7:38 p.m, midnight
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Customers at the Krusty Krab
- Mini Squid
- Mini SpongeBob
- Milo J. Finkerfish
SpongeBob repeatedly annoys Squidward by asking Squidward if he wants to play, but everytime Squidward says "No!", SpongeBob thinks he wants to play later everytime he says that. After Spongebob asks Squidward to play a numerous number of game with him, Squidward loses his temper and yells at SpongeBob, "...I will never play with you...EVEEEEERRR!!!". After throwing him down a hole (which SpongeBob drilled when he entered that bathroom) and covering it with his fridge, SpongeBob still thinks Squidward doesn't want to play yet. He runs to his house and creates a wooden, mini-version of Squidward, and calls him "Mini Squid". After hearing that Mini Squid will be playing with SpongeBob if Squidward doesn't want, Squidward becomes incredibly enlightened.
While SpongeBob and Mini Squid play Charades, Patrick walks by and thought the Mini Squid was Squidward, and also thought he's gotten smaller and shaved his beard, even though Squidward doesn't have a beard, confusing Spongebob and Mini Squid.
At the Krusty Krab, Squidward tells a joke to two customers, but they didn't laugh because of his mood while telling the joke. As SpongeBob and Mini Squid come in, the two customers start to favor him. Squidward takes a custormer's order, but he doesn't like his attitude. Mini Squid takes Squidward's job as Cashier and takes the customer's order, and the customer likes his attitude. Spongebob cooks the patties and Mini Squid delivers them to the customers. He told Squidward's joke to the customers and they laughed because of his happy mood while telling the joke. Squidward starts to get mad at Mini Squid for stealing his joke. A lady wanted to give Mini Squid a $300 tip. Squidward takes his hat and his job back, but Mr. Krabs tells him that he prefers Mini Squid because he's making him plenty of money and changes Squidward's job to dish washer.
Soon, Mini Squid starts impressing the custormers with some dance moves. Squidward realizes that they were his moves and starts to dance, but the customers finds him lacking talent. Mini Squid and customers soon start dancing like jellyfish. Afterwards, Squidward gets mad at Mini Squid for stealing his life and starts squeezing him, bashing him, stomping him, and mauling him. Suddenly, a man tells Squidward to stop mauling the head of his "new client". Squidward realizes the man is a producer that represents his favorite clarinet player. Squidward thought he was there to sign him up, but the producer takes Mini Squid. He's offering Mini Squid a $1,000,000 contract and a sequent suit. Squidward tries to impress him, but fails with the agent essentially telling him that he will never become famous. SpongeBob bids goodbye to his new friend.
Squidward starts to sob because Mini Squid stole his dream, but realizes he'll never see him again. SpongeBob then picks up a wooden, mini-version of himself. The two started laughing after each other, annoying Squidward.
- The music that is playing as "Mini-Squidward" dances is - "The Thieving Magpie" La Gazza Ladra (overture) by Gioachino Rossini.
- 10th episode where Squidward's rear end is noticable.
- When Squidward says "He stole my job" is almost similar to the South Park line "They stole our job".
- This episode aired with The Krusty Sponge during the original airing and initial repeats, but has since been re-airing with The Pink Purloiner.
- The title card music is the same as Can You Spare a Dime?.
- 12 Angry Jellyfish is a parody to 12 Angry Men.
- "Squid Wood" is a pronuncation parody on Squidward's name, but may be also a reference to the 1994 filmEd Wood.
- Two clips of this episode were shown three weeks before it aired.
- Yet again, SpongeBob demonstrates his ability to change form. He turns into: A piece of paper, a flower, a drill, and a phone.
- The Clammy Awards are a parody of the Grammy Awards.
- This is the second time that SpongeBob makes a wood carving of Squidward, the first was in the episode The Paper.
- This is the third time a Squidward puppet is seen. The first is The Paper. The second is Wormy.
- The German title for this episode is "Mini-Thaddäus", in Spanish-speaking countries, it is known as "Mini-Calamardo", and in the Netherlands, it is called "Mini-Octo", which all mean: "Mini-Squidward".
- In addition, if English viewers visited the Nick.de site before the English dub aired, they could have watched the entire episode (although in German) months before the English episode was released. The epsiode was soon removed from the site.
- Mini Squid was originally going to look like the Squidward carving in Dumped, but he now looks like a ventriloquist's dummy.
- This episode was released first on the Season 4 Volume 2 box set before it aired on T.V.
- When Squidward is in the bathtub he plays his nose like a clarinet/flute, just like SpongeBob.
- This episode aired on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 in Latin America.
- In the end of the episode, there was a Mini SpongeBob, but SpongeBob made him laugh without him having to do it for him.
- This is the only episode that Patrick Star said Homer Simpson's catchphrase, which is "D'oh!".In addtion the D'oh! catchphrase was previously heard in The Sponge Who Could Fly.
- In one scene of this episode, when Patrick sees SpongeBob's puppet, SpongeBob's pineapple is seen colored red, most likely an error in the tint of the color orange.
- To distract the customers from the better talent of Mini-Squidward, Squidward walks in a way similar to the Goose-step.
- On TV.com, this episode aired with The Krusty Sponge in July 2007.
- When the two Krabby Patties were on the grill, they already had their buns, condiments, and everything else that goes on a finished hamburger, after it is off the grill.
- This episode is similar to a CatDog episode, in where Dog makes a puppet of Cat when the real Cat refuses to play with him.
- When Squidward is still flat, his clothes are not on, but when Squidward knocks on SpongeBob's door, he has clothes on.
- This is one of the episodes that SpongeBob's garage can be seen.
- When Nancy Suzy Fish wants to give Mini Squidward $300 Dollars, Mini Squidward's eyes are coloured white. In the next scene: his eyes are back to yellow again.
- When Squidward tries to act happy in this episode, he sounds like he did in Born Again Krabs, where he was happy from being well rested.
- This is one of the few episodes showing Squidward's backyard/garden. Other episode's incude: "Naughty Nautical Neighbors" and "The Curse of Bikini Bottom."
- This is also one of the few episodes featuring Squidward's library. Another example is "I ♥ Dancing."
- "Duck-Duck Hermit Crab" is a parody of the game Duck-Duck Goose.
- "Squidward Says" is a parody of the game Simon Says.
- "Sleeping Sea Lions" is a parody of the game Sleeping Lions.
- When Squidward plays the clarinet to prove he's better than Mini Squid, the melody he plays sounds like the beginning verses of Bibbidi-Bobiddi-Boo from Disney's Cinderella.
- The quote "Ok squid see ya later."is said by Spongebob 3 times
- This this is the only episode when the fish "swim".
- When SpongeBob appears Squidward's window, there is no shade, but Squidward pulls down a shade in the next scene. When he gets out of the bathtub, it is gone again.