Notice: this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia
|Uh-oh! It looks like this article is Stolen!|
this page uses content stolen from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
|SpongeBob's Last Stand|
|Season 7, Episode 134|
|Air date||April 22, 2010|
|Written by||Aaron Springer|
Squidward in Clarinetland
Back to the Past
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mermaid Man
- Barnacle Boy
- Larry the Lobster
- Mrs. Puff
- Bikini Bottomites:
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Ben Flenny (Debut)
- Nat Peterson
- Martha Smith
- Scottish Parade
- Two Headed Man
- Man on Stilts
- Underwater Santan
- Two Underwater Girl Scouts
- Karen (Cameo)
- Ben Flenny (News Reporter)
- Blue Fred (The Camera Man)
- Dennis (Citizen) (Getting Chased and Stung)
- Mr. Ranger
- Tina Fran
A typical day with SpongeBob and Patrick, when they arrive at the entrance of Jellyfish Fields ready to jellyfish. They slowly watch the Ranger go to open the Fields, and then they take pride in showing him their Jellyfishing licenses, to which he is not amused. SpongeBob then takes a moment to realize how lucky he and Patrick are to be among the jellyfish, and they take the time to Pay Tribute, and Sing the Jellyfishing Song. Patrick then notices a large sign, and points it out to SpongeBob. They then see that it is going to be a Super Highway, in the place of Jellyfish Fields, so SpongeBob and Patrick go into town trying to stop the destruction of Jellyfish Fields.
No one listens, so SpongeBob goes to work, very sad. Mr. Krabs volunteered to help, until he found out what it was, he explained that he will get more customers if the highway is built. SpongeBob discovers that Plankton is the founder of this highway, and that his plan was to build over the Krusty Krab to run them out of business. The ending of the highway leads to the Chum Bucket, to steal all the customers that Mr. Krabs once had. Mr. Krabs storms over to the Chum Bucket, where he orders Plankton to stop this highway. He then tells the two that he has already had everyone in town agree, including Mr. Krabs, who humorously agreed only because he likes saying, "Aye!". Mr. Krabs remembers this in pity.
SpongeBob and Patrick then pass out flyers trying to get Bikini Bottom to save Jellyfish Fields. They find out that people were on the highway's side, when they pelted them with their own flyers. Nat then asking SpongeBob and Patrick that the highway is what everyone wants, by crushes the instrument that SpongeBob was promoting the fields with. The police then come and control the riot, arresting them because SpongeBob didn't have a license on his sitar (actually resisting the highway project), and throw them out in the middle, or Edge of nowhere, as Patrick corrects SpongeBob. During this time, Patrick remembers what his Great-uncle Cletus said before he was arrested in a Freedom March and urges them to continue to support Jellyfish Fields. After they are abandoned, they think a parade would get people to go down with the Highway, but as soon as they are brainstorming (literally), a parade for the highway passes by, followed by Plankton, with a Paver, to build the highway. SpongeBob tries to stop him, only to be crushed by the Paver. Jellyfish Field is then crushed as well, causing all of the jellyfish to retreat.
The scene then cuts to a severely polluted and trashed Bikini Bottom, the Shelly Superhighway forming a concrete arch over the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs are in the Krusty Krab, out of business, when Mr. Krabs says that he will give the formula to Plankton and closes The Krusty Krab. However, the jellyfishes soon attacks Bikini Bottom, causing the Bikini Bottomites to panic. And SpongeBob uses this chance to convince the Bikini Bottomites to restore Jellyfish Fields through a news broadcast. soon, SpongeBob can be seen riding Plankton's paver in an attempt to demolish the highway. But Plankton tells him that his highway is indestructible. However, the Bikini Bottomites help SpongeBob by pushing the paver, giving them enough momentum to unpave the highway and restore Jellyfish Fields. The Krusty Krab's back to bussiness, and the episode ends with The Bikini Bottomites singing The Jellyfishing Song.
- The episode's title, "SpongeBob's Last Stand", is a reference to "Custer's Last Stand" (also called the "Battle of the Little Bighorn"), a battle during the Great Sioux War of 1876-77, in which the Lakota and Northern Cheyenne Native American tribes completely defeated the 7th Cavalry Regiment of the United States Army.
- Due to the name of this episode, many people believed that this was the series finale.
- Strangely, at the end of this episode, the 2008 Nickelodeon "Lightbulb" logo was used instead of the current 2009 logo. The same thing happened on The Clash of Triton.
- The band in the parade was wearing the same outfits as Squidward's band in "Band Geeks" and "The Great Snail Race."
- The clip of Spongebob saying will you help me appears in Direct TV's Nick is dropped ad when it says no more Spongebob.
- This episode is declared the SpongeBob Earth Day Special.
- This is the second time Patrick has a badge pinned through his skin without feeling any pain, the first wasStuck in the Wringer.
- SpongeBob's Last Stand had a online game featured on SpongeBob.com, which also helped the Big Help (an organization/movement started by Nickelodeon about people playing on a online game, who would do events/things to save the environment and biodiversity in real life, in order to get points in their game; also, the Big Help was promoted by various Nickelodeon stars, like Miranda Cosgrove, among others).
- The Krusty Krab sign is different, now stating, "over 2,478,921,437 served", as an obvious parody of the McDonald's sign, which says, "Billions and billions served."
- Coincidentally, both this episode and SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One aired in April and their DVDs were released in March.
- This is the first time Sheldon J. Plankton is stung by a jellyfish.
- There are 2 Harolds in the Band Parade scene.
- It is revealed Plankton has been stealing Mr. Krabs' mail for five years.
- The parade includes flower girls, a marching band, a float with clowns and models, a fish with long legs, conjoined twins, a Santa fish on a limo, old folks being whipped by the wrestlers from Krusty Krushers, a bagpipe band, a giant cat float, a choir, rock stars, and Plankton in a bulldozer.
- Patrick played the trumpet with his left hand.
- This is the second time Sandy has fleas. The first was A Flea in Her Dome.
- Sandy had real fur in this episode. She wouldn't have been relieved by scratching if she wore a pelt.
- The line "Frankly, my dear sponge, I don't give a barnacle" is a parody of a famous line from Gone with the Wind.
- This episode premiered after a Three-Hour Long SpongeBob Jellyfish Earth Day Marathon.
- During the song, "Give Jellyfish Fields a Chance", many references are made to past episodes.
- The song "Give Jellyfish Fields A Chance" is a reference to both John Lennon's Give Peace A Chance and Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues".
- First time a fax machine appears in the series. It looks identical to a Microsoft ColorJet and an HP Deskjet F2210 which represents the HP Deskjet series, only difference is that the fax machine is blue.
- In real life you can't arrest someone for playing a sitar. (They got arrested because the sitars were not licensed.)
- When the crowd throw trash at SpongeBob and Patrick, fish skeletons are seen. However, most of Bikini Bottom's citizens are fish.
- The Chum Bucket slogan "Chum is Fum" is seen again. This is an obvious reference to the episode Chum Bucket Supreme.
- This is the second time SpongeBob wears goggles while jellyfishing. First was in Pineapple Fever.
- Sandy Cheeks was called Sandy Squirrel in this episode.
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy don't have any lines in this episode, but in the song, they sing. But that could have been mimicking.
- The middle part of The Jellyfishing Song is based on the song "Smoke Two Joints." The leaf hats they wore had five leaves, perhaps representing marijuana, however, they could've been feather plumes that so happen to look like leaves, or palm tree leaves.
- The Shelly Superhighway doesn't even look like a superhighway at all.
- This is also the first episode that Mr. Krabs complains about Squidward using his first name, Eugene.
- There is garbage and graffiti all around the road bridge above the Krusty Krab. It's currently unknown why there can be such that things, since the bridge is new.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick were abandoned by the police, SpongeBob lost his shoes. Before the commercial break, he has his shoes. After the commercial, he doesn't have shoes anymore.
- Plankton's plan to build a highway over the Krusty Krab makes no sense because people could still get inside the Krusty Krab.
- This is the third time where the title card is written on a sign. First is in "Squid on Strike", second is in "No Weenies Allowed". The 4th is Drive Thru.
- In Brazil, the title of this episode is Bob Esponja Protesta, meaning SpongeBob Protests.
- After Spongebob says, "It's working, Patrick! They're booing the highway", the booing stops from the soundtrack, but the crowd's lips are seen, still booing.
- After the Shelly Superhighway is built, a shot of the Krusty Krab is shown. Notice the graffiti on the concrete in front of the Krusty Krab. Later, a different shot is seen, and the graffiti is notably different.
- In this episode, Patrick talks about his Great-Uncle Cletus, who was named after the slack-jawed yokel on "Simpsons The Simpsons" (Cletus DelRoy Spuckler).
- The way that the Bikini Bottomites united to destroy the Superhighway is reminiscent of how thousands of people united to destroy the Berlin Wall that divided Germany in 1989.
- In this episode, Karen is seen running without being plugged in, and most likely had no batteries.
- Oddly, after Plankton built the highway, all other streets in Bikini Bottom disappeared.
- When SpongeBob gets in the way of Plankton's steamroller, he's wearing an outfit similar to what he wore inBand Geeks. However, when he gets run over, he's in his undies.
- On the highway supports around the Krusty Krab is a range of different writing and drawings. One is a drawing of an alien with 'Paul' written next to it. This is a reference to the movie 'Paul_(film)', which is about an alien.
- The over One Billion sign at the Krusty Krab is a parody of the McDonald's sign.
- This is the second time Plankton's first name, Sheldon, is mentioned. The first was "Plankton's Army."
- The choir from "Choir Boys" and "A Day Without Tears" is seen again.
- This is the fourth time the Krusty Krab is closed down. The first was "Welcome to the Chum Bucket". The second was "Best Day Ever". The third was "Banned in Bikini Bottom".
- Santa from "Christmas Who?" is seen again.
- This is the third appearance of Plankton's tiny door entrance. The 1st was "Banned in Bikini Bottom". The second was "Single Cell Anniversary".
- "Plan Zed-99" means surrender the formula to Plankton. Zed is the pronunciation of letter Z, the last letter of the alphabet, and when it comes to two-digit numbers, 99 is the very last number.
- The highway's name of "Shelly" might've been a clue to anyone who knew Plankton's first name was Sheldon, since Shelly is a nickname for Sheldon.
- In the first scene with Ben Flenny, he uses shoes, but in the second, when Bill appears, the reporter is shoeless.
- Plankton breaks the fourth wall when he says "Observe in this conveniently timed flashback."
- When the crowd is cheering for the highway Nat's fin is missing.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are first singing the Jellyfishing Song, Patrick's sunglasses may be a reference to his low intelligence due to the large stars on it.
- Before Mr. Krabs says that he likes saying 'I', the guy next to him is yellow, but when he says it, the guy is green.
- In the "Saving Jellyfish Fields" song, the Gorilla Suit is a reference to "I Had an Accident"
- Right before the commercial break, the rainwater is spreading, but afterwards become a circular puddle.
- At the beginning when spongebob and patrick are catching jellyfish, Patrick says he caught a "five-spotted jellyfish" but really it had only one spot.
- In this episode Patrick seemed to be very smart showing signs of intelligence that rivaled even Sandy.
- On XFINITY's On Demand service, the episode was labeled in 2000 instead of 2010
- On the highway supports around the Krusty Krab is a range of different writing and drawings. One is a drawing of Squidward. (It seems unnatural that all of those drawings could be made in that amount of time)
- After the highway goes over the Krusty Krab and goes over a loop, it goes into the Chum Bucket, but that's impossible because the Chum Bucket is across the street from the Krusty Krab.
- This is the first time Plankton gets stung by jellyfish.
APM Music Identification
- Unknown Tracks 1 - Title card
- The Mob - "Alright, you guys the highway haters?"
- Pell-Mell - When the word "APATHY!!!" appears.
- Dramatic Impact - The police car drives very fast.
- Dramatic Cue E - The police officers kick SpongeBob and Patrick out of the car.
- Dramatic Impact - "Plan Zed-99?!?"
- Drama Link E - "I'm selling the Krabby Patty secret formula to Plankton!"
- Drama Link O - "Tell me that I'm dreaming! "
- Drama Link F - "Now they have to listen!"
Earth Day Marathon
This episode is played in the Earth Day Marathon: