|Squidward in Clarinetland|
|Season 7, Episode 133b|
|Air date||March 24, 2010|
|Written by||Casey Alexander|
The Curse of Bikini Bottom
SpongeBob's Last Stand
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star (Giant Patrick)
- Thaddeus (Bad Breath)
- Keeper of The Hornet Forest
- The Krusty Krab
- The Locker: an archive of unknown things.
- Clarinetland (The Hornet Forest): a place where all clarinets can live in freedom.
- Clarinet Auditions
- The Great Patty Caper
Squidward arrives in the Krusty Krab as happy as ever, and time, after time again he is getting pummeled, such as Thaddeus's morning breath in his face, or getting the door slammed on him, but since his clarinet is safe, he is happy. But when Nazz Rechid comes to the Krusty Krab, her new baby drools on the clarinet, he bursts with anger. He demands Mr. Krabs to give him a place to store his stuff, and Mr. Krabs gives him his Navy locker, and SpongeBob single-handedly cleans it. He stores his toothbrush, while Squidward puts his clarinet in there, not risking it getting soiled before his presentation. While Squidward is going through his daily routines he discovers SpongeBob is always doing something to the locker, in fear for his clarinet, he goes to see what happens, and left loose change on the floor when he was giving to the customer. Just then Mr. Krabs jumps out wildly and acts like a gorilla scaring everyone away from the loose change he hears. When Squidward went in there, it is revealed SpongeBob had converted it to a whole room, and the second time he visits it he finds his clarinet gone, and goes looking. He discovers a small door near the floor, and crawls through it, only to enter a mysterious forest, made of clarinets. he spots his, just before he is picked up by a large eagle, "The Keeper" of The Hornet Forest or Clarinetland telling him to learn respect, and to grant peace to clarinets, And that a clarinet can not be owned, in desperation, he claims he has and tries to escape, but the eagle, "The Keeper" does not believe him and swallows him. He then finds himself chasing SpongeBob for his clarinet, into a giant pinball machine, where Patrick in giant size says it is THE PRESSURE that is doing all of this, and then Squidward finds himself chasing SpongeBob, literally through Space, and finally being back in the small locker, and running of to his presentation. He then finds SpongeBob in his case, and runs from the stage, right before he gave the presentation, revealing he was giving him the clarinet.
- Before Squidward opens the curtain to Clarinetland, he has his work hat on. After he opens the curtain, his hat is gone.
- The way Squidward enters Clarinetland, using the small locker is similar to the way the characters of Narnia enter to the land of Narnia.
- Running Gag: Spongebob improving the locker, and squidward wondering whats happening to his claranet.
- Squidward and SpongeBob tumbling through space to classical music is a reference to Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- The title is a reference to the 1865 book and the subsequent 1951 and 2010 movies Alice in Wonderland.
- When Thaddeus' breath punches Squidward in the face, his hat falls off, but when he comes up, it's still on his head.
- The suitcase is blue, however, at the end, it is purple.
- When Squidward opens the drawer after SpongeBob expands the second time, you can see the case inside, but it then reveals the drawer to be empty with the exception of the note.
- Squidward: "You tell me, what in the Wide World of Sports is this place?" He could be referring to ESPN's Wide World of Sports complex, located at Walt Disney World.
- At the beginning of the episode, Squidward is riding his recumbent bicycle, but in Boating Buddies he said that he sold it. So, this episode should take place before Boating Buddies or he got a new one. Furthermore, he had one in the movie.
- When Squidward crawled through the hole the note was gone.
- When SpongeBob walks past Squidward taking an order, Galley Grub is misnamed 'Gally Grub'.
- This is the second appearance of the Alternate-Universe Squidward following The Algae's Always Greener. In this episode, he is the reflection of Squidward in the mirrors. The alternate-universe Squidward in this episode however could be just an illusion. This is unlikely though as the clarinets come out of the mirror.
- This is the second time a bus was going far far away. The first was in "Wishing You Well".
- This is the fourth episode when the majority is revealed to be a dream/fantasy. The first was Procrastinationand the second was Doing Time and the third was The Main Drain.
- The is the second appearance of an eagle, first is in "Ghost Host".
- When Squidward hands a book of Bikini Bottom Labor Regulations, Mr. Krabs grows hives when he is allergic to it, but in next scene where Mr. Krabs holds the same book, he isn't affected at all.
- In some episodes you can see in the Krusty Krab lockers in the bathroom and there are three so it is unknown why didn't they use those lockers.
- SpongeBob places his old and filthy toothbrush inside the locker next to Squidward's clarinet. The toothbrush is seen inside SpongeBob's hat.
- SpongeBob steals Squidward's clarinet because he wanted to get revenge on him.
- Squidward attempts to retrieve his clarinet from SpongeBob StealerPants but he fail. SpongeBob runs faster than Squidward. The first is in Boating Buddies.
- This is the first time Patrick's a giant while playing a SpongeBob-themed pinball game.
- In the pinball section after Patrick leaves, a giant vacuum cleaner threatens Squidward.
- When Squidward tries to slam SpongeBob, SpongeBob escaped from Squidward's grip, then he laughs upside-down on a hole before it vanishes.
- Squidward runs away after SpongeBob appeared in his suitcase.
- This is the second time something is SpongeBob-themed. The first was in The Krusty Sponge.
- Hives are actually a bee's HQ but it can be allergy pores that just like happened to Mr. Krabs.
- This is the second time SpongeBob wears his shower cap (although it's a cleaning cap). The first is in New Digs.
- Squidward actually looks ridiculous/an old man (without a beard) before he melts.
- Two Squidward portraits on the mirrors started making fun of Squidward due to SpongeBob's fault, then their heads became clarinet-shaped.