- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
- Debbie (cameo)
- Patrick (voice heard on title card mistakenly)
Near closing time at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob finishes washing dishes. However, he finds one spot that takes a long time to get it off the plate. SpongeBob attempts various methods, to the point of destroying the Krusty Krab. In the end, SpongeBob succeeds at his goal, but destroys the Krusty Krabs in the process.
- When SpongeBob says,"It may end life as we know it, but I am crossing the beams!" it is a reference to the movie Ghostbusters in which it is revealed that crossing the beam of their proton-pack lasers will end life as they know it.
- When SpongeBob is talking to the plate before he fires the laser, his speech and accent are a reference to the James Bond movie "Dr. No".
- When the Spotmaster 6000 starts to turn to ashes SpongeBob has his helmet on. However when SpongeBob falls on the ground the helmet has disappeared.
- When Mr. Krabs says "Oh, this time, ya done it, boy.", part of the floor is missing, but when he's chasing SpongeBob around in circles, the floor is in one piece.
- Also, when Mr. Krabs starts chasing SpongeBob, it seems like the foundation of the Krusty Krab is quite small considering small amount of the space that Mr. Krabs is chasing SpongeBob on.
- The live-action explosion shown in this episode was reused from "Dying for Pie" which is footage of an actual underwater explosion on Bikini Atoll, the island near which the show takes place.
- It also appears in "Frozen Face-Off".
- The Spotmaster 6000's power source is not revealed in this episode, but since an incredibly huge amount of energy is used and only an atomic bomb can create a blast that huge, the machine could be nuclear-powered.
- If you listen closely during the title card, you'll hear Patrick moaning. You can make that the third and final of the few episodes with voices on it after SB-129 and Sailor Mouth.
- The title card is the same as Pressure.
- 50th time Patrick doesn't appear.
- 37th time Squidward doesn't appear.
- Mr. Krabs refers to a blowtorch as "welding equipment." However, a blowtorch is not hot enough to weld. A blowtorch wouldn't even work underwater.
- It is believed by some viewers that the spot on the plate actually got bigger when Spongebob spit on it.
- The Spotmaster 6000 may be a refrence to the Ghostbusters Series, in the movie they use nuclear accelerators and "cross the streams" as the Spotmaster does.
- In real life, mixing microwave radiation and water will just cause a lot of steam.
- It's possible that (especially if it was nuclear powered) the reactor could have gone critical causing the explosion.
- Another possibility is that the possible electrolosis split the water into hydrogen and oxygen and either the heat from the lasers or the reactor meltdown caused said hydrogen to fuse (much like a hydrogen bomb)
- The "spontaneous molecular distortion" could've been the result of electrolosis (the process of splitting molecules through electricity) and possibly nuclear fusion resulting from enourmous heat.
- It is possible that the ominous blue light was from nuclear fusion as some stars give off a bluish light.
- It is possible that said light was from nuclear fission as plutonium gives off a bluish glow as it undergoes fusion.
- The title card music is the same as Ripped Pants, Idiot Box, Patrick SmartPants, and Krusty Towers.
- In Little Big Planet 2 a community cut-scene they use the Spotmaster 6000 and "MOOORRRE POOOOWWWEEER"
- The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Mr. Krabs closes the Krusty Krab.
- House of Horror - #1: Mr. Krabs gasps at the sight of a spot on a plate.
- House of Horror - #2: SpongeBob panics at the sight of a spot on a plate.
- Up She Rises - "...till everything's shipe-shape, sir. Don't worry, Mr. Krabs! I'll get this plate cleaned up in the jiffy."
- Drama Link (g) - A flashback to the Krusty Krab on fire.
- The Marines March - SpongeBob tries various methods to clean the plate.
- Licence to Thrill - SpongeBob unveils the Spotmaster 6000.
- War Lords - SpongeBob introduces the steel wool laser.
- Project X - SpongeBob zaps the plate.