|Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go!|
|Season 8, Episode 176a|
|Air date||October 14, 2012|
November 23, 2012 (Canada)
|Written by||Aaron Springer|
It's a SpongeBob Christmas!
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Man Ray
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mermaid Man
- Barnacle Boy
- Elderly Fish
- Bikini Bottomites
- Richard A. Bottomfeeder (Small Cameo)
SpongeBob is walking down a sidewalk on his way to work when suddenly he hears crying. He looks down an alley and Plankton was sitting there crying. Plankton then says that he was crying because one of his inventions backfired again. SpongeBob then asked what the device was. Plankton said it was a doomsday device. However, it did nothing but spark and fall apart. SpongeBob suggested hiring a friend to fix it so Plankton looked in the phone book and found Man Ray. But it was under "fiends" instead of "friends". But Plankton didn't care, so he met Man Ray, and explained the plan. They then went to the Krusty Krab and demanded the Secret formula.? Man Ray said that he thought it was a formula for world domination, but Plankton explained that if you control the fast food chain, you can control the world. Plankton then has Man Ray try a Krabby Patty to prove it, but Man Ray became addicted to them and demands more and more without letting Plankton eat a single one. Meanwhile, SpongeBob tried to get Mermaid Man, and Barnacle Boy for help, but fails many times. He finally got to them and tells them but they told him they can't, leaving SpongeBob to be his own hero. SpongeBob then came back to work to assist the tired Squidward and to "be his own hero". He made many more Krabby Patties, in which, Man Ray got fat from. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy then came and arrested him thus leaving Plankton to pay the bill for the Krabby Patties.
At the end, In Loving Memory of Ernest Borgnine was credited.
- The episode's name could be a parody from the old Toon Disney television show "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!"
- This episode explains that Man Ray works at a mart.
- Running Gags: SpongeBob failing in getting to Mermaid Man, and Man Ray eating Krabby Patties.
- Plankton having to pay for the Krabby Patties is similar to Mr. Krabs paying for the destroyed bank (which SpongeBob and Patrick destroyed) in The Great Patty Caper.
- The title card is similar to Pre-Hibernation Week, but not animated.
- This episode holds second with longest title with 8 words, first is Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture with 9 words and third is The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom with 7 words
- The construction worker from WhoBob WhatPants, the real estate agent from Opposite Day and Richard A. Bottomfeeder from Krabs vs. Plankton all make cameos at the beginning
- This is the first appearance of Mermaid Man after Ernest Borgnine's death, however he was credited and voice him meaning this episode was made before his death.
- Third time the episode was dedicated to someone. First was The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie when it was dedicated to Jules Engel (1909-2003), Second was Karate Island when it was dedicated to Pat Morita (1932-2005).
- This is the 3rd time Canned Bread makes an appearance. The first time was Squidville, the second was Atlantis SquarePantis.
- This is the fourth episode to show Squidward can successfully make Krabby Patties. The first was in Bubble Buddy, second was in Breath of Fresh Squidward, and the third was in The Good Krabby Name.
- This is one of few Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy related episodes where Patrick doesn't appear in.
- The light used to call Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy is a parody of the light used to call Batman and Robin.
- This episode, Chum Fricassee and Move It or Lose It premiered with some season 9 episodes, one of them is Gary's New Toy.
Associated production music
- Man, Go Man! - Ralph Dollimore (title card)
- Tristesse - Gerhard Trede (Plankton crying)
- Sneaking About - Phillip Green ("We spoke on the phone!")
- Dark and Scary - Harry Lubin (Plankton explains his plan)
- Vibe Sting [original music by Nicolas Carr] (Krabs snaps to attention)
- Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford (Plankton with tape measure)
- [original music by Jeremy Wakefield] (Krabs picks up Plankton)
- Crime & Danger Sign No. 3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch (Man Ray appears)
- Horror Crash - Harry Lubin (Krabs screams and runs off)
- Coming to Get You - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ("Hang onto your hats and glasses!")
- [original music by Nicolas Carr] (milkshake cups float in midair)
- Danger Sign - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin (front entrance is boarded up)
- Hero v. the Villain - Johnny Pearson (SpongeBob shines the emergency searchlight)
- [original music by Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, and Pat Irwin] ("Yes! Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy will be here in no time!")
- Steel Sting [original music by Jeremy Wakefield] ("I guess this is only good for nighttime emergencies.")
- Hero v. the Villain - Johnny Pearson (SpongeBob running to Shady Shoals)
- [original music by Jeremy Wakefield] ("Sorry, kid.")
- Hide and Seek - Arthur Harold Wilkinson (SpongeBob peeks through the window)
- [original music by Jeremy Wakefield] ("You old piece of junk!")
- Danger Sign - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ("The Krusty Krab is finally ours!")
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill (back at Shady Shoals)
- [original music by Jeremy Wakefield] ("Good afternoon.")
- [original music by Michael Bolger and Nicolas Carr] (Squidward serves Krabby Patties)
- Rescue - Cecil Milner (SpongeBob slips on wet floor)
- Expectant Stab - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ("Come quick! Krusty Krab is in dire straits!")
- Alekoki - Kapono Beamer ("We just woke up from our nap.")
- [original music by Michael Bolger and Nicolas Carr] (SpongeBob returns to the Krusty Krab)
- [original music by Jeremy Wakefield] ("Can we please steal the secret formula now?")
- Man, Go Man! - Ralph Dollimore ("I'm gonna be my own hero.")
- [original music by Jeremy Wakefield] ("Alright, fine.")
- [original music by Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, and Pat Irwin] (Man Ray is arrested)
- The Lineman - Title card