabs starts crying, flooding the factory.
- This is the third of the five episode miniseries on Nickelodeon.
- The title card music is the same and similar to two of the episodes. First was "Boating Buddies" and the second was "The Great Patty Caper". The 4th was For Here or to Go.
- This episode makes Bikini Bottom look like a bigger town, because we see buildings that were never shown.
- It is unknown why Mr. Krabs took a trailer with him considering the that the tour was over in less than a day.
- This episode hints that SpongeBob might have a crush on Pearl, because he says "looks like you and I are going to spend quality time together" and he has a flirty look.
- This is the first episode where Mr.Krabs takes a vacation with SpongeBob.
- This is one of the episodes where Patrick is not sad when SpongeBob goes away.
- The title card looks like the title card for "Pat No Pay."
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs goes on a vacation with Pearl. The first was "Squeaky Boots."
- When SpongeBob's eyes display blue triangles which says YES and PLEASE is a reference to the Magic 8 Ball, a fortune-telling toy.
- Bill's name is a possible reference to Socko in iCarly.
- The viewers don't know why the Teenage Boy Museum got demolished.
- This is the second time Mr.Krabs' eyes turn into a faucet for when he cries.The first was Clams.
- Fred was blue when he appeared in this episode with the tourists. In a scene of the episode he was green. In the next shot he was back to the color blue.
- Like the other vacation-related episodes, there a is slideshow or story opening and the rest of the episode takes place in a flashback, which means it's unknown what happened after the flashback.
- This was the second episode when another fish has a skin error. The first was Something Smells.
- In reality, it would be impossible for SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs to get legal tender with their likenesses on it so instantaneously. It would take time, especially to engrave the design onto a printing plate.
- Mr. Krabs is a formidable fighter when it comes to money, as seen when he fights the robbers off. Another instance was seen in The Lost Mattress, when he stood up to a vicious junkyard worm which was guarding his money-filled mattress.
- When Mr. Krabs is rolling on the ground after being traumatized by the sight of money being destroyed, he mumbles, "Money makes the world go round".
- Bill speaks in a manner similar to Ben Stein.
- Oddly Planet Rollercoaster looks like one huge rollercoaster.
- So far this is the only episode where Mr. Krabs needed spare eyeballs like lightbulbs.
- Running Gag: Various of body parts are seen deflating including Mr. Krabs' left arm and both eyes and even Bill's head fin.
- When Squidward says, "Hallelujah!" the song Hallelujah can be heard in the background.
- When Mr. Krabs pass the Super Mega Mall World, SpongeBob asks if they can stop for the bathroom, then they pass the Planet Rollercoaster and says if there was a bathroom land, he has to use the bathroom really bad, and then SpongeBob closed his eyes for a good surprise if there was a bathroom there, but when SpongeBob opens his eyes, SpongeBob doesn't have to use the bathroom anymore.