|Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle|
|Season 7, Episode 140b|
|Air date||January 28, 2011|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom
The Curse of the Hex
After SpongeBob's Last Stand (Proof: A Save the Jellyfish sign is seen at the Triangle.)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mermaids (debut)
- Krusty Krab customers
- Charles (debut)
One night in Bikini Bottom, a mysterious fog appears and the voices of mermaids are heard. That morning, SpongeBob realizes his alarm clock, Gary's shell, Squidward's clarinet, Patrick's cuff links, and Mr. Krabs is missing. While investigating, SpongeBob, Squidward, and Patrick are sucked into the triangle. They find Mr. Krabs, who tells them that he loves all the piles of "resellable stuff." He realizes that Pearl is left alone at the Krusty Krab with all his money, but she gets transported to the triangle too. Pearl and Squidward relax, Mr. Krabs looks for change, and SpongeBob and Patrick look for the mermaids. The mermaid quintet only knows how to "surround themselves with cool new stuff" whenever they feel like. They call SpongeBob's dilemma "TNOP" (totally not our problem). SpongeBob then quickly says upon return, "Unfortunately, I was unable to get the information from the aauugh," and being noticeably tired, he simply collapses. Mr. Krabs realizes SpongeBob desperately needs a Krabby Patty. He finds one and feeds it to SpongeBob. He then wonders who made the Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs wants to go back when he thinks that Plankton might have stolen the formula. The whole group goes to the mermaids, and Pearl wants to go to the mall, and the mermaids want to go too. So the mermaids sing backwards. They get sucked back toBikini Bottom. Pearl and the mermaids run to the mall while other people look into the pile to find all of their stuff. While the people are reclaiming their property, Mr. Krabs wants to see whether Plankton is actually trying to steal the formula again. He finds Charles who SpongeBob met earlier. It seemed that he caught Plankton trying to steal the formula. Patrick finds his cuff links and puts it on his tuxedo. He says to the driver "home reginald" and then steps inside the limo and drives off.
- The original name for this episode was "Welcome to the Bermuda Triangle," as seen on some of the original character storyboards on Facebook. To take a look, click here.
- In Turkish version, TOTP is KBSD (Kesinlikle Bizim Sorunumuz Değil). It is translated from English
- The title card is similar to The Donut of Shame
- On the Bikini Bottom Triangle, you will be able to see 10 tennis rackets.
- This is the second time Patrick Star falls in love with a mermaid(s). The first time was in the The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This is the second time Gary's big buttocks are seen. The first time was in To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants.
- When he was talking to Patrick about his cufflinks, SpongeBob and Squidward go over to see, and Patrick disappears
- Pearl wears the Krusty Krab hat for the first time.
- The Bikini Bottom Triangle is an obvious spoof of the notorious Bermuda Triangle . Also, the singing mermaids may be a reference to the Sirens in Greek mythology.
- Mr. Krabs mentioned the Dutchman Triangle in SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One.
- A table from the Krusty Krab can be seen after it warped.
- One of the mermaids made a reference to "Freakazoid!," a 1990s animated series produced by cartoon legend, Steven Spielberg.
- Like in Penny Foolish, Krabs wasn't wearing his metal detector gloves.
- When Patrick appeared in the Bikini Bottom Triangle, Krabs didn't know a cash register behind him.
- Mr. Krabs desk has been seen mutiple times.
- This is the second time money talks. First was Money Talks.
- This is the first and only time Spongebob has a "Krabby Patty meter" in his back.
- Frank (muscular goldfish) appears orange in this episode.
- It is unknown if these mermaids know or are related to Mindy and King Neptune from the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- When Mr. Krabs said, "So it must have been that rotten pipsqueak, Plankton," for at least a split second, his left sleeve turned red.
- After SpongeBob finds Mr. Krabs, they go to the vacuum. Before the things came out, Mr. Krabs had only a towel on. When he popped out of the things, he has clothes.
APM Music Identification
- Abject Terror - Title card.
- Drama Link G - SpongeBob and Squidward get sucked into the Bikini Bottom Triangle.
- From the Dead - SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs get trampled over the pile of stuff falling into the Bikini Bottom Triangle.
- Hawaiian Cocktail - SpongeBob comes back feeling exhausted.
- Dramatic Impact 5 - "Your Krabby Patty meter's on empty!"
- Woe is Me - Mr. Krabs crying
- Hawiian Party - Everyone got all there stuff back