- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- What Zit Tooya (brief cameo)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Police fish
- Bikini Bottom's children
- Nathiel (kid)
- Harv (kid)
Time Cards Shown:
- Several Song Filled Hours Later
SpongeBob and Patrick are very bored and have nothing to do. While they are walking, they find some signs introducing something. They follow the signs to a newly opened Toy Barrel. At first it wasn't there, but it appears soon afterward, courtesy of a crane. They spend the entire day singing songs. To their disappointment, the Toy Barrel closes just after they finish singing. Patrick formulates a plan to hide when the police check the toy store so they can have the Toy Barrel all to themselves. They become jolly until the lights turn off, which scares the duo. Soon, they see a shadow coming, so SpongeBob decides to fight back, but that does them no good. It was just Patrick's old robot. Just as the store is about to open, the two rush outside. The episode ends with Patrick saying “Hey! It’s open!”
"Toy Store of Doom" was listed as number three on Tom Kenny's top-20 episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants on iTunes. His description reads:
"I love when hilarity and disturbing creepiness mingle. This one is like an episode of Night Gallerystarring SpongeBob and Patrick, directed by Rob Zombie!"==Cultural references== This episode may be a reference to the Nicktoons game Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots, while the title may be a reference to the 1992 Rugrats episode "Toy Palace." The robot walking with a huge shadow is a reference to the 2005 film Zathura.
- SpongeBob and Patrick act like kids in this episode is similar to the The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This was the second episode to premiere during Nickelodeon's The Bob Squad.
- The part where it shows Patrick wrapping the headband around his head is a parody of Rambo.
- The title is a parody of Indiana Jones the Temple of Doom.
- The title could also be a parody of Little Shop of Horrors, as well as Toy Story.
- The plot is similar to Rugrat's episode "Toy Palace".
- Two games based on this episode can be played at SpongeBob.com. They are Toy Store Trial and Toy Barrel Peril, based on a memory game and attacking the toys.
- This is the second time SpongeBob is scared of monsters. The first time was in "Night Light."
- This is the third time that What Zit Tooya appears (and the second time as a cameo). He appeared as an actual character in "Good Ol' Whatshisname" (his second appearance).
- Some viewers also complain about the bulge in Patrick's pants.
- When SpongeBob says hi to Squidward as he is walking out of the bathroom, there is a golf iron to his right, which is not really a toy but sport equipment. Plus, it has holes in it.
- This is the only episode to feature toys on a title card.
- The title card is similar to the Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful one, where some of main elements appear in the background (toys and garbage).
- Near the beginning, SpongeBob takes a doll out that says "Mama." This is the same doll that Plankton packed in a suitcase in "Walking Small", where it said "Mama" as well.
- It is unknown how SpongeBob and Patrick got into Squidward's house at the beginning of the episode.
- When the store first opens, the sign says "The Toy Barell" but when Steve and the police man leave the store, it just says "Toy Barrel".
- Many references are made throughout the episode about SpongeBob and Patrick's gay personality (Due to Spongebob wearing a tutu and both getting dress to fight the toys in the girls' restroom).
- At the end of the episode, Steve said that they just opened for business but the store opened the day before. It is possible the store was open for soft opening.
- This episode is number 3 on Tom Kenny's Top 20 itunes.
APM music identification
- Gala Premiere - SpongeBob and Patrick read the billboards of the toy store.
- Fates - SpongeBob and Patrick start crying because of the toy store not being here.
- Hawaiian Cocktail - Patrick explains to the construction worker that he and SpongeBob want to go to the toy store, but it's not open yet.
- Hawaiian Link A - "Several song-filled hours later...."
- Disneyland - SpongeBob dances in a tutu; the toy store reopens.
- House of Horror - SpongeBob and Patrick start crying as the robot comes closer to them.
- The Assignment - Gregor F. Narholz - SpongeBob and Patrick gearing up.