|The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom|
|Season 8, Episode 167a|
|Air date||November 25, 2011|
|Written by||Aaron Springer|
Bubble Buddy Returns
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Nat Peterson
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- The Lady in Green
While he was looking for spare change as usual in his cheap ways, Mr. Krabs noticed an over-sized soy bean near Sandy's treedome. Interested in what could have enlarged the plant, he asked Sandy a tour of her residence. Sandy revealed the growth serum that made the plant enlarged, prompting Krabs to steal it out of sight. Vacating the dome and entering the Krusty Krab, he called SpongeBob for a Krabby Patty to test the growth serum and found that it worked. The experiment, to Krabs's satisfied impression, worked, guaranteeing another money-making scheme. However, the patty kept growing until havoc started. Now expanding to a colossal scale, it began consuming Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob hoped to find a solution at Sandy's home, finding her treedome destroyed. Sandy called him from her helicopter, and she revealed that the only way to reverse the extending process was through SpongeBob in direct contact with the big patty. SpongeBob complied and absorbed the giant mass of meat into his absorbent body. At the end SpongeBob was serving Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab while being elongated with absorbed meat.
- This is the second appearance of the Lady in Green. First was "The Great Patty Caper."
- This is the fourth time that a Krabby Patty is huge. The first was "Just One Bite", the second was "Fear of a Krabby Patty", and the third was "All That Glitters".
- Mr. Krabs notes that Sandy's Treedome is "so much bigger on the inside", this could possibly a joke on the long running sci-fi series Doctor Who as this phrase is used to describe the TARDIS.
- This episode is the third time Mr. Krabs calls the cash register "Cashy". The first was "SpongeBob vs. The Big One" and the second was "Sponge-Cano!".
- This episode showed the third appearance of Sandy's helicopter. First was "SpongeBob vs. the Big One" and the second was "Sweet and Sour Squid".
- This episode marks the third longest name for a title card, after "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture" and "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One".
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs entered Sandy's treedome. He first entered in "Overbooked".
- Mr. Krabs didn't need a helmet, since he is a crab. Crabs can breathe air and water, but this will question as to why in "Overbooked" he wore one.
- The title of this episode is possibly a spoof of the title of a song called "The Pizza That Ate Chicago" by Tom Paxton.
- When Mr. Krabs is using a magnet to search for money and attracts the other magnet, the sand only covers the other magnet itself. When the sand washes away, a rope can be seen attached to that magnet.
- This marks the second appearance of Sandy's puzzle cube, first being "House Sittin' for Sandy".
- This episode is a parody of the 1958 movie The Blob and its 1988 remake.
- This episode could also be a parody of the Goosebumps book that is also another parody of The Blob called "The Blob That Ate Everyone", except the plot is a little different.
- In one scene, Spongebob makes a face similar to a Phil Face from the popular Cartoon Network show, Adventure Time.
- In the kitchen the Krabby Patty eats SpongeBob's left shoe and sock. After SpongeBob runs out of the kitchen, it reappears for no apparent reason and remains like that for the rest of the episode.
- In Sandy's Treedome, bubbles appeared during motion like it was underwater, even though the Treedome is dry. There were two such occasions; one was when Mr. Krabs put the phone down.
- Sandy should've gotten angry at Mr. Krabs for using a whole lot of the serum, which caused the giant patty in the first place.