- Realistic Fish Head (name revealed)
- Female Fry Cook Games competitor (debut)
- Male Fry Cook Games competitor (debut)
- Mr. Krabs
- SpongeBob SuperiorPants
- Patrick Star
- Huge guy (debut)
- Fry Cook Games audience
- Fred (cameo)
- Archie (Henry-Bart-colored)
- Nancy Suzy Fish (cameo)
- Henry-Bart (normal; female)
- Medley Fishbowl
- Evelyn Annette (cameo)
- Buddy (cameo)
- Charlie (cameo)
- Frank (muscular goldfish)
- Anchovies (cameo)
- Lloyd's son
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nat Peterson (2 cameos)
- Shubie (cameo)
- Nazz-Mimi (cameo)
- Billy (lime fish) (cameo)
- Cara (cameo)
- Dennis (citizen) (cameo)
- Taylor Fishbowl (normal; Fred-colored)
At the beginning, some trumpets are played and Harold holds a Olympic like Torch while running to a ceremonial braiser. When he lights it up, the fire on the ceremonial torch suddenly gets blown out.The EBS color bars appear, and the torch is re-lit, at the expense of the torch-bearer, Harold, who is forced to run there again, and catches on fire himself.
Mr. Krabs and Plankton had competed in the games for several years, each winning several medals. This year, SpongeBob is representing the Krusty Krab. While he is training, Patrick appears and asks SpongeBob what he's doing. SpongeBob responds that he's training for the games. Excited by the prospect of a game, Patrick asks if if he can play too. SpongeBob tells him that he has to be a fry cook to compete. Patrick says that it must be pretty easy to be a fry cook, which angers SpongeBob because he takes his job so seriously. This begins a bit of a rivalry between the two.
Plankton then appears and introduces his competitor, who at first appears to be a terrifyingly huge and muscular fish which the audience is even scared of, but he is only carrying the real contestant strapped on his back, who is none other than Patrick Star, who got a job at the Chum Bucket in order to compete, only having worked there for 5 minutes.
The competitions include fast food-related versions of actual Olympic sports, such as the "Deep Fry Pole Vault" (pole-vaulting over a deep-fryer) and the "Chocolate High-Dive" (Diving from a springboard to a vat of chocolate, making the diver look like ice cream), among others.
Finally, after a short montage, SpongeBob and Patrick's scores are tied when they face off against each other in the final event, "Bun Wrestling", which is just regular wrestling only on a bun. Mr. Krabs and Plankton instigate by saying: (Mr. Krabs) "Don't forget he called ye yellow" and (Plankton) "Don't forget, he called you pink!" To intimidate Patrick, SpongeBob bites a chain and grins with the chains wrapped around his teeth. . To intimidate SpongeBob, Patrick rips a lemon in half an pushes the halves into his eyes, then screams. SpongeBob rips his robe off revealing a large muscular body. Patrick follows by ripping his robe off, revealing only a business outfit. He realizes his mistake and tears of the suit revealing a body similar to SpongeBob's. As the bell sounds for the fight to begin, they jump into the air yelling.They collide and begin fighting. Patrick decides to throw away his ambition to fight for the Chum Bucket by saying, "Forget the Chum Bucket. This is personal". He takes off SpongeBob's shoe and then he licks his foot which creeps Spongebob out and causes him to yell out in disgust. In retaliation for this, SpongeBob erases the "Pat" in "Patrick" on Patrick`s nametag. Patrick responds by yelling, "My name's, not, Riiiiiiiiiiiiick!"Towards the end of the fight they get into a grapple stating how much they hate each other. Suddenly their pants rip revealing underwear similar to each other's skin color. Both of them cry, "You do care!" .Afterwards they vow to never fight each other again and leave the stadium. Mr. Krabs and Plankton demand that they, "Get back here and kill each other". Patrick says, "You're my best friend ever SpongeBob". SpongeBob responds by saying,"You too, Patrick." As the episode ends with the two walking down the road into the sunset, Patrick says "You know these were white when I bought them", referring to his underwear.
- Up She Rises- Title card.
- Jungle Baby- SpongeBob and Patrick doing various sports.
- Age Of Discovery - Harold gets a patty torch.
- This is the second episode to use ancient greeks as the title card text. The first is "Neptune's Spatula."
- The captions refer the 21st Annual Fry Cook Games as the 12th Annual Fry Cook Games.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are leaving, Patrick is on SpongeBob's right, but moments later, he is on the left. They could have decided to change sides when walking out.
- When the fish holding Patrick arrives he breaks the wall. But when he screams after Patrick and SpongeBob scream, the wall is put back together.
- When Patrick was holding SpongeBob's foot, his sock was the same length as the other. But when Patrick was licking it, it was longer than the other.
- In the Netflix version if you put captions when the realistic fish said for the first time "the 21st annual fry cook games" the captions read "12th annual fry cook games."
- When Patrick took off SpongeBob's right shoe the toes on his right foot are switched around making it look like he has two left feet.
- SpongeBob's foot normally has four toes. But when Patrick was licking it, his foot had 5 toes.
- [Harold] carries a lit torch and lights a hamburger on fire, fire cannot exist due to the physical limitations of being underwater.