|Season 9, Episode 180a|
|Air date||October 27, 2012|
|Written by||Casey Alexander|
Gary's New Toy
- Patrick Star/Patrick Man (Main Protagonist)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail (Cameo)
- Mr. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mrs. Puff
- Harold (Cameo)
- Nat Peterson (Cameo)
- Dirty Bubble (Main Antagonist) (Most of the time in disguise as Mabel)
- Nicholas Whithers (Cameo on SpongeBob's television)
- Mermaid Man (Cameo on SpongeBob's television)
- Barnacle Boy (Cameo on SpongeBob's television)
- Man Ray (Cameo on SpongeBob's television/mentioned)
- Officer John
- Thaddeus (Cameo)
SpongeBob is feeding Gary and is ready to go to work. When he opens the door, he finds Patrick looking pretty sad and he runs in and cries on SpongeBob's couch. SpongeBob wants to know why Patrick is sad, which, Patrick says that SpongeBob is wearing his Krusty Krab hat which means SpongeBob is going to work. Patrick wants a "special happy worky place" as well. SpongeBob asks Patrick what he likes to do, but all Patrick says is "sand." SpongeBob asks Patrick to think about something and he runs out the door leaving for the Krusty Krab. Meanwhile, Patrick is trying to think about something but his head explodes when he thinks too hard. Patrick then sits down and watches the television but only flips through channels. He then stops on a channel with Mermaid Man and Barncle Boy with them defeating Man Ray. Patrick turns off the television set and wonders what to do next. He then steps on a Mermaid Man doll saying "FIGHT EVIL" and Patrick gets an idea. Patrick then goes through a series of steps including putting his underpants over his regular pants, barely putting on a belt, putting an giant ice cream cone on his head, and smearing Sea-Nut Butter on his belly of a backwards "P", thus, Patrick-Man is born. Patrick-Man then runs out of SpongeBob's house (with him also tripping on a rock but then runs again).
Meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is angry at Squidward for doing nothing. Squidward then points out the empty dining room. Mr. Krabs is worried but then, Patrick-Man enters the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs is excited to see Patrick but he tells him that it's Patrick-Man. Squidward then jokes about Patrick's outfit, in which, he and Mr. Krabs laugh at him. SpongeBob joins in the laughter then askes Patrick about his fancy clothes. Patrick explains to SpongeBob that he has found his calling and now he is "Patrick-Man." SpongeBob excited and thinks about telling everyone else but Patrick-Man tells him that his identity must remain a secret. Patrick-Man then starts to head off but returns holding money wanting to buy a Krabby Pattty.
At Bikini Bottom High School, two students show off their papers both making "A's". Patrick-Man overhears them laughing and when they are about to give each other a "high-five," Patrick-Man gets in between them (also getting smacked in the process). Patrick-Man tells the students that violence solves nothing, thinking they were about to fight. One of the students tries to explain to him that they were only giving each other a high-five, but Patrick-Man cuts him off then dashes off. The scene changes over to Mr. Krabs about to walk Mable across the street. However, Mr. Krabs spots a dollar on the ground but then it gets blow away to the other side of the street. Mr. Krabs leaves Mable on the street to go after the dollar with her trapped by the driving cars. Mr. Krabs goes to pick up the dollar but Patrick-Man stops him thinking he was stealing the dollar. Mr. Krabs tries to explain to him that he found the dollar but Patrick-Man doesn't believe him and puts the dollar back on the ground and "flies" off again. Mable then comes and picks up the dollar saying how this is her "luck day." Patrick-Man is then seen eating old donuts from the dumpster at Flipper's Donuts. He hears a cry of help then, after finishing his donuts, goes into action. Patrick-Man arrives at Mrs. Puff's Boating School and spots Mrs. Puff trying to get the door off a boat (with Nat Peterson inside). He thinks Mrs. Puff is trying to break into the boat and then throws a net over her. Mrs. Puff tries to explain that she was only trying to help get the door open to help get Nat out. Patrick-Man doesn't believe her and writes down something on paper and places it on her. He then crawls away when Officer John and the other policemen come to arrest Mrs. Puff (after reading the note saying "Kops!! this is Bote THEEF" from Patrick-Man) for trying to steal a boat. As she is being droven away, Mrs. Puff is furious at Patrick-Man with her being charged for a felony with Nat still in the boat saying "Help."
Back at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is serving a Krabby Patty to Harold. Harold then says that he hopes Patrick-Man won't take that one away. A lady says that he drank her shake thinking it was part of something evil. SpongeBob gets a bit upset saying how Patrick is taking things too far then spots him crawling across the floor. SpongeBob asks him what he is doing but Patrick-Man responds by saying how he is going to unmask one of Bikini Bottom's foes thinking he is somewhere in the Krusty Krab and holds out a note thinking he intercepted a scheme. SpongeBob says it's just a recipe for Toasted Coral Bits and tells Patrick that he is going a bit overboard with his superhero persona. Patrick-Man is upset and jumps off into the dining room hoping to find out where the villain is. He first pulls on Fred's face to no success. He grabs at two more customer's faces but causes them to leave. Mr. Krabs is extreamly upset so he grabs Patrick-Man, but he grabs at Mable's head actually pulling it off revealing the Dirty Bubble (Patrick-Man was actually hoping to unmask Man Ray). Dirty Bubble tells how they have blown his overs and then threatens to attack them. SpongeBob wants to know what to do next then Patrick-Man says how he is going to use his superpowers. Patrick-Man then throws a barrel at the Dirty Bubble but it just goes through him and accidently hits Squidward. The Dirty Bubble laughs at him and Patrick-Man then throws more items at him all to no success (and destroying the inside of the Krusty Krab in the process). Running out of things to throw, Patrick-Man then throws SpongeBob at the Dirty Bubble but he ends up eating SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs scolds at Patrick-Man saying is he going to go after the Dirty Bubble now. Patrick-Man then uses his Pit Punch at the Dirty Bubble but he ends up eating it and hitting SpongeBob. The Dirty Bubble then decides to charge at Patrick-Man but Patrick-Man spots a Krabby Patty on the ground and bends over with his ice cream cone hat popping the Dirty Bubble and freeing SpongeBob. SpongeBob asks for Patrick-Man's autograph and signs it. SpongeBob then asks what he is going to do next but Patrick-Man takes off his ice cream cone hat turning back into regular Patrick again saying he's retiring. Mr. Krabs then asks for Patrick to use his "powers" one last time and hands him a broom and dust pan. Patrick is confused saying "What's this?".
When released, this was a posthumous release for Ernest Borgnine, who voiced Mermaid Man.
- Running Gags: Patrick blaming fish for doing illegal things when what the fish were doing was legal, and Mabel Fish turning her head awkwardly.
- This is Mablel's biggest role, although it could have been the Dirty Bubble the whole time.
- The Marine Dolphins could be based off of the US Marines or the Miami Dolphins football team.
- This is the third appearance of Bikini Bottom High School. Also, this is the first appearance of the high school without Pearl.
- Nicholas Whithers, Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, and Man Ray all appear on SpongeBob's television whenPatrick comes to SpongeBob's House for help. However, Patrick mentions Man Ray when he unmasksMabel Fish, revealing the Dirty Bubble
- Patrick-Man is an obvious parody of Superman.
- Even the title card for this episode has the main colors for Superman: red, blue, and yellow.
- The name Patrick-Man is similar to the name Starfish Man, another one of Patrick's alter egos in the video game Creature from the Krusty Krab.
- Patrick's whimpering face has become an Internet meme.
- This is the second time Patrick wears a cone on his head. The first was in Hall Monitor .
- Patrick is wearing his underwear over his pants. That may be a reference to "Fanboy and Chum Chum".
- When Patrick was getting carried off by Mr. Krabs, it was similar to how he was being carried off by Orin J. Ruffy back in the episode The Great Patty Caper.
- Goof: WhenSpongeBob gave the Krabby Patty to Harold he wasn't wearing a shirt. In the next scene he was wearing a shirt.
- Patrick trying to unmask people (with him eventually unmasking Mabel revealing the Dirty Bubble) is a parody of the villain unmaskings from the Scooby Doo series.