|You Don't Know Sponge|
|Season 7, Episode 149a|
|Air date||August 9, 2010|
|Written by||Luke Brookshier|
Tunnel of Glove
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sandy Cheeks (does not appear in full episode)
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Larry the Lobster
- Frank (whale)
- Frank (store owner) (cameo)
It starts out at the Krusty Krab where SpongeBob and Patrick are making their favorite noises, while simultaneously annoying Squidward. Spongebob's is the dolphin laughing and Patrick's is the song of great blue whale. Squidward, who is extremely annoyed at this point, askes them what was happening. They explain that they are doing stuff together out of a book called Simple-ton. They then take a quiz to find out how much they know about each other. SpongeBob does fantastic however, Patrick does terrible. Squidward then looks at the book and laughs that Patrick guessed that the shape of SpongeBob was a triangle. Patrick buys two ice cream cones (but only gets Patrick's favorite flavor which is dill pickle swirl with mustard and extra bacon pits) and asks Spongebob for money. SpongeBob becomes upset, and he tells Patrick that he doesn't know him anymore after tearfully throwing the money on the ground. He then runs off to his house crying. SpongeBob cries so much that he fills up Gary's food bowl. Eventually SpongeBob goes to Sandy for help and she says that they don't have to know everything about each other and they probably just need some time apart. SpongeBob then tries to avoid Patrick, but he sees him go to the gym and many other places with Larry. Patrick is shown with a gift when SpongeBob angrily confronts the two, followed with Larry uncomfortably backing away from them. Patrick then explains that Larry is not his best friend, and that he got the gift for SpongeBob, which was a pair of glasses with a fake nose and mustache. SpongeBob and Patrick become friends again until Patrick gets scared by SpongeBob in the glasses and runs away, with Spongebob quitely sighing "Why me?".
- SpongeBob.com released the episode before it premiered on August 9, 2010.
- There was a 3-hour marathon leading up to this episode.
- The title is a parody of "You Don't Know Jack."
- When Squidward reads down Patrick's answers in Simpleton Magazine, he laughs on the answer "Triangle." However, Simpleton wasn't in SpongeBob's hand when he asked that question. Plus, it wasn't in the quiz.
- In this episode, SpongeBob is ambidextrous, but in Neptune's Spatula, he has two left hands.
- Though, an explanation for this is that SpongeBob can re-grow his appendages like real sponges.
- When Patrick was asking himself if SpongeBob was left or right handed, he puts his left hand up as he says "right" and his right hand up as he says "left". This is most likely an example of Patrick's stupidity.
- This is the second appearance of The Magic Shop, but the first time the inside is shown. The first appearance was in F.U.N.
- In I Was a Teenage Gary, SpongeBob reveals that he's a lefty, however, he says in this episode that he's ambidextrous. He also says, "Luckily, I'm ambidextrous!" in The Splinter.
- Fancy Living Digest from Chocolate with Nuts appears again in this episode.
- Frank from the Palace of Pranks in Pranks a Lot appears again working in the Magic Shop.
- It's revealed that SpongeBob's favorite ice cream is plain vanilla, has an outie bellybutton, and his favorite color is blue. Also, Patrick likes aquamarine, is right-handed, and has an inny bellybutton. His favorite ice cream is a double-pickled swirl with mustard and extra bacon bits.
- In many episodes, Patrick is shown using his left hand, even though this episode says he's right handed.
- There's an episode of The Looney Tunes Show, called "Best Friends", that is outwardly similar to this one. In the mentioned episode, Bugs and Daffy take a quiz about each other, similar to how SpongeBob and Patrick took a quiz on each other. Also Daffy didn't know anything about Bugs, similar to how Patrick didn't know anything about SpongeBob.
- This is the first time that a blue whale appeared in the series.
- This episode reveals that Patrick knows nothing about SpongeBob, not even the most simple things about him.
- When SpongeBob gives Patrick the $5, he throws 4 bills and 4 coins on the ground, then cries like crazy. This means that he probably gave Patrick four $1 bills, and four quarter coins.
- SpongeBob was seen with big muscles, but in other episodes, he was shown to be weak.
- This title card music is the same as A Day Without Tears.
- The title card background would be the same and different as Growth Spout, and Porous Pockets, except for the jellyfish put in it.
- This is the 4th time the house shows that SpongeBob is sad. The 1st was Funny Pants, 2nd was A Day Without Tears, and 3rd was The Abrasive Side, but briefly.
- This is the second time SpongeBob has been called a crybaby, first was in A Day Without Tears.
- When Patrick is walking through the field, he makes the same noises he made in Shanghaied.
- Apparently Squidward wears shoes,(which was shown when he angerly throws one at Spongebob yelling, "Just pick one! And there's another three where that came from!") even though he's shown without shoes and sometimes slippers.
- This is the second time SpongeBob makes a bubble friend. The first was Bubble Buddy.
APM Music Identification
- A Day's Wait - Title Card
- Fates - "HERE! Take your dirty rotten money! (throws money on the ground) I don't even know you any more! (leaves crying)"
- Hawaiian Goodbye - The house shows up and then inside SpongeBob sobs in his bed with double tears and left tear gets eventually exposed into Gary's food bowl resembling a waterfall.
- Dramatic Impact 6 - "To tell me about your best friend, Larry, I suppose?"
- Pua Paoakalani (b) - Patrick explains that Larry is not his best friend.