Virtual Console is a file on the Wii Shop Channel on the Wii and on the Nintendo eShop on the 3DS and Wii U. It allows the player to buy old retro games.
How to use it
The player must go to the Wii Shop Channel and click on Start Shopping and choose Virtual Console. It will say what game you want. The player must then choose a game for Wii Points. The Wii Points are the cash to buy the games. While it's downloading, Mario as he appeared in Super Mario Bros. appears and collects coins and hits three blocks and when he has hit all three, the game has downloaded.
On the 3DS, the player must go on the eShop and scroll to Virtual Console and select their games for money. While the game is downloading, fruits drop in the game picture. When the game picture is full, the game is downloaded.
On the Wii U, the player must go to eShop and select Virtual Console. The player must then select their games for money. While the game is downloading, the player is told to wait. The player is sent back to the Wii U Menu while the game fully downloads.
Game consoles used (Wii)
- NES (500 Wii Points)
- SNES (800 Wii Points)
- Arcade (500 Wii Points)
- Commodore 64 (700 Wii Points)
- Sega Master System (500 Wii Points)
- Sega Mega Drive (800 Wii Points)
- TurboGrax (900 Wii Points)
- N64 (1000 Wii Points)
Game Consoles used (3DS version)
The games are paid with money so the price differs.
Game consoles used (Wii U version)
- The amount of Wii Points for some of the games on Virtual Console is based on how they costed in yen in Japan.
- Many other video game companies began creating files similar to Virtual Console. In 2007, Sony began making their old games available by download.