- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Nat Peterson
- Martha Smith
- Mr. Normal (debut, only appearance)
- How to be Normal Host (debut, only appearance)
Time cards shown
- Three weeks later
SpongeBob is convinced by Squidward that he is not normal. He proceeds to purchase a video on "How to become normal" in order to change his ways. SpongeBob slowly changes over a three-week time period, becoming a more rounded-shaped sponge without holes, lacking his buck teeth, having a small nose and big freckle-less cheeks. He also becomes more mild mannered than his usual self.
Along with his new appearance and personality, SpongeBob purchases a new suburban home and works in a cubicle at the Krusty Krab like "normal" people do. Instead of regular Krabby Patties, he prints them out on pieces of paper. He soon loses his job after the customers notice the new tasteless krabby patties.
Afterwards, SpongeBob goes over to Squidward's house and talks to him. He states that Squidward is not normal, pointing out that Squidward has various abnormalities, such as a large "bulbous" nose, odd eyes, and wearing no pants. Angered, Squidward kicks SpongeBob out of his home.
Upset, SpongeBob enlists Patrick's aid to make him abnormal again. After a trial of odd tasks, SpongeBob slowly regains his buck teeth, holes, freckles, and other former traits. However, in Patrick's home, he soon transforms back to "normal", concluding that has become "permanently normal". SpongeBob and Patrick begin crying, but a few moments later, Squidward appears at the door in his "normal" form (wearing pants and has a large round head, "normal" eyes, and a small nose). This snaps SpongeBob out of his normal state and returns him back to his old self. He hugs Squidward and thanks him for making him his true self again and compliments Squidward that it is "a wonderful weather they're having".
- Squidward's "normal" features include:
- Wearing pants
- Holes on his cranium are big spots
- Smaller nose, head and arms
- Eyeballs are smaller
- This episode premiered as a part of the "Gimme 5" special.
- When Squidward looks back at the grill area, there is no cubicle; When he goes back to get a cup of water, a cubicle appears.
- SpongeBob's "normal" features include:
- Round body/pants
- Smaller nose
- No freckles
- No craters/holes
- No buck teeth
- Pointed shoes
- Normal sized arms and legs
- No squiggled outlines
- Slightly smaller eyes that are spaced further apart
- SpongeBob's "normal" house looks like the NET Building on the PBS Kids TV show,"Mister Rogers' Neighborhood".
- SpongeBob was previously seen speaking backwards in "Opposite Day". However, Patrick also spoke backwards when he read a nametag upsided in Party Pooper Pants
- As SpongeBob and Patrick are belly-sliding through town, they go up a ramped truck. Oyster Stadium can be seen as they are falling.
- Also, when they are belly-sliding, the tarmac on the road would hurt their stomachs.
- 48th episode with its name in it.
- Paper Krabby Patties can kill people. (Maybe if they were made of wood, cardboard or plastic.)
- This is the second time SpongeBob is not normal.
- When SpongeBob says Tap, erus uoy era?, it's backwards for Are you sure, Pat?.
- This can be heard when the WHOLE EPISODE is in reverse.
- This episode, the episode Squid's Visit and it's sister episode both include the same large wall of 483 self-portraits in Squidward's House
- Irony: Spongebob tries to make Krabby Patties "normally" (by printing them on a computer), but making them on the grill is much more normal (which is proven after Mr. Krabs kicks Spongebob out until he makes patties the right way). Also, Spongebob's new house is considered normal, but in Bikini Bottom, the normal houses are tube shaped.
- When SpongeBob says "Hmm, this video tape should help.", one of his arms is missing.
- When "normal" Squidward is first shown, he only has 2 legs. But when SpongeBob is hugging him, he has all 4 legs.
- When SpongeBob talks backwards, he says "Tap erus uoy era?" (backwards for "Are you sure Pat?"), captions say "Chap beru soy era".
- When Squidward is riding his bike to his house, he looks up and sees SpongeBob's "normal" house. When the camera pans out for us to see all 3 houses, SpongeBob is not there. But when the scene cuts to Squidward, he is there.
- During SpongeBob's first "normal" day, his freckles constantly appear and disappear.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward are having tea, Squidward is holding a teacup. But when SpongeBob begins criticizing Squidward, the teacup disappears for the remainder of the scene.
- Squidward has become normal, does not mean that he should not continue hating SpongeBob
APM Music Identification
- Comic Walk - #1: Squidward stomps out of his house and tries to reason with SpongeBob.
- Comic Walk - #2: Squidward continues to reason with SpongeBob.
- Hawaiian Link (b) - "I'm not normal?"
- Here And There - SpongeBob watches a video tape called: "Journey into Normality".
- Keel Row - The Krusty Krab: One customer orders a Krabby Patty.
- Busy Shoppers - Squiward asks SpongeBob about the new change in his workspace.
- Junior Miss - A montage of Squidward routine coping with SpongeBob's new habit.
- The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - #1: Squidward serves a Krabby Patty to a customer and visits SpongeBob for the last time.
- Gay Dog - "You know, it's a funny thing, Squidward. I smoothed out the edges of my personality and the rest just follow suit. Now I am utterly 'Normal'."
- The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - #2: A typical customer eats a Krabby Patty and spits it out, only to discover that it's made ot of paper.
- Dramatic Impact 2 - "Come on, guys, these patties ain't worth the paper they're printed on."
- The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Mr. Krabs tries to convince SpongeBob to making better Krabby Patties.
- Screw On the Loose - SpongeBob greets Patrick.
- Cinnamon Stick - SpongeBob visits Squidward.
- Fates Fates - "Please, Patrick! If anyone can teach me the arcane art of the weird, it's you! Teach me how to be me, again!"
- March of Industry - A montage of Patrick encouraging SpongeBob to become abnormal.
- House of Horror - SpongeBob is in shock at the sight of 'Normal' Squidward.
- Сhase Сue 2 - Start sliding.