Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|Season 1, Episode 6b|
|Air date||August 21, 1999|
|Written by||Steve Fonti|
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Krabs
- Bubble Bass (debut, antagonist)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Krusty Krab Customers
- Nancy (cameo)
- Tina (cameo)
- Jennifer (cameo)
- Sheldon (cameo)
- Martha Smith (debut)
- Billy (lime fish) (debut, two cameos)
- Nathiel (debut in cameo)
- Harv (debut in cameo)
- Paco (debut in cameo)
- Lloyd (debut in cameo)
- Halbert (debut in brief cameo)
- Jennifer-Millie (debut)
It is an average day at the Krusty Krab, until an overweight bass named Bubble Bass comes along and makes a tricky order. SpongeBob quickly serves him, but then Bubble Bass complains about there being no pickles on the patty, much to SpongeBob's horror.
Mr. Krabs takes it out of his pay because Bubble Bass reads the microscopic print below the menu that says: "Money Back Guarantee" on it. SpongeBob loses his confidence (and his mind), and cannot remember how to do anything. Mr. Krabs tells him to go home and get some rest. He has Squidward take over the grill, which leads to disaster, with Squidward burning all the food (including milkshakes) and driving away customers.
Mr. Krabs is worried about losing money, so he goes to SpongeBob's house, where everything is mixed up (such as eggs being nailed to the walls). The music and SpongeBob's speech are both mixed up too. Mr. Krabs explains to SpongeBob that if he remembers how to make a Krabby Patty, he will be back in order. It takes days, but SpongeBob eventually learns how to make a Krabby Patty properly again (unintentionally due to believing he could not do it).
He returns to the Krusty Krab, where Bubble Bass confronts him again. SpongeBob serves him his meal confidently, but Bubble Bass announces again that there are no pickles. However, SpongeBob reveals that Bubble Bass has been hiding the pickles under his tongue the whole time to avoid paying, as well as one woman's car keys. Bubble Bass runs away, and everyone cheers at SpongeBob's return. SpongeBob then wants three cheers for Squidward for taking his place while he was gone. However, the crowds jeers instead of cheers, but SpongeBob assumes they're cheering. The last jeer then goes: "Boo, you stink!" before the episode ends.
- Associated production music
The following is a list of music tracks used in the episode.
- The Gunfighter- Franco Micalizzi, Roberto Predagio (title card)
- The Achterhoek Dances- Jan Rap (opening)
- Fight and Chase- Sammy Burdson (Bubble Bass introduced)
- The Gunfighter- Franco Micalizzi, Roberto Predagio ("I hear talk you make a mean Krabby Patty.")
- The Eternal Wave- The Langhorns (Bubble Bass eats the patty)
- Action Cut A- Gregor F. Narholz ("You forgot the pickles!")
- The Gypsy Violinist- Dick Stephen Walter (SpongeBob looking for the pickles)
- Sailor's Waltz- Heinz Matschurat (money back guarantee)
- Martial Links- Sam Fonteyn (SpongeBob forgets how to make Krabby Patties)
- Dramatic Stabs- John Fox ("The front door is missing!")
- Hawaiian Farewell- George Elliott (SpongeBob at home)
- On the Beach- Kapono Beamer (that night)
- The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka- Chelmsford Folk Band (burnt Krabby Patties)
- Captain Lenoe's- Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie ("I got to get SpongeBob back!")
- Dancing the Hula- Kapono Beamer (played backwards when Krabs visits SpongeBob)
- Chinese Past 2- Yew Phoon (gong)
- Nirvana- Somasundram Yasotha ("If you learn to make a Krabby Patty again...")
- Troop Movement- Sam Fonteyn (several days pass)
- The Stranger in Town- Tony Kinsey (SpongeBob returns to the Krusty Krab)
- Bandits- Andy Allan, Martyn Laight (pickles under Bubble Bass's tongue)
- Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie (ending)
- It is revealed that Krusty Krab has a "Money Back Guarantee" written on the Galley Grub, only with a literally microscopic font size, probably so they dont notice it and nobody gets there money back.
- This episode revealed that Bubble Bass has a big tounge and that he can store things under it
- When Bubble Bass is examining the first Krabby Patty SpongeBob serves him and shuffles all the ingredients, each is individually visible. The pickles are, indeed missing.
- When SpongeBob talks to Mr. Krabs, he speaks in improper grammar, then later, he spoke with perfect grammar.
- Bubble Bass is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker but did not get credited for this episode.
- Before SpongeBob makes the second Krabby Patty, he looks at his reflection in the spatula. In all other episodes his spatula has slits, but here it is solid.
- This episode and "Help Wanted" are the only two that show SpongeBob's bed is on the right side of his room.
- Title card was used for Gullible Pants and A Day Without Tears.
- When SpongeBob confronts Bubble Bass at the end of the episode, the Krusty Krab has no tables
- Despite the fact the Mr. Krabs is terrible at making Krabby Patties, he actually knows the ingredients and if necessary, has the secret formula.
- In this episode, SpongeBob says the ingredients of the Krabby Patty, although he does not mention the secret ingredient. In Plankton!, SpongeBob also lists the parts of the patty. One theory behind this is that the secret sauce is an ingredient in the secret patty batter, which makes the patties. This is further supported in Friend or Foe.
- When SpongeBob regains his knowledge of making Krabby Patties, the order of his ingredients is switched around. For example, at the beginning of the episode, he had ketchup and mustard immediately following the patty, but when he unknowingly makes a Krabby Patty correctly in front of Mr. Krabs, the ketchup and mustard are more towards the top.
- It is unknown why Mr. Krabs printed "Money Back Guarantee" in microscopic print on the menu. It is probably because it is illegal to not give refunds, so he wrote it that small so he could keep the money, and avoid being arrested.
- The way SpongeBob messed up the order of ingredients is this:
- Bun, ketchup, mustard.
- Bun, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, mustard.
- Bun, mustard, bun.
- Bun, mustard, bun, ketchup.
- Bun, mustard, bun, ketchup, shoe, mustard, pan, bun
- When SpongeBob asks where his house is, Mr. Krabs points north, even though that way leads to the Chum Bucket.
- This is the 6th episode with its name in it.
- For the 4th time, Patrick does not appear.
- Bun, Patty, Lettuce, Cheese, Onion, Tomato, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle, And Top Bun is called The Jerk Patty
- When the crowd boos Squidward the 4th time, a fish shouts, "Boo! You Stink!" That line was carried over from "Fools in April" only adding "Boo!"
- This is the first appearance of Bubble Bass. He appears again in "F.U.N" with no lines at all.
- The line from this episode "He burnt my shake!" has became a popular Internet meme.
- When SpongeBob is leaving the Krusty Krab after Mr. Krabs shows him the door, he says "Sorry about that, Mr. Krabs. This pickle thing has got my head all messed up." However, his mouth movements don't match up when he says "messed." Instead, SpongeBob was actually supposed to say "screwed up". The original line was most likely removed for being slightly inappropriate.
- When Mr. Krabs says " we got Squidward" the cash register sound is heard, along with Squidward's hand near the register, but there is no customer. However, it is possible he was trying to steal the money from the register, or he was checking to see how much money was in there.
- Bubble Bass later appears in F.U.N., Fools in April and Plankton's Good Eye.
- This is the 1st time SpongeBob is scared to make Krabby Patties.
- This is the 1st time Krabby Patties come out of SpongeBob's paycheck. 2nd will be in The Curse of the Hex.
- When Mr. Krabs goes to SpongeBob's house to visit him, the current background music is heard playing reversed or in a different way . Most likely this was to reference SpongeBob's actions after he forgot how to make a Krabby Patty, how he also forgot how to use words in a sentence correctly, and also how his house was "decorated".
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob 'loses it'.
- In this episode it is revealed that SpongeBob wakes up at 7.
- The 'stare off' between Bubblebass and SpongeBob is a obvious reference to the 1966 Italian film 'The good the bad and the ugly'
- In this episode, on the Galley Grub, Krabby Patty is incorrectly spelled out as "Krabby Pattie."
- The way SpongeBob makes a Krabby Patty is similar to a song from a McDonald's commercial: "Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepickleonionsonasesemeseedbun."
- Closed captions misspell "Bubble Bass" as "Bubble Bath".
- When SpongeBob is going back to the Krusty Krab, he is wearing his hat. When he looks into the spatula, it is gone. It reappears in all other scenes.
- When SpongeBob looks into the spatula, the spatula has no holes through it. However in the rest of the scene his spatula does have holes through it.
- When SpongeBob is trying to remember how to get into bed, he says "Mattress, mattress", but he has 3 mattresses.
- When SpongeBob says "I'm right here Bubble Bass", SpongeBob's footsteps can be heard, even though he does not take any steps at all.
- When Suzie says "And there's my car keys!" after SpongeBob shows the bottom of Bubble Bass's tongue, there are no car keys visible.
- When the fish saying, "BOO, you stink!" to Squidward, SpongeBob gave 4 cheers instead of 3.
- On a close-up of the menu, Krabby Patty is spelled, Krabby Pattie.
- When SpongeBob says "roar", closed caption says, "right". It was fixed in the DVD version of SpongeBob SquarePants: Sea Stories. The next paragraph is the same thing.
- When Bubble Bass says "Afraid not", captions says "Free".
- After the fish gasp and the whole school of fish is zooming up, at the bottom center-left a fish is sitting at a table.
- When Mr. Krabs first unrolls the blue mat of Krabby Patty ingredients, the ketchup bottle is significantly smaller than the mustard. After the passage of several days, it is equal to the mustard in size.
- When SpongeBob said, "I got it!", the onions were replaced with cheese, and in the next scene the cheese was replaced with onions.
- When Mr.Krabs says "SpongeBob" when he goes to his home, his white undershirt will missing.
- When Bubble Bass says, "You lose" John don't have a mouth.