|Pet Sitter Pat|
|Season 8, Episode 164b|
|Air date||September 16, 2011|
|Written by||Casey Alexander|
House Sittin' for Sandy
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star (Possible Antagonist)
- Gary the Snail
- Funny (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Grandma SquarePants
SpongeBob gets mail and has a letter from Grandma telling him that his grandmother is getting older, so he decides to go. But then, SpongeBob remembers that he needs to take care of Gary. Later on, SpongeBob asks his best friend Patrick if he can take care of Gary while he is gone, and Patrick accepts. While SpongeBob is at his grandmother's, he gets distracting visions about bad things happening to Patrick and Gary. Once SpongeBob is anxious enough, he calls home numerous amounts of times to check and see how the two are doing. A couple of times, the two were in trouble, but SpongeBob "though" they were fine [and laughing and having fun.] But the next time he calls, they are really actually having fun, but SpongeBob mistakes them for being in "danger." SpongeBob quickly ends his grandmother's birthday and rushes home to see what the fuss is about, so he arrives home after a long, tiring run and sees that his house is destroyed and filled with water when he opens the door. He walks upstairs to the sound of Gary's 'meowing' and sees Gary reading "Snail Stories" to Patrick. SpongeBob said how nice it was the Gary was reading Patrick the book but Patrick replies thinking the book was actually called "Meow, meow."
- This is paired with "Barnacle Face" although it was confirmed by Nick scheduled that "Sittin' For Sandy" would be paired with it. They changed this later on.
- Patrick was talking to his "new" friend, Funny the Puddle.
- This makes Patrick the second person SpongeBob hires as Gary's pet sitter. The first was Squidward in "I Was a Teenage Gary".
- Apparently SpongeBob has a phone next to the TV.
- It seems that the Coral Balls are bad for your stomach as Patrick went to the bathroom for awhile after having just a few of them.
- There's a scallop in the cage also seen in "Help Wanted", "Missing Identity" "Night Light" and "Pineapple Fever."
- This is the second time Gary stays with Patrick, the first was in "Dumped."
- Apparently SpongeBob has a storage room/pantry that hasn't appeared in any episodes before this one.
- SpongeBob can be seen swimming in this episode and its partner episode, Barnacle Face. Although it was previously shown that he couldn't swim. It's possible Larry's swiming training worked out.
- Fourth appearance of Grandma. 1st was Grandma's Kisses, 2nd was BlackJack & 3rd was The Abrasive Side.
- This is the second time Gary was forced to take a bath he didn't want. The first was in "Gary Takes A Bath."
- In SpongeBob's flashback, Gary looks up after Patrick drops him even though Gary doesn't look up.
- When Patrick sprays water on Gary with a hose, he says, "If you don't want to go to the bath, then the bath's coming to you." This is similar to SpongeBob in Gary Takes a Bath, when he says, "If I can't bring you (Gary) to the bath, then I'll just have to bring the bath to you."
- When Patrick stupidly tries to clean Gary with a flamer, he burns SpongeBob's bed to ashes but in the end of the episode his bed is only destroyed in the flood and is seen again at the end of this episode
- This is the second time Gary appears on the title card,with the 1st being Oral Report
- This episode actually features Patrick and Gary as the main characters.
- This is the second time Patrick eat's Gary's snail food. The first was in Have You Seen This Snail?.
- Gator - SpongeBob asks Patrick to take care of Gary.
- Seaweed - "Looks like it's just you and me."
- Vibe Sting - "Wait a minute, Patrick."
- Steel Sting - A can falls on Gary.
- Happy Home - #1 - SpongeBob reads the letter from Grandma SquarePants.
- Drama Link (d) - #1 - Squidward screams.
- Twelth Street Rag - Squidward refuses to take care of Gary.
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Gary sighs.
- Flower Display - Grandma SquarePants serves dessert.
- Cloak and Danger - SpongeBob asks to use the phone.
- Befuddled Gent - Patrick answers the phone.
- Tom Fool - SpongeBob calls Patrick again.
- Drama Link (c) - "Hey buddy, I got something cool to show you."
- Cliffhanger 1 - A hairdryer is shown.
- Rasping Brass - "There, doesn't that feel better?"
- Unsettled Menace - SpongeBob's house is flooding.
- Tipsy Turvy - "If you wanted another bath, why didn't you ask?"
- Untitled Tune - SpongeBob serves cake.
- Drama Link (d) - #2 - SpongeBob imagines his house on fire.
- Happy Boy - SpongeBob asks to use the phone again.
- Armed Attack - #1 - "Everything okay over there?"
- Happy Home - #2 - Grandma SquarePants tries to blow out the candles.
- Armed Attack - #2 - SpongeBob runs home.