Near closing time at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob finishes washing dishes. However, he finds one spot that takes a long time to get it off the plate. SpongeBob attempts various methods, to the point of destroying the Krusty Krab. In the end, SpongeBob succeeds at his goal, but destroys the Krusty Krabs in the process.
- When SpongeBob says,"It may end life as we know it, but I am crossing the beams!" it is a reference to the movie Ghostbusters in which it is revealed that crossing the beam of their proton-pack lasers will end life as they know it.
- When SpongeBob is talking to the plate before he fires the laser, his speech and accent are a reference to the James Bond movie "Dr. No".
- The title card is similar to that of "Bubble Buddy" and "Pressure."
- This is the fifth episodes of season one, season two, and season three to use the night sound effect, the first was "Scaredy Pants," the second was "Sleepy Time," the third was "Graveyard Shift," and the fourth was "The Camping Episode."
- The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Mr. Krabs closes the Krusty Krab.
- House of Horror - #1: Mr. Krabs gasps at the sight of a spot on a plate.
- House of Horror - #2: SpongeBob panics at the sight of a spot on a plate.
- Up She Rises - "...till everything's shipe-shape, sir. Don't worry, Mr. Krabs! I'll get this plate cleaned up in the jiffy."
- Drama Link (g) - A flashback to the Krusty Krab on fire.
- The Marines March - SpongeBob tries various methods to clean the plate.
- Licence to Thrill - SpongeBob unveils the Spotmaster 6000.
- War Lords - SpongeBob introduces the steel wool laser.
- Project X - SpongeBob zaps the plate.