Time cards shown:
- Eight Hours Later
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Nat Peterson (largest role so far and first name revealed)
- Karen Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Two Paramedics
- Harold (cameo)
- Thaddeus (cameo)
- Dale (cameo)
Plankton is once again complaining about how he has no customers, with Karen being annoyed by the constant whining. Nat Peterson, instantly comes in and asks for a Chum Stick. Plankton at first thinks he is kidding, then Nat says he was serious, then gives Nat the Chum Stick. After Nat eats the Chum Stick, he says the Chum Stick was so good, he would come back the next day. Plankton is overjoyed at the fact, and brags to Karen, who is barely shaken by the fact (A possible clue that Karen is actually paying Nat.) Plankton decides to wait with a Chum Stick for Nat. Eight hours later, Plankton wakes up by the clock and realizes it's closing time, and concludes that it was not true that Nat was coming back. However, at that moment, Nat appears. Plankton gives him the chum he had been saving, which Nat thinks is perfect after he looks like it was a very appalling meal. Nat says he will come back the next day and the next week, telling Plankton he has a regular customer on his hands. At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is bowling, using his money as the bowling balls and pins. Plankton appears, and Mr. Krabs tries to squish him with a spoon. Plankton assures Mr. Krabs that he doesn't need to compete with the Krusty Krab anymore since he now has a regular customer. Mr. Krabs laughs at him, and shows off all his customers eating Krabby Patties. Then Nat appears asking Plankton for another Chum Stick in front of Mr. Krabs. Nat carries Plankton back to the Chum Bucket, with Plankton mocking Mr. Krabs and insulting him. Mr. Krabs explains the situation to SpongeBob, and orders him to get Nat to eat food from the Krusty Krab and not at the Chum Bucket. Every attempt is unsuccessful, first when SpongeBob simply shows Nat a Krabby Patty, which Nat immediately doesn't like just by smelling it, secondly, SpongeBob fakes a trip off of a rock holding Nat and pretending the Krabby Patty is coming straight for his mouth, thirdly, SpongeBob transforms into Karen and pretends to give Nat a chum stick which is a Krabby Patty, he ties up and gags Karen so they won't notice him, fourthly, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob trick Nat into going into a shortcut leading to the Chum Bucket which really leads to the Krusty Krab, they make chum Nat doesn't like. Mr. Krabs bursts into tears, saying that he cannot afford Plankton to have even just one customer. SpongeBob says that if he wants Nat to eat at the Krusty Krab, he will have to make chum as good as Plankton. This gives Mr. Krabs the idea to steal the chum recipe.
That night, Mr. Krabs sneaks into the Chum Bucket trying to steal Plankton's recipe but Plankton catches him with the spoon security system. SpongeBob then grabs Plankton and starts talking about irony of the situation, but Plankton then uses the spoon security system on SpongeBob. After Plankton reveals the name of his system, Karen shows, on screen, that Nat is heading for the Chum Bucket with a fortune. Nat comes back telling Plankton that the Chum made him sick twice, since Nat only pretended to like the food so Karen would pay him, SO that Plankton should stop his self complaining, Because of this Plankton once again feels miserable again, and realizes that he never had a regular customer. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs to escape, but he decides to stay and laugh at Plankton's misery, which enjoys seeing Plankton cry.
- Nat Peterson has his biggest role yet in an episode.
- Plankton appears to have someone who finally likes his chum but it turns out Karen payed Nat to eat it.
- This is probably Nat's biggest role yet.
- This is one of the few episodes to have a background fish (Nat) to be a part of the story.
- This episode mainly focuses on Plankton and Nat, being one of the few episodes to have SpongeBob as a minor character. Some other episodes that have Spongebob as a minor character are Plankton's Army, Rise and Shine and Komputer Overload .
- The first clue that Nat hated Plankton's Chum was when Mr. Krabs made Nat eat his brand of chum. When Nat ate the new chum, he said that it was the "second foulest thing he had ever tasted," so that might mean that Plankton's chum was the most foul thing he had ever tasted. That means he hated the Chum Bucket's chum more than the Krusty Krab's chum.
- This also proves that Plankton can't even make chum better than Mr. Krabs, which is the only thing he is good at making.
- The second clue that Nat hated Plankton's chum was when the second time Nat came to the Chum Bucket, Nat looked like he hated it, but he lied and said "It's perfection!"
- Irony: Mr. Krabs didn't like how Plankton had just one customer, but he already has lots of loyal customers, so it would be imposible to worry about just one.
- The third clue is that he said he dosen't like Krabby Patties and that he dosen't have any friends but in one scene he can be seen sitting at the Krusty Krab eating a Krabby Patty with other people.
- At the beginning when Plankton is crying, he is on the floor. In the next scene, he is on Karen.
- Error: When Mr. Krabs was showing his customers to plankton, Nat was seen in the background as a customer. Maybe it's because he was just comming to get plankton as he knew he was at the krusty krab.
- Numerous times throughout the series Nat was shown liking Krabby Patties, this could be because Karen also payed him to lie about disliking krabby patties just as much as he lied about liked chum.
- In Missing Identity when Nat was at work, they said his name was Peaterson. It has now been conferemed that that was his last name.
- Running Gag: Nat getting chum, and Spongebob and patrick trying to get him to eat krabby patties.
- The second time Nat comes in it doesn't show him walking in through the door.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs steals other formulas. The first being in Best Frenemies.
- When SpongeBob tries feeding Nat the Krabby Patty, the cheese is missing in the next scene.
- Nat does not reveal his name to Plankton, but Plankton somehow already knows it.
- This episode was on the SpongeBob vs. The Big One DVD.
- If you listen closely, Nat stutters a little bit when he "confirms" that he likes Plankton's chum to Karen (SpongeBob).
- The title card is the same as "Skill Crane" except it's green.
- When Nat came to the Chum Bucket the second time, he ate two chum sticks, but he only payed for one.
- Nat could have been throwing up in the trailer he was in before he saw the secret entrance to the Chum Bucket.
- Plankton started waiting Nat at 10:00 a.m. and ended at 5:57 p.m. That's 3 minutes before closing time for both the Chum Bucket and the Krusty Krab.
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs steals something from someone. First was in Life of Crime where he stoleSandy's hedge-clippers, Plankton's lawnmower, Mrs. Puff's hair curlers (he claims it was a gift), and other things like a towel from the Sizzling Spring Sauna. The second was in Spy Buddies where he stole his own formula for the first (and probably last) time, considering Mr. Krabs and Plankton "switched objectives". (Plankton guards the formula, while Mr. Krabs tries to steal it).
- This is the forty fourth time Squidward didn't appear.
- This is the fifty fifth time Patrick doesn't appear.
- The dollar that Nat gave to Plankton disappeared after Nat left.
- This is the second time SpongeBob was caught by Plankton while he's talking. The first time is "Goo Goo Gas".
- When Nat opens the door to the Chum Bucket, SpongeBob was on the ground. SpongeBob was offering Nat a Krabby Patty, but Nat did not want it. When Nat opened the door, he peeled some of SpongeBob's skin off, which scared younger viewers.
- When Plankton asks Nat that if he had any friends, Nat said no. However, Nat has been seen with other Bikini Bottomites in other episodes. Again, he could have been lying to Plankton.
- When Karen is shown taped to the wall, there is tape over her screen, which restricts her speech even though she has no mouth.
- This is the first episode to have one of the Bikini Bottomites as one of the main characters, in this episode's case, Nat Peterson. The second is Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful where Officer John is one of the main characters.
APM music identification
- Emotion Blues - Plankton is upset about not having any customers.
- Tympup A [a Hawaiian sting plays at the same time] - Nat asks for a chum stick.
- Background Blues - Played every time Nat comes into the Chum Bucket.
- On the Beach - Kapono Beamer (Plankton waiting for Nat to come back)
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ("It's closing time.")
- Verve - "At last I've got my revenge!"
- Achterhoek Dances, The - At the Krusty Krab.
- Drama Link (d) - Plankton appears.
- Keel Row - Krabs laughs.
- The Rake Hornpipe - Nat refuses to eat a Krabby Patty.
- Vibe Sting - "A shortcut to the Chum Bucket?"
- Tripping Upstairs - Krusty Krab chum
- Hawaiian Cocktail - "It's the second foulest thing I've ever tasted!"
- Wargames Linking Section (g) - "What do you think, Krabs baby?"
- Guerilla Warfare - "Triple irony, Plankton!"
- Steel Sting - Plankton groans.
- Wargames Linking Section (f) - "Good thing I sprang for the dual spoon installation."
- Verve - Karen senses Nat approaching.