SpongeBob wakes up one morning and looks out the window. He asks Gary about ever wondering what Patrick does every morning. Then, you see Patrick asleep on his chair. The alarm clock rings and he becomes startled. He hides and realizes that it was something that happened every day. Then, the alarm clock continues ringing and Patrick says that the joke is over. He then draws Spongebob's face on his pillow and places his underwear on it to represent his best friend, SpongeBob. He asks PillowBob about the noise and then the pillow falls on the alarm clock. It continues and he gets angry and attacks the lamp and rips it in half. Then, it is time for breakfast. He goes to the refrigerator and many cans come out of it. Patrick thinks that he has nothing to eat, but he figures out that the food is in the can. So, he takes a plate and asks the can to give him some food. But the can doesn't respond. Patrick tries to open it and gets frustrated and he throws it and it lands on the alarm clock and the food comes out. So, Patrick grabs the food and sits down to watch television. He eats the food, but the ringing alarm clock comes out again and he realizes that he is late. So, he runs downstairs, but trips on the broken lamp and falls down the stairs. He crashes through his dresser and his shorts are put on. Then, he falls again and he goes through the bathroom and grabs the toothbrush. Then, he pops out of his rock and SpongeBob asks about his morning. Patrick said he just had another normal morning.
- This is the third episode that SpongeBob dissapeared for about 90% of the whole episode, making Rise and Shine as one of SpongeBob's smallest appearance in an episode ever, after Plankton's Army and New Leaf.
- This is the fourth episode we see Patrick's living room. The first was I'm with Stupid, the second was Rock-a-Bye Bivalve and the third was Rule of Dumb.
- Bikini Bottom Live is similar to Coral TV
- When Patrick tumbles down the stairs, you can still see his rock ceiling, even though he was still in the "basement".
- In the Italian version this episode is called "Il risveglio di Patrick" which means "the awakening of Patrick"
- The controversial sea anemone was seen in this episode.
- On Netflix and TV providers (such as DIRECT TV), when this episode is paired with the episode Waiting, the title is, "Rise and Shine & Waiting".
- This is one of the episodes where SpongeBob is not the main character.
- The food in Patrick's can is coral, which he is seen eating. In "Pizza Delivery", coral isn't considered a food.
- This signaled the return of three-pairing episodes, which previously hadn't been seen since the very first season.
- In this episode, Patrick said, "A clean mouth is a happy mouth." This means he likes to be clean. But in the episode "The Battle of Bikini Bottom", he does not like being clean at all.
- This is the first triple episode since Season 1.
- While the coral is on the clock, it should have been shaking since it is still ringing.
- Patrick said "I got to put on my teeth and brush my pants!" which he actually got the object of each phrase backwards.
- If Patrick wanted to stop the alarm clock, he should've pressed the stop button. But again, this is because of Patrick's stupidity.
- This is the second episode that has a title card close to where it says the credits, the first was "Ugh"
- The title of this episode parodies the song title: "The Lord told Noah that there will be a floody floody."
- When Patrick says " I got to put on my teeth...", it sounds like he has dentures. However, we know that's not true. However, in "A Friendly Game", we find out that Squidward has dentures, not Patrick and in The Main Drain he losses a baby tooth. After that, he said he needed to brush his pants, so he must have gotten them mixed up in his haste.
- SpongeBob, Patrick, and Gary are the only characters who appear in this episode.
- This episode only uses 2 voice actors: Tom Kenny (SpongeBob and Gary) and Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick).
- SpongeBob and Patrick are both seen naked in this episode.
- When Patrick stumbles down the stairs, Gary can be heard even though he was with SpongeBob in the beginning.
- This episode may imply that this is how Patrick always starts his day.
APM Music Identification
- Dramatic Cue H - Patrick beats up a lamp.