- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Stanley S. SquarePants (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sandy Cheeks (does not appear in full episode)
- Sheldon J. Plankton (speaking cameo)
- Harold (Major role and appearance)
- Dale (brief cameo)
- Shubie (brief cameo)
- Thaddeus (brief cameo)
- Clayton (brief cameo)
- Harv (brief cameo)
- Paco (brief cameo)
- Evelyn (brief cameo)
- Tina (brief cameo)
- Fred (brief cameo)
- Nancy (brief cameo)
- Nat Peterson (brief cameo)
- Sally (brief cameo)
- John (brief cameo)
- Vera (brief cameo)
- Medley (brief cameo)
- Mr. Krabs' 3 Nephews (cameo)
- Sandy's Scottish Cousin (cameo)
- Squeeze Tentacles (Squidward's Cousin) (cameo)
SpongeBob's cousin, Stanley, comes to visit. He brought a letter for Spongebob from his Uncle Sherm. It states that Stanley cannot hold a job because he destroys everything he toches, hoping Spongebob can deal with Stanley better. This turns out to be true, as Stanley messes up almost every single thing he touches (or in the case of the fridge, empties). This starts to bother SpongeBob. Stanley then gets a job at the Krusty Krab, but whenever he messes things up, SpongeBob willingly blames himself for Stanley's messes so Stanley can keep his job. But SpongeBob eventually can't take this any more, and SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs about how he was constantly counterframing Stanley for his mishaps. But Mr. Krabs has an idea, and he tells Stanley to get a job at the Chum Bucket, with the purpose of destroying the Chum Bucket, and taking advantage of Stanley's troubles. Plankton hires Stanley, thinking that his fry cook skills would be as good as SpongeBob's, as Stanley is related to him by blood. But Stanley accidentally destroys the Chum Bucket, much to Krabs' delight.
We learn SpongeBob has a cousin named Stanley.
This is the second episode in which one of SpongeBob's cousins appear. The first being Blackjack .
More of Spongebob's Family is introduced.
- When Stanley changes the channels on the television, a parody of Rocky and Bullwinkle can be seen.
- Even though there is a special guest, the opening credits last only eight seconds.
- At some point in this episode, Harold appears wearing nothing but a sombrero.
- This episode was set to premiere with "To Save a Squirrel" but aired with "Banned in Bikini Bottom" instead.
- Mr. Krabs is revealed to have 3 nephews in this episode. One of their parents is Mr. Krabs's sibling.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob shrinks in fear, the first is Rule of Dumb.
- Stanley Squarepants is a possible parody to Stanley Yelnats IIII in the book (later a movie) Holes.
- Stanley's appearance is like an teenage Spongebob.
- This the second time a watch is shown in The Spongebob Squarepants Series the first time was in The Lost Matress
- When Stanley watches TV at SpongeBob's house before destroying, he changes too much channels that is similar to Hamm the Piggy Bank got too fast after Rex the Dinosaur took his time from Disney/Pixar's 1999 film Toy Story 2.
- SpongeBob says "That's perfect! Patrick can do nothing better than anyone!" to Stanley because Patrick got an 'do nothing better than anyone' award in Big Pink Loser.
- It is said that Stanley ruins everything in touch, however, he did not ruin Sherm's note, or a briefcase.
- Both Sandy's and Squidward's relatives can be seen.
- When Mr. Krabs yells at SpongeBob, he shrinks in size into his pants. His sleeves shrink in size with him, when they should stay the same.
- The reading glasses SpongeBob wears are the same ones that he uses to go jellyfishing, and to page through the dictionary in Just One Bite.
- In Germany, this episode calls "Stanley S. Schwammkopf" which means "Stanley S. Spongehead".
- Sandy is shown to have a Scottish relative, possibly meaning that her relative lived in Scotland and Sandy lived in Texas, or the relative lived in Scotland before moving to Texas.
- The title card is similar to "The Bully" and "Truth or Square".
- Squidward's teenage-style family member is blond and turquoise as Squidward in the flashbacks of "The Original Fry Cook" was depicted with as Squidward's hair color.
- When the letter is shown the words, "I'm FREE,FREE!!" can be seen at the bottom.
- On a picture of SpongeBob serving a Krabby Patty to Nat Peterson, Nat is in brown and tan color.
- This is the second time that there was a Scottish character. The first time was in Patty Hype.
- The title card music is the same as The Lost Mattress.
- This episode marks the season finale of season 5.
- This is the first time a customer blows up.
- This is the third time "Uncle Sherm" was mentioned. the first was Krab Borg, and the second was Pest of the West.
- Stanley also appeared in Spongebob Squiggle in Sketchbob where you have to make Stanley gives food to Jellyfishes in each round.
- Mr. Krabs Nephews are a parody of Donald Duck's nephews, Hewy, Dewy and Louie, and the fact that they solve mysterysis a parady of their role in the show DuckTales.
- When Mr. Krabs rolls around on the money it isn't on fire but part of him and his clothes turn black.
- This is the final episode that premiered in 2007.
- This episode and Banned In Bikini Bottom are the first to be rated TV-Y7 making the rest before that TV-Y
- This is the last Episode on Netflix.
- When SpongeBob serves the tired customers it said "Help Wanted" in the south east corner.
- In the scene where Stanley destroy's Spongebob refrigerator a brown liquid is thrown on Spongebob's face in the next shot (When Stanley destroys Spongebob Toilet) The brown liquid is gone.
- When Stanley is crying Spongebob looks at his watch in the next shot its gone (the camera even zooms in on Spongebob hand to guarantee it's gone)
- In the scene where Stanley questioned SpongeBob if he works at the Krusty Krab, if you look closely, you can see the pictures moved after SpongeBob explained the pictures.
- When Sandy's relative from Scotland speaks, he or she is blowing on a pipe, and a bubble comes out and it comes out of his or her helmet and pops. That is impossible unless there is a door where the bubble can leave from. Otherwise, it went right through the glass.
APM Music Identification
- Drama Link D - SpongeBob screams.
- Dramatic Cue D - "There's two of them?!?"
- Dramatic Cue A - The register is on fire
- Drama Link B - Mr. Krabs senses money burning
- Drama Link G - Mr. Krabs starts stop drop and roll on his money.
- Dramatic Cue C - SpongeBob serves the costumers too quickly.
- House of Horror - SpongeBob notices Stanley broke his Spatula.
- Dramatic Impact 2 - "NO! NO! NO!"