SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season five. In this episode, Squidward makes a machine that cooks Krabby Patties in order to resign SpongeBob, so SpongeBob challenges it to a "patty war".
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- The Patty Gadget (K.I.A)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Patchy the Pirate (narrator)
- King Neptune (same one from Neptune's Spatula) (cameo)
Patchy the Pirate is back and reads a story aboutSquidward and SpongeBob. Squidward invents a machine he calls the Patty Gadget, and he insists that Mr. Krabs fire SpongeBob because it can make Patties faster and Mr. Krabs does not have to pay for it. Then, Mr. Krabs declares Krabby Patty War (Parody of World War II) against the Patty Gadget. First, SpongeBob seems to be faster, but the machine is not an easy challenge for him. Everyone was enjoying the fight (except for Patrick who had to go to the bathroom). Squidward then bursts out the handle of the Patty Gadget and SpongeBob kills the enemy off by using his powerful kicking and punching powers against it. However, SpongeBob faints after winning the fight. Everyone thinks that SpongeBob was buried, but it was actually the Patty Gadget. Squidward cried after discovering the death of his machine with the words, "R.I.P, my Krabby Patty Gadget". Patchy closes the book with the picture of the machine's tombstone and then the word The End beside it. The word The Legends of SpongeBob in the end of the book just like from the beginning.
- The style in which the story is portrayed is similar to books written by the legendary illustrator, Dr. Seuss.
- Patchy said 20 patties, but there were actually 15, but he was 5 patties close.
- The story is a parody of the legend of John Henry challenging a steam drill. Just like how SpongeBob faints after winning the battle, John Henry passed away due to exhaustion.
- After the scene where SpongeBob faints, there is a normal-sized grave. In the next scene, it was smaller.
- This is the fourth appearance of Neptune.
- This episode shows that Squidward might have a hand for inventing.
- Also, this episode proves that Squidward does know the recipe for the Krabby Patty. In past episodes, Squidward says he doesn't know the recipe at all. Though he could have learned it over time.
- The grill the SpongeBob hauled to the dining area had no gas/electric line, making it impossible. However, the wire can be seen before the battle.
- This is the only episode that's not a special with Patchy the Pirate in it.
- This is the second time Patchy is a narrator. The first time was in Christmas Who?.
- The way Patchy narrates the episode is similar to how the story "T'was the Night Before Christmas" is told.
- Every last word Patchy says, it rhymes.
- Potty always appears with Patchy. But in this episode, Potty doesn't appear.
- At the beginning of the episode, Patchy opens a book. Its cover says The Legend of SpongeBob. A similar title are seen on the Legends of Bikini Bottom episodes.
- This is the third rematch, the second was Krabs vs. Plankton, the first was Pressure.
- This episode clearly demonstrates Squidward's sheer hatred for Spongebob, as he tries to get Spongebob fired and replaced by a machine.
- This is the second time Squidward goes to the cemetery. The first is One Krab's Trash.