|The Main Drain|
|Season 7, Episode 141b|
|Air date||January 28, 2011|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
The Curse of the Hex
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Mr. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Squidward Tentacles
- Old Man Jenkins
One day in Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob wiped the grill with an old rag at the Krusty Krab, and he proclaims that it is freshly clean and tries to convince a customer to eat a Krabby Patty that was on the grill. When Spongebob went back inside to cook that patty, the customer asks Squidward why he doesn't want a Krabby Patty, and he replies "I've seen what he cleans the grill with." It goes back to SpongeBob, who is on his way to the freezer for a patty when he slips on a puddle of water. Upon closer inspection, SpongeBob observes that the flood is coming from the sink, which is clogged with water. As he is trying to figure out how to unclog the drain, Patrick comes in and slips, but because he was his normal clumsy self.
They hear the story of the Main Drain, and Mr. Krabs tells the story. The story was that there was a plug that two kids supposedly pulled long ago that ended the world of Bikini Bottom. When they ask him where it is, he becomes nervous and tells them to go away. The two go outside and run into Plankton, where they ask him about it. He becomes nervous also and tells them to go away. SpongeBob says that he heard it from Mr. Krabs, and Plankton claims Mr. Krabs was lying. They ask him where it is and again, no results. They turn to Old Man Jenkins, but he yields no results.
Then they go on the adventure for the plug by dragging Patrick's house. Just before they pull the plug, Mr. Krabs and Plankton stop them and tell the story of how they were the ones that pulled the plug when they were younger. They explain that they lied because they didn't want SpongeBob and Patrick to look for it. Unfortunately, Patrick already pulled the plug and everything (including themselves and the Bikini Bottomites) was sucked into the drain.
Patrick then sits up in his bed, after hearing SpongeBob's story of the drain, and claiming it's as the most realistic story he has ever heard, indicating everything happens on the episode was only SpongeBob's story.
- Though it's revealed that this episode was only a stupid story being read to Patrick by Spongebob, the entire population of Bikini Bottom was sucked away before: in the episode A Flea in Her Dome, everyone was sucked into Sandy's Treedome. This event could have been the inspiration for this story.
- This is one of the most unrealistic episodes of the series.
- Like his arms and legs, Spongebob's tongue can also be detached and reattached.
- This episode makes a callback to Just One Bite: Squidward says he doesn't like Krabby Patties and Spongebob asks, "Are you sure?". Squidward points to his face, asking, "Does THIS look unsure to you?!", followed by a closeup of his "serious" face. This time, Squidward replies, "Don't touch me."
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs and Plankton were friends and kids. The first was Friend or Foe.
- Originally this episode and some others were originally on a DVD before the episodes aired on TV. The DVD name was The Legends Of Bikini Bottom.
- It was revealed in this episode when SpongeBob and Patrick are seen flying on Patrick's house intended with bubble made balloons. This scene of Patrick's house is similar to Mr. Fredrickson's house from the 2009 Disney/Pixar film Up.
- The main drain might have been a parody of a black hole, only you can't open something to reveal a black hole.
APM Music Identification
- Drama Link G - *gasp* "The main drain?!"
- Drama Link D - SpongeBob and Patrick scream after the bubble balloons pop.
- Dramatic Impact 3 - Mr. Krabs and Plankton yell "NO!!!!"
- Dramatic Impact 2 - SpongeBob and Patrick gasp after hearing Mr. Krabs and Plankton explained that they were the ones who pulled the main drain.
- Dramatic Impact 6 - SpongeBob notices that the plug was pulled open.
- Killer Birds - Spongebob was about to pull the drain plug; & Mr. Krabs says: THE DRAIN PLUG!
- Befuddled Gent - Old Man Jekins tells about SpongeBob & Partick about the Main Drain.