|Season 7, Episode 142a|
|Air date||January 29, 2011|
|Written by|| Aaron Springer|
The Main Drain
- Mr. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Cletus (Junior)
- Ma Angler
- Jordan Klein
- Uncle Belcher
- Trench Billies
The episode begins with SpongeBob and Patrick viewing jellyfish. SpongeBob reveals that they have been there for four days. They begin chasing a jellyfish. They then collide in mid-air before the jellyfish flies by them, they continue chasing the jellyfish, they don't watch where they are going and run off a cliff, they fall way down to a county-like village and land on a port-a-potty. Many of the trenchbillies gang up on SpongeBob and Patrick and capture them with a rope. They take them to Ma Angler, who says that they are "awfully pretty". Ma Angler orders them to an initiation, SpongeBob and Patrick question them and Ma Angler sentences them to a series of challenges, being: a banjo contest, "hootin' and hollering" contest, and a wrestling match. SpongeBob and Patrick win the first two competitions but decline to the wrestling match, claiming that "they don't like to wrestle" Ma Angler is suprised and asks them what they like to do for fun, SpongeBob claims that they like to jellyfish. They show the trenchbillies how to jellyfish and collide, once again. Ma Angler enjoys this. The trenchbillies laugh at them and call them dumb. Ma Angler certifies them as official honorary trenchbillies and gives them novelty teeth. SpongeBob gives a short speech and attempts to leave, however, they are stopped by a group of the trenchbillies. One of the trenchbillies, says that they have to take care of Ma Angler for the rest of their lives. SpongeBob and Patrick try to convince them to let them leave but the trenchbillies will not let them. Meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs and Squidward lightly chat, SpongeBob and Patrick burst through the door and the trenchbillies follow them. The trenchbillies destroy the Krusty Krab out of anger. Mr. Krabs, nervously, asks them for their orders, they all order something to eat. Mr. Krabs says that Ma Angler, who is eating a lot of Krabby Patties, will make "Customer of the Week" One of the trenchbillies sees that Mr. Krabs is making "goo-goo eyes at the Ma Angler" and as the episode ends, Mr. Krabs is forced to get married to Ma Angler.
- The name Trenchbillie is a parody of a Hillbilly.
- The episode's name may be a parody of the Adult Swim show,Squidbillies. Another similarity is that Ma Angler is like Rusty's mother in Squidbillies in that they are both extremely fat and cannot move from one place to another on their own.
- Running Gags: Cletus poking people with the pitchfork and someone saying "It's now or never."
- SpongeBob says that him and Patrick are not the "wrestling sort" but they go to "Wrestle Camp" in the episode, "Krusty Krushers".
- This was set to air on January 28, 2011, but it released a day later.
- This originally was supposed to pair with The Main Drain but paired withSponge-Cano.
- This is the second time the Krusty Krab is open on Sunday (although they are normally closed on Sunday), the first being Squid's Day Off.
- The scene where SpongeBob and Patrick are in a "musical challenge" is a parody of the famous banjo scene from Deliverance.
- Many people say that this episode shares some elements from the Adult Swim television show Squidbillies.
- For some reason, the Trenchbillies do not have pupils in their eyes.