|Plankton's Good Eye|
|Season 8, Episode 163b|
|Air date||September 23, 2011|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
Mermaid Man Begins
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- Sandy Cheeks (cameo)
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
- Larry (cameo)
- Tom (cameo)
- Old Man Jenkins (2 cameos)
Time Cards Shown
- Approximately 10 hours later
- possibly before Pickles
The episode begins with Mr. Krabs at his desk and whistling with pickles. SpongeBob enters and they briefly discuss Mr. Krabs' obsession with money. Then they both leave the room. Plankton pops out of a pickle jar. He hops on top of the secret formula's safe and attempts to open it. It doesn't open, even after Plankton studied the combination. Plankton soon falls off onto the floor. Mr. Krabs bursts in and, mistaking Plankton for a pickle and eats him, making Plankton bruised and injured all over. Approximately ten hours later, Plankton arrives at the Chum Bucket, when Karen suggests that Plankton should get a th eye third to see the safe's combination more clearly as she states that with only one eye, he lacks depth perception. The two eye surgery Plankton attempts results in him turning into a creature with many eyes that combine to make one huge eye. On the second try, Plankton`s new eye turns into an eye-creature with robotic legs. Finally, Karen says Plankton needs teardrops successfully complete the procedure, so he makes himself cry only to be told by Karen that he needs teardrops from a person that has two eyes. So Plankton pursues SpongeBob to get him to cry. After finding him having a picnic, Plankton tells SpongeBob a sad story about himself and his milk spilling and Plankton actually did so what happened in the story, causing Patrick to cry uncontrollably. Plankton gets the tear sample he sought after and begins the third surgery, in which Karen drops SpongeBob's tear liquid into Plankton's eye. An eye similar to one of SpongeBob's sprouts from his face, and Plankton sees things as SpongeBob does, that is, all happy and full of optimism. He goes after the secret formula, but instead stops to admire the beauty of his surroundings.
When Plankton arrives again at the Chum Bucket near the end of the day, Karen realizes that the second eye is giving Plankton a split personality, calling him "Niceevil". Plankton is stubborn and denies her claim, however, and tries to disprove her by stealing the formula, but Plankton is, once again, distracted by Bubble Bass, who was in need of a rescue from a burning building. After the rescue, Plankton randomly finds the formula on the ground and returns it to Mr. Krabs like a nice person, but Mr. Krabs, however, thinks Plankton is playing a trick. It is now that Krabs finally realizes that he actually is non-evil, and he tries to remove the eye several times but fails.
Plankton returns to the Chum Bucket and falls into despair. However, a surprise party is thrown for Plankton's good deeds. It seems that everybody in town is at the party. As SpongeBob hugs Plankton, the second eye falls off. Plankton becomes evil again and drives out the party-goers with red infrared lasers. The episode ends with Plankton bumping his head on the door because of his depth-perception issues caused by having only one eye.
- First appearance of Bubble Bass since Fools in April.
- This episode shows that Spongebob is aware of Mr. Krabs' obsession with money.
- The eye in the title card looks similar to Gary's Eye.
- There is a new title card that appears in this episode.
- This is the second time eyes appear in a title card. The first was The Googly Artiste.
- This is the 17th appearance of Old Man Jenkins. The 1st was Hall Monitor. The 2nd was Hooky. The 3rd was Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III. The 4th was Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm. The 5th was The Bully. The 6th was Krusty Krab Training Video. The 7th was The Sponge Who Could Fly. The 8th was The SpongoBob SquarePants Movie. The 9th was Enemy In-Law. The 10th was Mrs. Puff, You're Fired. The 11th was Slimy Dancing. The 12th was SpongeHenge. The 13th was Single Cell Anniversary. The 14th was I Heart Dancing. The 15th was The Inside Job. The 16th was Sweet and Sour Squid. The 18th was Bubble Buddy Returns. The 19th was For Here or to Go. The 20th was It's a SpongeBob Christmas!
- In this episode, Plankton was half-evil and half-nice, which came up with "Neevil".
- The "Approximately 10 hours later" card is similar to the title card of The Algae's Always Greener.
- Plankton was shown to be horrible at playing darts in this episode (until he had a new eye).
- Spongebob has a rainbow lunchbox.
- Mr. Krabs seems to like pickles.
- Inside of Spongebob, along with the spare milk carton, there was a pie.
- Second time there were happy jumping objects, but in color. The first was Truth or Square.
- This is the fourth time Karen had a face on her monitor, first time was The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, seocnd time was Single Cell Anniversary and the third time was Walking the Plankton, and the fifth time was Karen 2.0.
- There may be a possible reference to the M-rated video game Resident Evil 4. When Plankton does experiments to create a third eye, a second eye comes out of his mouth (similar to Osmund Saddler from Resident Evil 4); and when an eye grows a spider-like body, similar to Saddler's final form. The latter however could also be a reference to H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds.
- This is the second time Plankton absorbs Spongebob's DNA.The first time was in The Inside Job.
- This is the 4th appearance of Bubble Bass. The 1st was Pickles, the 2nd was F.U.N. & the 3rd was Fools in April.
- This is the 2nd time Plankton eats ice cream. The 1st was in Walking Small.
- The title card music is the same as Sentimental Sponge, Oral Report & House Sittin' for Sandy.
- This marks the second time Bubble Bass sits on Plankton. The first was in F.U.N.
- Plankton at the end chased everybody out with "infrared" lasers, but if they were really infrared, they would be impossible to see.(the prefix "infra" means below or lower than, so it means a color beyond the lowest color preception (red) a human can see)
- When Plankton tries to open Mr. Krabs' safe, he tries to pull it open from the wrong side, so even if he knew the combination, he couldn't have gotten it open.
- This episode is similar to the comic strip Patclops when Plankton wants three eyes, but in the comic, everyone gets two eyes like Plankton.
- This is the first episode for a female character to step on Plankton, Squidward is shown squashing him underfoot. On Pest of the West, Mrs. Puff is one of the people who lines up to step on Dead Eye Plankton.
- It was unknown why Bubble Bass couldn't clear the fire himself since he had a large soda with him. The whole soda couldn't put out the fire but Bubble Bass could have a possible chance of escaping.
- Also, along with the top fact, when Bubble Bass jumps out of the window, Plankton offers to catch him. But since of Plankton's smallness, it didn't make a difference if Bubble Bass fell out of the window with nobody catching him. So Bubble Bass would be fine by just jumping out of the window.
- In real life, Plankton wouldn't have inherited SpongeBob's personality because your personality is not in your eyes.