|Season 7, Episode 138b|
|Air date||February 6, 2010|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
The Play's the Thing
Gramma's Secret Recipe
Note: These shown cards are showed in the episode while singing "That's A Rodeo". They were shown at least 3 times.
- Yippee Ti Yay
- Yippee Te yo
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- Bikini Bottomites
- Phill (cameo)
- Lenny (cameo)
- Evelyn (cameo)
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
- Randy Cheeks(mentioned)
It starts in a plain where the narrator is trying to find someone, then he sees SpongeBob, who is having a staring contest with Patrick. SpongeBob tells Patrickhe's a great starer, to which Patrick responds, "I thought we were having a blinking contest and I was losing." A bottle then falls from above and gets stuck in SpongeBob's forehead. It is addressed to Sandy, so they go to her house, but SpongeBob can't get Sandy's door open, so Patrick gets out a book titled, How to Open Things. He looks through it and finds Sandy's door. It says to open to the left. SpongeBob says he was opening to the right. Patrick goes to open the door but then Sandykarate-chops it open, and starts hitting SpongeBob and Patrick until her chops knock the letter out of the bottle. Sandy reads it and says it's from her twin brother, Randy and that the rodeo is in town and she has to go to Texas to defend her title. SpongeBob asks, "Your title for what?"Sandy asks if he has cotton in his ears. Patrick states that it is actually an old moldy piece of a Krabby Patty which he then eats. They then start guessing what her title was for: "Jellyfishing","Kah-rah-tay", "The science fair", She responds "no" to all of these and tells them it's the rodeo. SpongeBob asks what a rodeo is, and then Sandy breaks into a song explaining it. She ends by telling them about rodeo clowns that make you laugh when you're feeling sad, andSpongeBob is horrified by this. Sandy's suit transforms into a rocket somehow, and she goes to Texas. SpongeBob tries to get people to save her, but they refuse even Patrick by saying "NO MORE TIGHT JEANS!" So he captures them in bubbles while they're sleeping. When they wake up, they're in SpongeBob's house. Squidward gets upset and walks out the door, but falls as the pineapple is in a bubble. Everyone else walks out too and falls. They arrive in Texas to see Sandy riding a bullfrog. SpongeBob says hi to her, and she falls off losing the rodeo. The bullfrog jumps at the bubble and it pops, then Sandy has to save SpongeBob from the frog, and she does but angrily tells SpongeBob to leave the rodeo to her next time, and SpongeBob replies, "Aw, nuts!"
APM Music Identification
- Drama Link D - SpongeBob's face is too close to the screen.
- Drama Link B - "Sandy's in trouble, and I need all of your help to save her from the dangers of the rodeo. THERE ARE CLOWNS THERE!!!."
- This episode has not aired in Canada yet due to an error where the episodes "Gramma's Secret Recipe/The Cent of Money" play instead.
- This is the third episode that has to do with the west. The first episode is "Texas", and the second is "Pest of the West".
- When SpongeBob was blowing a super bubble at Squidward's house, his right window was open, but in a few scenes later, his right window is closed.
- This is the second time a title card does not have the usual font, first was "Pest of the West".
- Bull-Frog riding is an obvious parody of bull-riding, a common event at rodeos.
- When the bubble was popped in the middle of the rodeo by the bullfrog, the live action version of Sandy andMr. Krabs are seen for the second time, and SpongeBob and Patrick for the third.
- SpongeBob was shown as a kitchen sponge, Patrick was shown as a real starfish, Mr. Krabs as a real crab, Sandy as a real squirrel, Gary as a real land snail, and the Bikini Bottomites as several types of different fish.
- Patrick's book How to Open Things was said to be a film when Patrick says to SpongeBob he has never read the book and SpongeBob says he's seen the film.
- Thie episode reveals that Sandy has a twin brother named Randy.
- This is the second time the group were shown as live action figures, the first was "Pressure".
- This is the second time a real snail appeared in the show, the first was "Dumped".
- There are two scenes in this episode that feature photos of real animals. The first was when Sandy is singing about rodeos and cows are singing along with her. The second was when everyone arrives in Texas.
- When Squidward is walking to get out of SpongeBob's House in the bubble he has his pajamas on but when he falls in the bubble he has his typical clothes on.
- When the bullfrog is going to hit Spongebob and the others Gary is not in the bubble.