|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses too many links from or is probably stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 1, Episode 9a|
|Air date||September 11, 1999|
|Written by||Paul Tibbitt|
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene Krabs
- Gary the Snail
- Large Snail
At work, SpongeBob daydreams of living with the jellyfish in jellyfish fields. He accidentally starts a fire, and a fireman runs in and turns on the hose. SpongeBob is in the way, thus fills up with water and falls on the fire, putting it out. Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob why he was not concentrating, and SpongeBob explains that he wishes to live in the wild. He moves to Jellyfish Fields, and gives Patrick mayonnaise, old phone books, and his special jellyfishing net, "Ol' Reliable".
He even takes off all his clothes, except his shoes. SpongeBob tries to fit in with the jellyfish, but just can't get the hang of it. A crazed and heartbroken Patrick tries to catch him with Ol' Reliable while jellyfishing, but fails when SpongeBob jumps into the jellyfish hive, where he takes to eating the jelly inside. Upon the swarm's return, SpongeBob greets them in a friendly manner, but is then repeatedly stung and chased into a cave by them. Disheartened, but not giving up yet, SpongeBob tries to sleep in a cave, using a fern as a blanket, but ultimately ends up getting covered in poison sea urchins (apparently the underwater equivalent of poison ivy).
Finally deciding that the wild isn't as good as he thought, SpongeBob returns to Bikini Bottom and, after seeing Sandy's Treedome and the Krusty Krab, realizes his mistake; he had a great life and friends, and gave it all up. Upon his return to the pineapple, he is greeted with a massive "Welcome Home" party, the others apparently having been expecting him. All is forgiven, SpongeBob puts his clothes back on, and everyone group-hugs (Squidward is forced to). However, the poison sea urchin bacteria spreads, and everyone except SpongeBob becomes itchy.
- Associated production music
The following is a list of music tracks used in the episode.
- Migldi Magldi- Jennifer Jones (title card)
- Where Dreams Come True (a)- Ron Goodwin (opening)
- On Fire- Gregor F. Narholz (grill on fire)
- Variety Link (d)- Dick Stephen Walter ("Hooray!")
- The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka- Chelmsford Folk Band (SpongeBob in Krabs' office)
- Captain Lenoe's- Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie (Krabs laughs)
- Salute to Caesar 1- Gregor F. Narholz (golden scepter)
- ? (SpongeBob quits)
- Queen's Aloha Oe C- Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani (SpongeBob giving away all his stuff)
- Wondrous Pastures- John Fox (SpongeBob in Jellyfish Fields)
- Hilo March- The Hawaiian Serenaders (SpongeBob following jellyfish)
- Sad Parting (a)- Paddy Kingsland (Patrick reading script)
- Jungle Baby- Hans Ehrlinger (Squidward throwing a party)
- Sad Parting (a)- Paddy Kingsland ("I'm happy here. This is my home now.")
- Gator[original music by Steve Belfer] (SpongeBob imitating jellyfish)
- Lovely Scenery C- Mladen Franko (Patrick with a net)
- Musical Box (a)- Dave Hewson ("I'm gonna make you a trophy!")
- Flight in Panic 1- Gregor F. Narholz (Patrick chases SpongeBob)
- The Gypsy Violinist- Dick Stephen Walter (Patrick gives up)
- Stack of Leis- Kapono Beamer (SpongeBob in a cave)
- Killer Birds- Gregor F. Narholz (poison sea urchins)
- [original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (SpongeBob itching)
- Botany Bay (b)- Robert Alexander White (SpongeBob going back home)
- Hawaiian Pussycat - George de Fretes (ending)
- This is the first time the 11 minutes is referenced. After SpongeBob leaves, Sandy says she'll give him a week to come back, but Squidward says he'll give him eleven minutes. This is a reference to approximately how long an average episode of a cartoon is which also could say that Squidward broke the fourth wall.
- In the episode Planet of the Jellyfish, there was a title card that said Eleven Minutes Later which also breaks the fourth wall in a way.
- During the initial scene in the Krusty Krab, the grill is shown facing the opposite side of the window. This also occurs in Suds, Your Shoe's Untied, and My Pretty Seahorse.
- This is the second episode featuring SpongeBob in the nude, but he still wears shoes, like in Model Sponge.
- 12th time SpongeBob cries.
- Only one scene takes place in SpongeBob's House.
- Some people recall SpongeBob acting like Tarzan in a scene when it premiered. That mysterious scene was probably just confusion with the episode "The Paper ."
- This is the only episode where jellyfish live in a hive.
- This is another episode where there is fire underwater.
- This episode marks the first apperance of Ol' Reliable. It would later be seen in The Best Day Ever and The Pink Purloiner.
- Patrick is shown to not be a good actor as he said a stage direction, "take bite", out loud. This probably wasn't an accidental failure, but just showing how dumb Patrick is.
- Patrick intends to put SpongeBob on display.
- This is the first time SpongeBob is seen in a jellyfish cave. second will be in I'm Your Biggest Fanatic and the third will be SpongeHenge.
- When Patrick came to chase SpongeBob, it was like a scene in the film Tarzan where Clayton was going to shoot Kerchak but Kerchak didn't run away since he was in a net and Tarzan's yell came with an army to save the gorillas and Clayton died and the army won and the gorillas were safe while Kerchak died. SpongeBob ran away from Patrick and won the chase.
- This episode aired 2 years before the September 11th attacks.
- This is the first episode SpongeBob says "Ta-da".
- When SpongeBob says "Ah, my Jellyfish brotherin are returning," he looking at the screen meaning he could've been talking to the viewers thus breaking the fourth wall.
- All of the main characters appears in this episode except for Plankton.
- Error: The fire extinguisher disappears after the fire is put out.
- Error: When the giant snail meows, the original captions say "Wow!".
- Error: Sandy's head is smaller than it usually is.
- Error: Sandy shouldn't have felt the Sea Urchins because she is in her underwater suit.
- Error: The jellyfish hive appears to be smaller on the outside and bigger on the inside.
- Error: The sideview of the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob was walking to it was wrong, it was a long length version of the restaurant with the (KK) Logo at the end of it, the restaurant should have been shorter.