|Season 8, Episode 160a|
|Air date||November 8, 2011|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
A SquarePants Family Vacation
Walking the Plankton
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Vacation Guy (voiced by Tom Kenny)
- Eugene H. Krabs (2 cameos)
- Todd SquarePants
- Patrick's house
- SpongeBob's house
- Squidward's House
- Eugene Krab's house
- 1 Hour Later
- 5 Hours Later
The episode begins with Patrick putting the slide projector onto a table, leaping onto it, shaping his head into a ten-gallon hat, then riding the projector like a horse. SpongeBob reminds him that he has a slideshow to give, but in the process Patrick destroys the projector. Instead, Patrick makes a shadow puppet show with a lamp, and the show begins. SpongeBob goes to Patrick's house and knocks on the rock. Inside, Patrick is heard moaning and complaining. When the rock finally opens, Patrick's hand is seen holding a key. When SpongeBob enters, Patrick is seen on the floor, still holding the key. SpongeBob asks what's wrong, and Patrick explains that all he's been doing is waking up, eating, and sleeping...and he needs a break. SpongeBob suggests a vacation, and Patrick's spirits are lifted. When they go to the travel agency, Patrick is given options, but when it's revealed that he cannot afford any of these trips, he and SpongeBob are thrown out. SpongeBob suggest Patrick go on a "staycation", a vacation at home. Patrick goes for it. When he arrives home, he sees his living room has been redesigned as a hotel's entrance, and SpongeBob (calling himself "Todd") is the receptionist. "Todd" gives Patrick his key, and shows him his room. Patrick doesn't like the way the room is designed and asks SpongeBob to redesign it. All the furniture is now stacked into one large pile, and Patrick, still not satisfied, tells SpongeBob it's probably the walls. The furniture collapses in a heap of sand. Later, there is a tub of water, which SpongeBob calls the pool. Patrick is initially excited, but asks where the diving board is. SpongeBob makes one out of a stool and a plank of wood. When Patrick dives off of it, he hits his head on the side of the tub and falls in. When Patrick is drowning, SpongeBob dresses up as a lifeguard and pulls him out. When Patrick gets hungry, SpongeBob dresses like a french chef and prepares a Krabby Patty on a grill. Just then, Mr. Krabs comes along, requesting payment and a tip. Patrick demands a show to go with his meal, and SpongeBob dances on the table. Patrick dismisses it as "boring". SpongeBob puts his spatula in his head, and makes a pineapple appear, and Patrick dismisses it as "lame". SpongeBob launches the pineapple into the air, where it's sliced in an overhead airplane's turbines. When it lands on a plate, Patrick tells SpongeBob "you are smoking". He means it literally: the Krabby Patty is burning, and a large cloud of black smoke fills the air. Patrick walks out of the smoke like he's opening a door, still hungry. He catches a delicious aroma coming Squidward's home, which turns out to be soup. Squidward puts a bowl on his table, but turns around to get a napkin. When he returns to the table, Patrick's eating his soup. Meanwhile, SpongeBob emerges from the cloud of smoke, presenting a burnt Krabby Patty which soon turns to dust and blows away in the wind. Patrick is nowhere to be found, but he hears Squidward yelling. Patrick seems to think Squidward's house is a hotel, and even plans to go to the spa and get a massage. Squidward angrily explains to him that there is no spa and his house is not a hotel, but SpongeBob gives Patrick the massage he wanted. Patrick suggests Squidward get one as well. Though Squidward is reluctant at first, his shoulder snaps. Squidward then pushes Patrick off the table and asks SpongeBob to give him a massage. After fulfilling Squidward's request, SpongeBob is exhausted and returns home. He goes to bed, but Patrick is in there with him, apparently convinced that SpongeBob's house is also a hotel. The scene changes to Mr. Krabs gargling with mouthwash in the bathroom of his house. When he goes to his bedroom, SpongeBob is sleeping in his hammock. Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob if he's had a nightmare, and if Patrick is in his bed, and SpongeBob says no the former and yes to the latter. Mr. Krabs bids SpongeBob a good night.
- This is second episode of the five episode miniseries.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick go to get a vacation at the vacation place, in the background behind Patrick, you can see a photo of the cruise ship that Mr. Krabs goes on in the sister episode "Walking the Plankton."
- This is the third time Patrick's grill was used as an item. The first was "Naughty Nautical Neighbors." The second was "The Card".
- Goof: When SpongeBob performs his magical appearing pineapple act, he sticks his spatula in one of his pores. In the next scene, where Patrick comments on the performance, it is gone. In the next scene, the spatula has appeared once again.
- Goof: When the pineapple went through the plane's jet, wouldn't it damage the the jet and crash the plane? Also, when the plane chopped it, it should've been completely obliterated.
- The beginning of the episode wasn't seen or mentioned again, like in A SquarePants Family Vacation,Mooncation and Walking the Plankton.
- When Patrick was in the tub, the music from "Ripped Pants" where SpongeBob was washed up can be heard.
- SpongeBob wore the same employee costume from "Krusty Towers."
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs won't let them make Krabby Patties outside of work without paying.
- When Patrick made SpongeBob change the room style, it is similar to what Squidward did in "Krusty Towers" when Squidward made SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs change his room.
- This is one of the few times where SpongeBob transformed the inside of Patrick's house.
- This is another episode in which Patrick's home has more than one room. Previous instances were in "I'm With Stupid", "The Pink Purloiner", "Rule of Dumb" and "Rise and Shine."
- The title card is identical as "Squid Wood" and the same as "Best Frenemies".
- This episode should take place before "SpongeGuard On Duty " and "Slide Whistle Stooges."
- The running gag is SpongeBob dressing up as many different people.
- Squidward doesn't blink when Patrick drinks the soup out of the bowl.
- The 1 HOUR LATER card is the exact same card from Wet Painters, but with different colors.
- When he plays the role of receptionist, SpongeBob calls himself Todd. Todd is one of his relatives; his fifth eldest cousin to be exact.
- This episode has been nominated for an Annie Award.
- Goof: When SpongeBob got out of the burned Krabby Patty, his chef suit had no sleeves even though in the scene before that one, he had sleeves.
- Goof: When SpongeBob put Patrick's seat down, his foot was hurt and flat, but after he put Patrick's bib on, his foot was back to normal.
- Goof: When SpongeBob gave Patrick his room key, they all said 801. This could be because ther is only one room.