Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Bikini Bottomites
- Sun Beathe Nazz
- Bus Driver
- Larry the Lobster (brief cameo)
SpongeBob and Patrick plan to go to the beach for the entire day, which they get to taking the bus. As they play on the beach, they inadvertently destroy the life guard tower. The life guard, angry, suggests they play in the sand somewhere else.
Later on, the two decide to build sand castles. After spongebob destroys patricks sand castle, SpongeBob draws a dividing line between them to end their dispute, but in vain. Patrick builds a castle on top of the line. SpongeBob damages the latter castle, only for Patrick to retaliate by destroying his again.
SpongeBob recontructs his castle, but to a massive scale that rivals the size of an actual castle. Patrick responds by building one of his own. SpongeBob, hoping to avoid an all-out war writes a peace treaty. Patrick signs it, but later changes his mind, saying it "isn't worth the sand it's printed on." and fires an arrow at SpongeBob's fortress. SpongeBob, in turn declares war on Patrick and begins to improve the durability of his fortress. While he is doing so, Patrick builds an army of horse-mounted knights.
SpongeBob in self-defense builds a catapault and uses it against the knights as they storm towards him. He then summons his own troops to attack Patrick. Patrick retreats into his castle and returns with a cannon, with which he attacks SpongeBob's hit squad. The hit squad retreats and SpongeBob manages to get them safely back inside his own fortress. It is in vain, however, and the cannon ball finds its way over the fortress wall and smashes them.
SpongeBob in retaliation builds a tank to destroy Patrick's fortress, while Patrick comes with giant robot. The tank and the robot clash, and the robot gains the upper-hand by picking up SpongeBob's tank. As it prepares to crush the tank, SpongeBob fires the tank's cannon monsters and destroys Patrick's robot. He for the next moment thinks he is victorious, but Patrick returns on the robot's head, which has separated from the body and is now an airship.
SpongeBob pulls out a remote control and pushes a button on it, calling in a fighter jet which he hops into the cockpit and takes control of. As Patrick tries to run, SpongeBob explosion him. Civilians on the beach begin to flee in terror. Patrick survives SpongeBob's attack, and as a counter attack deploys a surface to air missile launcher from underneath the ground. He has it fire its eight loaded missiles at SpongeBob. SpongeBob takes evasive maneuvers and manages to get them to fly into Patrick's fortess, completely destroying it. Patrick in a final act of retaliation uses his airship to blow up SpongeBob's fortress. SpongeBob is extremely enraged by this, and putting all sensible options aside, he flies his fighter jet into Patrick's robot head airship is killed by Spongebob.
SpongeBob and Patrick are lying wounded on the beach, apologizing to each other for trying to destroy the other when the life guard shows up and demands they clean the mess of debris and rubble left by the fight. They do as he says, tidying the beach up to its original condition but soon begin to compete with each other over who could do so faster.
- The robot Patrick made resembles Optimus Prime from Transformers or Liberty Prime from Fallout 3.
- When this episode first aired, it was paired with Toy Store of Doom.
- When Patrick tore his skin off, his nose muscle is seen, though Patrick has no nose.
- This episode points out SpongeBob's strange driving habits; he's horrible when driving a boat, but beyond excellent when driving literally anything else.
- When SpongeBob rams his entire warplane at Patrick's rocket, this is a military strategy known askamikaze, where someone will deal severe damage to their enemy at the cost of their own life. This was heavily employed by the Japanese against the United States of America during World War II.
- SpongeBob quotes the famous saying, "All's fair in love and war", which has been parodied a lot in popular culture; for example, in the Uncle Scrooge comic, Crown of the Incas, this phrase is replaced with "All's fair in love and archaeology." In The Cosby Show that was replaced with "All's fair in love and breakfast."
- The robot Patrick built to fight Spongebob looks a lot like Commander Yanmark from Mega Man X6. Except, it doesn't have wings and the sand replaces the head, hands, propellers, and chest. The biggest resemblance is the waist and mouth plate.
- This was the first episode to premiere during Nickelodeon's "The Bob Squad."
- This was one of the few times SpongeBob is in a red bathing suit.
- The high-tech war-planning room inside the sand castle is a direct reference to the 1964 Stanley Kubrick filmDr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb..
- The war-plane that SpongeBob was flying resembles the real world F-16 fighter jet. The only contradictory occurrence is that F-16s can`t hover like his briefly did, but the newer F-35B Lightning IIs as well as older AV-8B Harriers have the technology making them able to do so.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are calling the frisbee "Small plastic disc that you throw", this is joking at the fact that the name "Frisbee" is copyrighted.
- The episode gets its title from a season 3 episode of How I Met Your Mother of the same name.
- Strangely, the general SpongeBob made was a human rather than a fish.
- Things that SpongeBob and Patrick made with the sand in chronological order:
- Castles (both SpongeBob and Patrick)
- Sand Wall (SpongeBob)
- Hammer/Mallet (Patrick)
- Telescope (SpongeBob, assumed made from sand)
- Trumpet (SpongeBob)
- Treaty to end all hostilities between our (their) two kingdoms' (SpongeBob)
- Feather Pen (SpongeBob)
- Bow and Arrow (Patrick)
- Large Sand Cavalry Army (Patrick)
- Catapult and Hatchet (SpongeBob)
- Trumpet Horn (SpongeBob)
- Sand Army (SpongeBob, made up of a Bull, a Rock Star, a Cowboy, a Knight with a mace, and a warrior with a mohawk)
- Cannon (Patrick)
- Heat-seeking Sand Cannon Ball (Patrick)
- Situation Room (SpongeBob)
- General (SpongeBob)
- Large Tank (SpongeBob)
- Large Robot (Patrick)
- Parachute (SpongeBob)
- Fighter jet (SpongeBob's)
- Missiles (both SpongeBob and Patrick)
- Sand 'Nuke' (Destroyed SpongeBob's Castle, Patrick.)
- SpongeBob goes Kamikaze on Patrick by ramming him with his Jet, and when they fall down and the camera goes to SpongeBob, who is shown with a bandage even if he didn't in the previous scene.
- After the camera pans over the destroyed beach, SpongeBob and Patrick's scratches and bandages disappear.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are kicked off the bus beside road but when Patrick says they're stranded the road is gone.
- Sponebob damaged Patrick's first castle and destroyed the second, while Patrick completely decimated both of SpongeBob's castles. Considering this, they aren't even.
- When SpongeBob sends his troops to attack Patrick's castle, a sand bull can be seen running out of SpongeBob's castle with the rest of his troops, but disappear when they arrive to storm Patrick. But when SpongeBob's troops retreat from Patrick's cannonball, the bull is again seen running back into his castle.
- This marks the first and only time where a female is seen driving the bus.
- This episode is a reference to the Japanese anime film: Castle In The Sky.
- This episode is a parody of Crusades and World War II.
- This episode takes place in Goo Lagoon, which turned into a battlefield/warfield.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick thinking they're stranded, they arrived in Goo Lagoon.
- This is an episode that Squidward and Mr. Krabs don't appear.
- SpongeBob (Sir SpongeBob) and Patrick (Sir Evil Patrick) used cannons instead of rifles, machine guns, SMG's, sniper rifles, rocket launchers, armored vehicles (except Sir SpongeBob, who is using the British Crusader Tank), AA and AT guns and aircraft (except Sir SpongrBob, who is using the Jet Plane).
- Patrick's fortress have spikes and a skull with crossed bones below it.
- SpongeBob's castle is made of sand bricks and designed from the years of the Past.
- SpongeBob's jet plane and the P Megazord's head crashed together before the end of the war.
- Patrick looks dangerously evil when he completed an objective to get revenge on our beloved sponge friend, SpongeBob.
- SpongeBob is destructively raging when he failed an objective to get revenge on our dumbly starfish, Patrick.
- The lifeguard asked SpongeBob and Patrick to fight each other by creating their own Sand War (1916-1919).
- The music in the title card is an ancient and medieval music from the Middle Ages.