- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- The Flying Dutchman
- Bikini Bottomites
- French narrator
- Patchy the Pirate
- Potty the Parrot
The SpongeBob episode starts with SpongeBob opening a box of cereal, labeled as having "One of eight essential prizes inside". He pours out the whole box, but cannot find a prize. Suddenly, a giant anchor crashes into SpongeBob's house, which SpongeBob believes to be a "baby" from the sky. He and Patrick alert Squidward that the sky had a baby, and he explains that it is a giant anchor. Suddenly, the anchor moves, crashing in to Squidward's house as well. Squidward begins climbing up the anchor's rope to complain to the owner, and SpongeBob and Patrick follow. They find out that the anchor was dropped from the Flying Dutchman's ghost ship. When the trio set foot on the ship, the Flying Dutchman emerges from his cabin, terrifying Squidward. SpongeBob and Patrick tell the Dutchman of Squidward's intentions to complain to him, and he repeatedly burns Squidward with fire from his nostrils. He tells SpongeBob and Patrick that "you're next", and they attempt to jump over board, but land back on the ship every time. The Dutchman then tells them that for setting foot on his ghost ship, they shall be forced to work as his ghostly crew for all eternity.
Squidward proceeds to complain about this, and the Dutchman throws him into a zipper-like portal to a heckish dimension, called the "Fly of Despair". The Flying Dutchman then has SpongeBob and Patrick help him go around Bikini Bottom and scare people. However, they cause more harm than good for the Dutchman, who then tells him that he has decided to eat them instead. He locks them in their room, as he prepares for his dinner. SpongeBob and Patrick reluctantly decide to escape through the "perfume department", where perfume is constantly getting sprayed in their faces as they walk through it. After getting through the perfume department, they steal the Flying Dutchman's dining sock , which he can't eat without. The Flying Dutchman catches the two as they try to escape. SpongeBob and the Flying Dutchman begin fighting over the sock, until the Flying Dutchman decides to grant them three wishes in exchange for it. Patrick wishes he knew about this earlier, thus wasting the first wish. SpongeBob wishes that Squidward was here to see this. Meanwhile, Squidward, after passing through the Fly of Despair, is dropped into his bedroom, but is then immediately transported back to the Dutchman's ship. The trio begin arguing over who should get the last wish, until the Dutchman gives Spongebob the last wish. Spongebob wishes that the Flying Dutchman turns into a vegitarian. Spongebob and the others are turned into fruit and are chased by the Dutchman who is now a hippie. The episode itself ends and Patchy returns to greet the audience. After a totally random outburst in which he tells the audience to walk the plank, he announces that they are going to read a fan letter. Unfortunately, Potty shows up with a fuse in his head from an evidently unplanned explosives stunt. Potty and Patchy are blown up and Patchy decides to sign off the show.
The "A Few Inches Later" time card background is similar to that of "Dumped." only it is pink instead of yellow.
- In "Your Shoe's Untied", the Flying Dutchman says he that hasn't worn a shoe for 3,000 years, yet he's only 137 years old.
- When SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward are climbing the ship's anchor, the rope's shape and art changes right after SpongeBob says "Squidward, wait!".
- In "Your Shoe's Untied", the Flying Dutchman claims he hasn't worn shoes for over 3,000 years. At the end of the episode, he is wearing a shoe.
- When the Flying Dutchman picks who gets the last wish, he goes back and forth, ending with SpongeBob. However when the scene cuts closer to them all, the Flying Dutchman starts with Squidward again, skipping Patrick.
- At the beginning of the episode, it is morning. However, when SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward got on the ship, it is night for the rest of the episode.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick return to their cabin on the ship after their scaring spree, their ice skates, which they used during their final "scare", are hanging on the wall.
- After SpongeBob is chosen to get the last wish, Squidward knows that they are about to be eaten, even though he wasn't present when SpongeBob and Patrick were informed.
- Patrick does not have a nose(as shown in "Something Smells"), so if he only covered his eyes while running through the perfume department he would have been fine. Even so he wore a safety mask as a futile attempt to avoid perfume.
APM music identification
- Oyster Girls - "And now it's time for Patchy's Pick hosted by SpongeBob's number one fan, Patchy the Pirate!"
- A Pirate's Life for Me A - Title card
- Hawaiian Hula - Shot of the island at dawn
- The Pirate's Waltz - Now listen. (takes out a "Ghost Rule Book".)
- Dramatic Cue A - "Holy shrimp! Squidward!"
- Finders Creepers - "All right, who owns this crate?"
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka - Second time this song was not used at the Krusty Krab. "It's Squidward, he wants to complain."
- The Drunken Sailor B - "Yer part of my crew now and our job is to sail around and frighten people."
- Bobby Shaftoe - "Look, Patrick, a real live ghost mop."
- House of Horror - The Flying Dutchman tries to make SpongeBob and Patrick scare the kid fish
- Playing with Toys - "I had four biscuits, then I ate one. Now I only have three."
- Dombummel - SpongeBob and Patrick Ice-skate.
- Dramatic Impact 3 - SpongeBob and Patrick steal The Flying Dutchman's sock
- Hawaiian Cocktail (Squidward's ending only) -The star-octopus-sponge duo are eaten.